Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Support the Covenant for our Armed Forces
Post Support the Covenant for our Armed Forces 
Friends

Please will you visit

www.britishlegion.org.uk

then follow the link to their Honour the Covenant page where you can then sign up to support their campaign yourself and by following other links you can email your member of Parliament asking them to support this action.

Our forces need all the help we can give them so please take a few minutes of your time to make this a success.

Thank you

Post The Covenant. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

One thing I have noticed on reading many of the newspaper coverage of the generals comments is they all omit his words, "The military covenant is not broken, but more needs to be done", clearly that is done to make for a better 'story' but in my view it is NOT honest reporting. ONLY the BBC has included this in their article.

John

John, I do not wish to argue over the BBC, but I would ask you this, why would any report by the Media leave out the Generals vital remark, "The military covenant is not broken, but more needs to be done." if not to mislead the public?

BBC = Blairs Broadcasting Company no sorry, it is now Browns Broadcasting Company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1758

Phredd

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7100298.stm

Gen Dannatt issued a further statement on Saturday (17th Dec 2007) in which he said: "The military covenant is not broken, but more needs to be done."

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
John it is good to see that you have had a positive influence on the council. Lets hope for a good outcome.

Hamish

Hamish, as a result of the message you posted reference that serviceman and his family at Tidworth, here is the result which I sent to the County Secretary of Wiltshire RBL yesterday. All down to you mate thanks.

John

Christopher, the strategy committee of North Wilts District Council met last night and discussed amongst other things the report reference our Tidworth based military family and their housing problem. They have decided that they will investigate their strategies on the housing of ex service families as a result of this and also, County Councillors present, who are also District Councillors, have said that they will take this back to the County Council for their strategy group to consider. This is a huge step in the right direction and I have offered our services for briefings should they require them.

Regards

John
Exemplo Ducemus

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Duty Hours! 
Fred,

One is expected to remain on duty for as long as operationally required. I myself have done 36 hours straight off on exercises
in Germany during the sixties. Do you really think that the terrorists, insurgents or other enemy will "stand down" while the relief march on and the relieved march off?

Ask anyone who served in the WWII or other conflicts since - that is up at the sharp end! Moreover many have had to go without hot food because operational conditions make it impossible to deliver it. On this site there were observations about MOD's inabilitity to deliver hot food even when it may have been possible to do so. In Malaya/Sarawak/Borneo air drops were sometimes cancelled because of bad weather, as were helicopter deliveries , and some units were left to fend as well as they could!
Fred, this is not a personal criticism or dig - just fact!

The Police, Fire and ambulance services may have to extend their hours in certain exingencies - THEY OF COURSE GET PAID OVERTIME I BELIEVE! As far as the Armed Forces are concerened, NOT staying sober has its options; being killed, wounded, Court Martialled, losing your pension, being cashiered or kicked out!

Quote: "I thought you were on duty 24hours a day in the army Fred. Or is it more like civvy street now where you can pick and choose your own hours?" Stan

Technically Stan, I suppose they are, but I am sure I am right in saying that like the other emergency services, Police, Fire, Ambulance, they are no expected to remain sober 24/7 either.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next