Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
A homecoming fit for heroes? Deserted streets greet soldiers
Post A homecoming fit for heroes? Deserted streets greet soldiers 
A sad reflection on our society- See the following in the Daily Mail:

A homecoming fit for heroes? Deserted streets greet our soldiers on their return from Afghanistan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=485962&in_page_id=1770

Hamish

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
That's the rub, they don't the people are all at the huge edge of town supermarkets where they can park and get all their shopping under one roof!

John

Something wrong here. I mean, how on earth do the shops survive with so few customers?

Stan

I must agree with StanW on this. Something just does not seem right. The shops and streets are almost deserted and the clock on the photograph shows it is before 11am. It is said that this parade was not organised by the council and was only organised by the army themselves. It also says they were going to a church parade. Is it a Sunday morning when most people would not be on the streets and if they were not aware of the parade they wouldn't make a special effort to be there.
I have no love of the MOD for what they have done to our brave troops but I suspect that this article has been exaggerated to such an extent as to suggest that the British people do not care about their troops when nothing can be further from the truth. Shame on these people who bend facts to suit themselves.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1