Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
That's the Sprit
Post That's the Sprit 
Brennan says that we did not accept the decision on the PJM in the same sprit that it was given.

I disagree.

Permission to accept the PJM was given begrudgingly by Brennan.

Is that the sort of sprit he is talking about?

Post That is not the spirit etc. 
Mr Brennan, isn't that rather like Frank Tyson saying "My opponent did not accept the hefty punch I gave him in the same spirit it was given."

The main difference is that Tyson et al do it for money; not unlike you seem to - for sheer bloody mindedness and unfathomable spite.

Can Brennan really be out of touch any more than this. With Australia, New Zealand and Fiji accepting the PJM in the spirit that it was given why does he think Britain should be any different. We were all comrades in arms, doing the same job, trying to achieve the same outcomes. Difference is these countries don't have public servants who for some unknown reason, apart from their own inadequacies, want the world to see them as some obscure receding colonial misfits. The sad thing is that politically peopel like Brennan has not yet been brought to task. Hopefully that is not too far away. In my own case I consider the accepting and wearing of the PJM a matter between me and the Malaysian people and unlike Brennan I respect their award. I am not and haven't been for a number of years a servant of the crown.
I think it is time to stick the pins into the Brennan voodoo doll.

SORRY IVOR WITH REF TO THE PINS IN THE VOODOO DOLL,YOUR TOO LATE MATE,THERE'S NO ROOM LEFT Surprised

Post The misunderstood Mr Brennan 
Twisted Evil No, we did not ACCEPT the decision in the spirit that it was given
BUT IT WAS MOST CERTAINLY RECEIVED IN THE SPIRIT IT WAS GIVEN -

WITH CONTEMPT AND DERISION

GLOman....given Mr Brennan's and his band of sycophants blatant and purposeful misinterpretation of the rules, contempt and derision, as a response, seem to me to be most appropriate.

I tried sticking pins into models of GI's (gunnery instructors) at Ganges and Whale Island without success. But then again I had a grudging respect for those blokes. Brennan has no credibility so is not worthy of any respect. I am still bewildered why there is this paranoid reaction to the PJM by some public servants.

[quote="IvorJ"]I tried sticking pins into models of GI's (gunnery instructors) at Ganges and Whale Island without success. But then again I had a grudging respect for those blokes. Brennan has no credibility so is not worthy of any respect. I am still bewildered why there is this paranoid reaction to the PJM by some public servants.[/quote]
SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC,I STILL REMEMBER OUR/MY POGI HIS SURNAME WAS PLUM,AS I WAS JUST 5 FOOT TALL AT THE TIME I STOOD IN THE SHADOW OF MY LEE-ENFIELD AND FIXED BAYONET,ONE RAINY DAY WE HAD DRILL IN NELSON HALL AT GANGES,THINGS WERE NOT GOING WELL,THE VOLUME OF ABUSE AND BANTER WAS INCREASING,WE WERE MARCHED IN FRONT OF A HUGE PICTURE,IT WAS OF HMS BARHAM EXPLODING IN THE MED 25/11/41,IT WENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS," WHEN THIS 'KING PHOTO WAS TAKEN ,THERE'S OVER 850 SAILORS GOING THRU THE GATES OF HEAVEN",,,,,,,, LONG PAUSE,AND; " EVERYONE 'KING ONE OF 'EM STOOD HERE,LEFT TURN DOUBLE MARCH EFT,IGHT,EFT IGT,OUT INTO THE POURING RAIN,SO POGI PLUM GANGES 1962 ,IF YOUR STILL OUT,YOU BURNED A MEMORY IN MY BRAIN,OF WHICH I REMEMBER FONDLY,IF NOT I'M SURE YOUR IN DRILL HEAVEN!

Is Brennan accusing Australia, New Zealand and Fiji of bringing their awards system into disrepute by the acceptance of the PJM for wear?

Or is he saying it was not up to our standard to start with?

Post "" 
""

Last edited by StanW on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
YOU DID WOT? WASHING THE RUM GLASSES ,AND THE RUM FANNY ARGGHHH!,YOUR LUCKY KEELHAULIN WAZ ALL YOU GOT,I FEEL A SEA STORY COMING ON ,ONCE UPON A TIME WHEN SAILORS WERE LESBIANS AND WOULD DROP ANYONE REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOUR OR CREED ,ON ONE PARTICULAR STORMY DAY ,EVERY MESS HAD COLLECTED ITS DAILY ISSUE OF 'BUBBLY','CEPT ONE,(HONEST ITS TRUE) THE ROYAL MARINE'S,A MESSENGER WAS DESPATCHED ,THAT IF THEY DIDN'T GET A RUM BOSUN UP PRONTO NOWO,IT WOULD END UP ,BEING DITCHED,THE MESSENGER, RETURNED TO THE RUM ISSUE AND SAID "SAH ,THE MARINES :DON'T WANT ANY MORE, THEY HAVE ENOUGH LEFT OVER FROM YESTERDAY",PUSSER'S RUM WHEN MIXED WITH WATER IS WELL NIGH UNDRINKABLE AFTER TWO HOURS.THIS STORY WAS IN THE SHIPS DAILY NEWSLETTER 'THE RUSTY B' CIRCA 1964. PUSSERS RUM GAVE YOU A FANTASTIC APPETITE,YOU'D EAT A HORSE BETWEEN TWO BREAD VANS,IT WAS AN INFORMAL CURRENCY,WITH SIPPERS,GULPERS ,DROWNERS,FULL TOT ,WEEKS TOT ETC ETC,DEPENDING ON WHAT WAS GOING DOWN.AFTER THE TOT WAS LOST,WELL THERE WAS A FEW CHANGES UFFIERZZ COULD STILL GET RAT ARSED AS EVER,BUT THE RATINGS,AS USERS OF HIGHLY TECHNICAL EQUIPTMENT, 1 IRON ,40 MEN.WERE RESTRICTED TO THREE CANS OF BEER A DAY,WHICH I'VE KNOWN ISSUED WITH PIERCED TOPS,AND HAD TO BE RETURNED SAME EVENING BY PIPE DOWN. WELL MOST MATELOTS LIKED A CHALLENGE,SO THERE STATED UP A BLACK MARKET IN EMPTY BEER CANS! AND SUDDENLY THERE WAS LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS FOR MORNING BEER PARTY,WHICH WAS WELL AFT ,THE NAAFI BEING WELL FORWARD,AFTER A FEW PRIVATE NEGOCIATIONS, WITH THE CANTEEN MANAGER,LOTS OF CRATES WENT MISSING,BETWEEN THE TWO POINTS,MONEY CHANGED HANDS,AND OF COURSE THE EMPTIES HAD A VALUE TO HAND IN ,WHEN THE OPENED TINS REGIME STOPPED.THING WAS WHERE TO YOU HIDE 40 CRATES OF BEER? FOR THIS I HAVE TO THANK JOHN BROWNS SHIPYARD ,WHO ON BUILDING HMS BLAKE,ENSURED THE SPACING BETWEEN THE RIBS ,ENSURED THAT A CASE OF BEER WOULD FIT A TREAT,SO DOWN CAME ALL THE COVERING FORMICA, IN GOES ALL THE ALE,BACK GOES ALL THE FORMICA,WONDERFUL ANY LISTING OF THE SHIP WAS COMPENSATED FOR BY TRANSFERING FUEL.SO THERE YOU HAVE IT TO THE MASTER AT ARMS,AND ALL THE REGULATING STAFF,NICE TRY GUYS, BUT WE WON SET POINT . Rolling Eyes

Post Shushhhhhh 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

With the greatest respect to your office, Mr Brennan, I think that your bad decisions and warped sense of reality, now qualify for the golden straight jacket award.

Bearing in mind, that you had over forty thousand votes, I think that you are a worthy winner.

Our heartiest congratulations

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post A distant bugle. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next