Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Remembrance Sunday 2007
Post Remembrance Sunday 2007 
Whatever service Ladies, Gentlemen and Children that you attend on Sunday November 11th 2007 make it a memorable one wherever you are. Whatever medals you have wear them with pride, hold your head up high in honour of those that cannot be there.

For those of you near to The Imperial War Museum at Duxford in Cambridgeshire (just off the M11 Motorway) some 40 of us will be honouring those servicemen that never made it back home. You are more than welcome to join us, there will be no parade from us just an act of remembrance at 1100hrs on the 11th Day of the 11th Month.

Admission to the museum is free to all on that day in recognition of the sacrifices made, it is not just an aviation museum, there is a large Land Warfare section too, this is our itinery if you should wish to join us

0900hrs Car Park gates 'usually' open
0930hrs John Cooper and Alex Carrie positioned at Museum Reception Entrance
1000hrs Museum opens, the canteen and toilets are adjacent to entrance
1045hrs Meet up as a group by The Hastings Nose (index TG528) in AirSpace Hangar or some call it The Super Hangar which is the huge hangar to your left through reception
1100hrs Two Minutes Silence
1200hrs Lunch by main entrance, thought an early one before the queues get too long. This restaurant is called INTERLUDES, you may wish to bring your own food/drink
1300hrs Leisurely stroll past the Air Traffic Control Tower and the hangars to the American Air Museum gathering under the nose of the B52 (Black Bomber) at
1315hrs American Super Hangar (Lord Foster Design half rounded building)
1400hrs to the rear of #5 Hangar to go into The Ops Room, visit the outside of SHQ and The Guardroom, then to enter #5 Hangar via rear entrance, this is an area where much renovation of old kites is performed
1430hrs through #5 Hangar back entrance along some workshops to
#4 Hangar, many aircraft situated here (Cafe/toilets available nearby)
1500hrs to #3 Hangar back entrance to a mainly Naval Aircraft Hangar (some of these hangars are dated pre 1918)
1530hrs to #2 Hangar (leaving the best 'til last!) Here you will find Spitfires, Hurricanes, Mustangs all the Real McCoy aircraft and (I think) most in airworthy condition.

From then on cup of tea, chat, or just do your own thing. I must point out that the pace will be quite leisurely and we will stick as close to the timetable as possible, that way any late arrivals to Dux should know where we are up to.

For those that need wheelchairs these are available to hire and one electric scooter, but advance notice is required to IWM Duxford.

Dear Mr Alders

Ian has asked me to respond to you as he is currently away from the office. He says that he hopes everyone who has been awarded the PJM wears it with pride on Remembrance Day and that he will still press personally, for the official nonsense to be sorted out as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Lucy Jordan
Office Administrator

Great Paul, one more feather, can you inform the other forum members when you received this letter please!

It was a email yesterday pm (11/10/07)

Thats great news.
    and thank you Mr Ian Pearson MP for your support.
    Phredd

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: This morning's parade 
GLOman wrote:
Dave,

I too watched it through, and like you I saw many PJMs mostly worn in other contingents, but I didn't see the NMBVA either and I was looking with special interest. Coincidence or censorship?

David

We were there, best we've ever marched and right behind us was a Guards band, so it's strange isn't it. Perhaps, with hind sight I shouldn't have written to the BBC.

Owen

You can take a guy out of the army put you can't take the army out of the guy.Very smart Bill.I just love those polished shoes

owen lawrence wrote:
GLOman wrote:
Dave,

I too watched it through, and like you I saw many PJMs mostly worn in other contingents, but I didn't see the NMBVA either and I was looking with special interest. Coincidence or censorship?

David

We were there, best we've ever marched and right behind us was a Guards band, so it's strange isn't it. Perhaps, with hind sight I shouldn't have written to the BBC.

Owen

I've been thinking about this and maybe we are becoming a bit paranoid. Important as our campaign is, lets not forget what yesterday was really all about.

Owen (again)

This is me with my PJM mounted with my other medals after the parade.

owen lawrence wrote:

I've been thinking about this and maybe we are becoming a bit paranoid. Important as our campaign is, lets not forget what yesterday was really all about.

I don't think any of us lose sight of that, Owen. And I wouldn't want anyone to think that this campaign was more important than "Remembering".

But one should also not forget that the Fight4thePJM campaign is trying to rectify an injustice perpetrated on men who will stay in the Far East forever, and on their widows and other relatives who have been denied The Queen's permission to wear their posthmous PJMs with honour. I believe that we owe it to them and to the injured and to all survivors, to be forthright in our campaign, to use every opportunity in our fight to advance our campaign ... but especially to remember those who did not return. But we are not zealots - just a bunch of British veterans who have found ourselves, through no fault of our own, in one last battle.

For my part, I have been to four too many military funerals, and I take 250 poppy crosses to the Western Front each year, and have visited over 150 cemeteries and Memorials to the Missing to remember those who never came home ... including several of my family.

But I don't get bogged down in either the remembering or the campaign. I also have another life ...

All the best,

Barry

PS If anyone wants to help develop an understanding of WW1 amongst people in a very practical way, why not look in at http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/. I have been a member for many years - our motto is ... "Remembering".

go to army.gc.ca this will put you on the main page , click on the veterans in the index and then look for "2 minutes of time" this will then load and play . there is a download option which will only take about a minute.

Hope this works for you Phredd........ it definately makes you fill up!!!!

roger
costa calida[/img]

[quote="BarryF"]
owen lawrence wrote:

I don't think any of us lose sight of that, Owen. And I wouldn't want anyone to think that this campaign was more important than "Remembering".

Barry, Perhaps my command of language is not all it should be, but all I was talking about was the fact that we weren't on the Tele.

Owen

owen lawrence wrote:
...but all I was talking about was the fact that we weren't on the Tele.

No ... but I spotted many PJMs. The camera paused a long time on one veteran sporting our medal.

I was highly delighted that we didn't get a mention! Did anyone hear the BBC's interpretation of the RBL Broken Covenant campaign? If my ears served me correctly, even the title of the Campaign was changed by Mr Dimbleby! I couldn't hear anything about covenants being broken ... only being requested to be reinforced! The BBC is very much a political 'organ' nowadays - it's having to watch its Ps and Qs after recent cock-ups when making a film about HM!

All the best,

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next