Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 14 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
UPDATE ON THE WEARING OF THE PJM
Quote:
All very interesting and perfectly understandable John, even to a simple mind like my own......but our arguments and claims, to date, have not been refuted by lawyers......They have been refuted by liars!

I do agree with you on that score Jock, I just thought that this was an interesting article for those with an eye on the bigger picture and in that I of course include you my friend!

John

Interesting without question John.....and heartwarming to note that a superior, legally trained, mind such as Col Blacker possesses concurs with the humbler (but nonetheless cogent) thinking of the Fight4...We're no as daft as we look!!!

Post Our Legal Eagle's View is that You Can Wear it with Honour! 
It is absolutely right and fitting that this important announcement should follow directly on from one written by our late Chairman, Jock Fenton. He spent the last years of his life fighting with us in this campaign.

We have obtained an independent legal opinion about your right to wear the PJM (and we did so while Jock was in the Chair).

The Opinion also confirms that it is etiquette to wear the medal.

In view of the importance of this development, we have started a new Forum Topic at:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2044

Jock will derive great satisfaction from reading this news!

Post Re: Our Legal Eagle's View is that You Can Wear it with Hono 
BarryF wrote:
We have obtained an independent legal opinion about your right to wear the PJM (and we did so while Jock was in the Chair). The Opinion also confirms that it is etiquette to wear the medal.

The independent legal Opinion confirms your legal right, as an eligible recipient, to wear the PJM. Less formally, the Opinion also confirms that it is etiquette to wear the medal that you have been given permission to receive so long as you are eligible under the London Gazette Notice, i.e. not in Crown Service when the medal was conferred in January 2006. If anybody, e.g. a civil servant or parade marshal, endeavours to stop you wearing your PJM, or suggests that a rule exists that prevents you from legitimately wearing the medal without restriction, then they are almost certainly breaking the law.

But please note: This latest development, whilst reassuring in the sense that we now have an independent view that we are adopting correct etiquette and protocol by wearing the PJM, is not the end of the matter.

The civil servants have refused to acknowledge the demands of Parliament that they should amend the record that they created and that they administer. Until they do so, the stigma that they created still applies to your Malaysian medal. Only an official clarification from the Government will rectify the damage done by the flawed and incongruous 2006 Ministerial Statement. We have been promised (in writing) that that will one day happen. And we have also been promised that this situation will not be allowed to happen to other ordinary men and women.

Until those changes happen … the fight goes on.

And I will be with you Barry in that fight until we win and win we will!!!

John

Good news Barry but as you say we cannot sit back and must all continue the fight as a matter of principle.

These "ner do well" Senior Servants of the HD Committee would just love us to go away and allow them to creep back into their holes without having to admit they were wrong.

This is not about any "pound of flesh" but putting right a great wrong.

My New Year Message to them ( getting above my station here) is to put it right and I am sure we will march off into the sunset, so to speak. Magnanimous in victory.................fail to do so however, and we will still be here in 2009, 2010 etc. etc. etc.

I have always thought it takes a big man (or woman) to admit they were wrong. Have they got the courage?

I shall be sending a copy of the Legal View to my MP forthwith.

To the rest of you PJM'ers, have a really good 2009.

Very best wishes,

John

p.s. I will really miss our "Jock O' Grams"

Kuching.
One thing strikes me about the 'suits' is that they formulate policy for the Politicians, they try to brainwash the masses into submission, here is one group that 'ain't going away'. If ever I owe 519 of my colleagues a pledge to get justice done for them then I am adding one more name to that list Jock Fenton.

How these people behind closed doors can lie and cheat, move goalposts at will and how they sleep at night is certainly beyond me, my pledge to all for 2009

The Fight for Justice Continues

Post The Legal Opinion 
1. In a letter from Sir John Wilson, Cabinet Secretary, on 21st June, 1999, in response to questions asked in the House of Commons by John Healey MP, it is said that the HD Committee was set up in 1939 at the request of King George VI to secure proper co-ordination in the advice given directly to him on the grant of medals and associated awards, both military and civil in time of war and at the request of the Sovereign the committee has continued to this day, covering awards in time of war or peace, and its current terms of reference are

‘To consider general questions relative to the grant of honours, Decorations and Medals; to review the scales of awards, both civil and military, from time to time; and to consider questions of new awards and the changes governing existing awards’.

Where does it remotely say that they can make rules which breach the democratic rights and civil liberties of UK private citizens.

It was set up by King George VI, so it did not originate from the people’s parliament and must only be an advisory committee with no power whatsoever.

Whilst the Sovereign depends on the HD Committee for advice on awards and medals this does not mean that the Sovereign’s Constitutional position is altered so that orders and instructions can be given to UK private citizens not to wear an award.

2. The Honours and Decorations Committee, said in their six page report headed THE PINGAT JASA MALAYSIA, AND WHY ELIGIBLE BRITISH RECIPIENTS MAY EXCEPTIONALLY RECEIVE, BUT NOT WEAR, THE MEDAL, that members of the committee are crown and public servants who are required to maintain high standards of fairness, impartiality, and integrity.

If so, then why do they sulk and refuse to talk or negotiate a decision they know they have got profoundly wrong. No wonder our country is going downhill towards the gates of hell in a wheelbarrow.

It should also be noted that in their heading they are saying ‘recipients of the PJM may exceptionally receive, but not wear, the medal’, not that permission has not been given for it to be formally worn. So once again these civil servants are giving out unjust instructions to recipients of the PJM.

3. In the last paragraph of the legal opinion about the PJM controversy it states quite clearly something which the F4 team has been saying for the past four years and that is ‘the FCO is not entitled to prescribe a so called rule which restricts the liberty of a UK citizen without legislation’ and I would add this also includes all civil servants, especially those members of unelected committees who are so enamoured by their high office that they have left the real world behind.

It also states that ‘even if Parliament legislated it could be subject to review as an unlawful restriction on liberty’.

I rest my case M’Lord.

Post Re: The Legal Opinion 
mcdangle wrote:
It should also be noted that in their heading they are saying ‘recipients of the PJM may exceptionally receive, but not wear, the medal’, not that permission has not been given for it to be formally worn. So once again these civil servants are giving out unjust instructions to recipients of the PJM.

3. In the last paragraph of the legal opinion about the PJM controversy it states quite clearly something which the F4 team has been saying for the past four years and that is ‘the FCO is not entitled to prescribe a so called rule which restricts the liberty of a UK citizen without legislation’ and I would add this also includes all civil servants, especially those members of unelected committees who are so enamoured by their high office that they have left the real world behind.

It also states that ‘even if Parliament legislated it could be subject to review as an unlawful restriction on liberty’.

Amen to all that, M'Lud. I think that the Statement you quote allegedly breaks at least two laws, one UK and one European.

I came across this article from The Royal British Legion from June 2008

http://www.legion-magazine.co.uk/features/vetsandservice/how-to-wear-your-medals-with-pride/

Post Permission Granted! 
See the announcement on http://www.fight4thepjm.org!

Reply to topic Page 14 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14