Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Discrimination.
Post Discrimination. 
In the news to-day (bbc.co.uk) it is reported that a 16 years old girl who wishes to wear a chastity ring (the phase sweeping America about young people showing that they do not indulge in sexcual activity before marriage) to school and has been banned from doing so by the school representatives, is taking them to court for discrimination and breaching her human rights. It is said that she is being backed by the Lawyers Christian Fellowship. The young lady also makes the point that other females of a non-Christian background are allowed to wear rings and bangles to school - know who I mean 'arry!!

The point of this posting is that discrimination is against our Human Rights and in the case of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia the Honours and Decorations Committee and Government Ministers who have refused permission for the PJM to be worn and warn that to do so would be discourteous to the Queen, whilst allowing others (dual Nationals, other Commonwealth veterans, and you can wear it if you like but will be doing so without permission) to wear with permission granted by the Head of our Constitution, seems to me to be an act of discrimination against a certain group of British citizens. It is no use them saying it is due to the rules in these other countries as the discrimination is right here in the UK on our doorstep.

Andy....I do not disagree with you for an instant when you say:

Quote:
It is no use them saying it is due to the rules in these other countries as the discrimination is right here in the UK on our doorstep.

....I would point out however that this discrimination also extends a fair bit outside the confines of 'your doorstep'....it extends, for example, all of the 3500 mile width of the Atlantic and in addition to the 3100 mile width of Canada too.

Post DISCRIMINATION 
Andy,

You’re so right. Several recent glaring examples of Honours and Awards underline what you say; a Knighthood for a non-Christian, non-resident author; peerages for non-Christian worthy’s, who are currently shouting the odds because the
aforementioned received a Knighthood. Discrimination by an eminent Gentleman not, I understand, a Marmite lover, and member of the HD who adds to his collection of ‘trinkets’* a Commemorative Medal marking the 25th year of the Independence of Antigua and Barbuda breaking the 5 year rule, distant past rule and whilst still a Servant of the Crown. These so-called rules of longstanding which preclude thousands of Veterans from wearing the PJM.

The problem is that we are fighting a”long standing tradition (familiar?)” of the unedifying practice where people in positions perceived as important and influential are maintained in those positions by sycophants and jobsworths who, glorifying in the assumed reflected importance of their superiors, establish their own hierarchical levels and use this assumed authority to posit their own agendas; in accordance with laid down procedures and within regulations if possible, but ultimately assert their own authority where this assumed authority is threatened. An example is, that having lost three battles: Suez Medal, Arctic Badge (something of a compromise) and the acceptance by HM of the PJM, they invent or misinterpret rules to preclude its wearing, notwithstanding that the London Gazette says we can and JSP 761 regularises our position.

I am not convinced that the Conservatives will be at all as helpful as I might, at first, have thought. Certainly Cameron appeared to be hedging his bets!

*Trinkets a term apparently used by MoD DS Sec to distinguish British Awards from Non-British awards, some of which should be put back in the Cereal Box!

Last edited by GLOman on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: DISCRIMINATION 
[quote="GLOman"]Andy,

the unedifying practice where people in positions perceived as important and influential are maintained in those positions by sycophants and jobsworths who, glorifying in the assumed reflected importance of their superiors, establish their own hierarchical levels and use this assumed authority to posit their own agendas; in accordance with laid down procedures and within regulations if possible, but ultimately assert their own authority where this assumed authority is threatened.

Absolutely spot on description..............I just love it Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Kuching.
THIS IS,AND HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR A LONG TIME,AS A.B.C. SYNDROME,FORGET ANY STANDARD OF DECENCY,YOU HAVE ,DON'T PLAY BY ANY RULES,THEY ARE POINTLESS,YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED,THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO SKIN A CAT,AND SADLY,FOR US ALL,TIME AND TIME AGAIN WE SEE ,THE SAME CLAP TRAP ISSUED AS IF SOMETHING NEW HAS HAPPENED,I'VE ONLY SEEN ONE THING SO FAR,THAT HAS ANY HINT OF TRUTH,AND THAT IS 'NO FURTHER COMMENT TO MAKE',I HAVE NO IDEA HOW ,IT WILL CHANGE,BUT CHANGE IT WILL,YOU CAN'T GO THRU LIFE BEING LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME,FAITH AND FATE,DECREE THAT WOT GOES ROUND, COMES ROUND; ME I JUST HOPE ITS 'KIN PAINFUL,AND I'M AROUND TO SEE IT,NUFF SAID.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1