Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
KOYAH!
Post KOYAH! 
As proposed by Barry and meeting with unanimous support, the PJM Association has, on behalf of all members, decided to act on the impending danger to the Orang-utan as a species and contribute on an ongoing basis to the World Wildlife Fund's efforts in Borneo.

Our contribution has been dedicated, on behalf of all Malaya-Borneo veterans and is symbolized through the adoption (in the name of PJMers worldwide) of 'Koyah' - a young Orang-utan ... a "person of the jungle", something we can all relate to having been during those days in the Far East!

As background information let me add that 'Koyah' is approximately 9 months old and 'as cute as a button'...was named after the Sungai (River) Koyah and

currently lives with her mum 'Ibu'....'Koyah's care and upbringing has been funded for a minimum of 10 years.

We'll post more piccies and information as soon as we receive them from the WWF.

Congratulations, all you adoptive parents!

'Jock' Fenton
Chairman Fight4thePJM Association

PS Koyah has been announced on our Home page at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/home.htm!

If only the civil serpents were as sensitive to the needs of others as the PJM supporters are we would have not had to go through all the rot that we have had to.
Just wondering why Richard Coney's picture was on the page.

Just wondering why Richard Coney's picture was on the page.

I don't think that that's entirely fair to Koyah, Ivor! Laughing

On a more serious note, this is an excellent example of how PJMers think. We like to put something back and my thanks go to the leaders of this campaign for finding a way to do exactly that. Yet again we witness great leadership within a campaign that has been fought with dignity.

I also liked the bit on the Home page about the endangered species. The point is made but with a touch of humour.

Kev.

Post Orangs and Lemons 
Can't resist it. The contrast. The support for the Orangs of the Utan shown by men and women who earned their PJM v. the contempt for Malaya-Borneo veterans shown by the Lemons in Whitehall who have earned nothing except my personal disdane. Well done Fight4thepjm. It makes me proud to be a supporter.

Post KOYHA 
Very Happy
I thank the fight4thepjm Committee for this wonderful gesture on our behalf.

I can't help but think that we are still involved in "Hearts and Minds" after
all these years.

HD Cttee and their acolytes can be said, too, to be involved; no hearts, and
whatever passes for minds (brains).

Thank you

David

Great idea Barry.............. Very Happy

What an excellent initiative. My thanks to all those involved. Dean

Post Koyah. 
Having shown him the picture and explained that Koyah kind of belongs to all the ladies and gents who have a medal like grandad's, Kit, my five year old grandson wants to know when she can come and stay with us. Now I must get the map of the World out and start explaining the difficulties.

Anyway, Kit seems very impressed, as am I......but especially Grandma Barton!

MB.

Great one, lads! Makes me proud to be part of it all. Are you looking for contributions?

Great one, lads! Makes me proud to be part of it all. Are you looking for contributions?

Dave,

No, we're not seeking contributions, but thanks for asking.

The WWF contribution has been made and we are pleased to report that it covers more than just Koyah's long-term welfare (and her mother's). The WWF will use some monies from our contribution for wider, but related, projects in Borneo in order to help protect and develop Koyah's habitat.

All the best,

The Fight4thePJM Team

Paid a visit to The Barbers Shop this morning. On my return, Jane asked if I used the same hairdresser as Koyah ... the results being similar, apparently.

Thought you should know.

B.

Dave Edwards wrote: Great one, lads! Makes me proud to be part of it all. Are you looking for contributions?

While, knowing and understanding the open-handedness of PJM'ers, they do not surprise us in the slightest; I am sure we are grateful for such offers of financial assistance for 'Koyah' and her kind.

However, the collection and disbursement of such funding is not something, as an Association, in which we would wish to become actively involved.
.....firstly; it would be a labour intensive process and as you will appreciate, we already have much work 'on hand'.
.....secondly; the World Wildlife Fund is infinitely better organized than we, to manage such activities.

Let us respectfully suggest therefore, to all those who may wish to make personal contribution, that they contact the WWF at;[url] http://www.wwf.org.uk/core/takeaction/fowintro.asp [/url]

Thank you.....

Well done everybody concerned, Koyah,and the whole stuggle to keep the Oran-utan population from becoming exstinct is a subject dear to our hearts (me and my wife) so thanks again B & co ...Rob. Very Happy Very Happy

Post Re: Koyah. 
MB wrote:
Having shown him the picture and explained that Koyah kind of belongs to all the ladies and gents who have a medal like grandad's, Kit, my five year old grandson wants to know when she can come and stay with us. Now I must get the map of the World out and start explaining the difficulties.

Anyway, Kit seems very impressed, as am I......but especially Grandma Barton!

MB.

Mike,its much easier to ask young Kit to take a long lingering look at his grandad. Laughing
Seriously though what a grand idea,congratulations to whoever thought up this idea.

Post Koyah and Kit. 
Funny thing, Smudger. Since Kit was so upset when I showed him how far away across the world Koyah was and that we would probably never see her he asked about you...!???

His meeting with you was only brief but perhaps there's a certain smell about us....kind of ape-ish.

MB

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next