Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Engraving of the GENUINE PJM
Post Engraving of the GENUINE PJM 
I haven’t yet obtained a replica medal but I intend to do so and I will buy it from Heritage Medals in Australia because I understand that theirs is not only cheaper but is also a more accurate reproduction of the original medal.
However, I have this question re. the ORIGINAL PJM medal as issued by the MHC London.
Has anybody had their ORIGINAL and GENUINE PJM medal engraved? I ask this question because I was told by a medal supplier in Auckland that it would be unwise to do this because the metal is too hard and engraving could cause the medal to shatter.
Has anybody experienced this?
Thanks, Ken

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Engraving 
This whole business has got me rather intrigued, so I've emailed the manufacturers Elitkraf to ask what the medal is made off, and what they recommend.
If they answer, I'll post their reply.

Post Re: Engraving 
Kentsboro wrote:
This whole business has got me rather intrigued, so I've emailed the manufacturers Elitkraf to ask what the medal is made off, and what they recommend.
If they answer, I'll post their reply.

Thanks Kent,

I would be interested in your reply.

Here is another site selling PJM medals for those who wish to keep their original in its box for safekeeping.

http://www.egframes.net/index.php?cPath=14_67

Notice it has been included alongside official British medals.

Post Medal Engraving/Stamping 
I have yet to receive any reply from Elitkraf; I emailed them again about a week ago, but still no reply - I will keep on contacting them until I am successful - even if it means telephoning them !

Tony

Post PJM engraving 
Ken

I have patiently been waiting over 12months for my PJM to arrive from the MHC, when I eventually receive it can you advise me where I can have it engraved... ?

Post Re: "Engraved" 
revellt wrote:
Had my "PJM" (The Genuine Article) engraved and mounted by a company in Bournemouth called the "Mess Dress Ltd". I had Three Medals mounted and extra Bar supplied and fitted and my "PJM" engraved, plus new ribbons all for £32-00 including postage, I actually sent £35-00 and they included 3 X £1-00 coins when they returned my Medals. Looking forward to explaining to the congregation on Sunday why I am wearing three medals instead of the usual two.....
Regards
Terry.....

Thanks for the information Terry.......that price seems quite reasonable,.......and did you have your PJM medal engraved around the rim like the British campaign medals.

I also found The Mess Dress Firm on a seerch for Medal Mounting and had my medals court mounted at a very reasonable cost and returned within 3days last week and was pleased with the result.

Cameron

The link to The Mess Dress Company can be found on the links page of www.rblcalne.org.uk

John

Post "Engraved" 
Had my "PJM" (The Genuine Article) engraved and mounted by a company in Bournemouth called the "Mess Dress Ltd". I had Three Medals mounted and extra Bar supplied and fitted and my "PJM" engraved, plus new ribbons all for £32-00 including postage, I actually sent £35-00 and they included 3 X £1-00 coins when they returned my Medals. Looking forward to explaining to the congregation on Sunday why I am wearing three medals instead of the usual two.....
Regards
Terry.....

I have a friend who works in the Department for Veterans Affairs (Their Veterans Agency) so I will send an email to see if she can confirm if she knows of any engraving of their PJM's

Post Engraving 
Quote:
Medal Engraving/Stamping
I have yet to receive any reply from Elitkraf; I emailed them again about a week ago, but still no reply - I will keep on contacting them until I am successful - even if it means telephoning them !

Tony

I am STILL pestering these people in the hope that they get fed up with it before I do, and give me an answer.

You can rest assurred I will let you know the outcome.

Tony (if the worse comes to worse, I'll consult a sodding metalurgist!)

Post Re: PJM Engraving 
mel harris wrote:
If you order your PJM from Heritage Medals Oz they will do the engraving for you.

Yes........that is correct, but that is the REPLICA PJM .............and they will charge you $19.80 for engraving it...............my interest is in having the GENUINE PJM engraved. Has anybody done that?
Ken

Post PJM Engraving 
If you order your PJM from Heritage Medals Oz they will do the engraving for you.

I don't know about the Australian issued PJM but I do know that the medal issued to the Kiwis isn't engraved...............and nobody has come on here to say that they have had theirgenuine PJM engraved either. I would like somebody to say they have had theirs engraved before I risk it..............but I have had my replica PJM (supplied by Heritage Medals) engraved.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next