Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Forces' Sweetheart has given us her support!
Post The Forces' Sweetheart has given us her support! 
I am delighted to be able to report that Dame Vera Lynn has given us her whole-hearted support in our campaign to be given permission to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia.

I was very moved as I listened to her give me the support to pass on to you.

She spoke of her support for those who served in Malaysia, her support for the PJM itself, and her support for our campaign to receive formal permission to wear our medal. When she spoke, she did not say to me "the medal". She said "your medal". You see, she knows ... she understands what this is all about. She's a lovely lady with an enduring sense of what service and loyalty is all about. She remembers - she doesn't forget. Those who are withholding formal permission for us and next of kin to wear the PJM should take note and learn what integrity is all about from our very own Forces' Sweetheart.

Her words are set out on our Home Page at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/

Barry

Post Dame Vera Lynn 
The news that Dame Vera is supporting our cause is fantastic, and her words will add a spring in the step of many a campaigning veteran on this site. It shows that there is still integrity in this country of ours. The fight may not be over, and we may have many setbacks as we go forward, but with the tencacity of you blokes, and the support of those who have already spoken up for us, we cannot lose. After all, the word lose is a four-letter word and we are far to gentlemanly to use four letter words. Win is a good word.

Post Dame Vera Lynn's support... 
My comrade Gerry has it right yet again!

...'a spring in my step', is EXACTLY how this news makes me feel...What a marvellous endorsement of our cause!...one can only hope that 'the powers that be' take close note of this lady's words.

I shall be seeing those Blue Birds over the White Cliffs of Dover in 10 days Dame Vera from all of us XXX so We'll meet again some sunny day!

Love you loads! Very Happy

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1