Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
GOT YOUR PJM? PUT IT HERE.
Post GOT YOUR PJM? PUT IT HERE. 
THOUGHT IT A GOOD IDEA ,IF AND WHEN YOU GET YOUR PJM,POST IT HERE.COS AS IT HAPPENS MINE ARRIVED THIS MORNING,FUNNY THING IS THO,I THOUGHT I'D BE HAPPY TO FINALLY GET IT,AND WHILE ACKNOWLEDGEING MY GRATITUDE BEHIND ITS PRESENTATION,THE MAIN THING I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW,IS ONE OF SADNESS,MAKES THE PAST COME RACING BACK,AND I'M SURE FOR OTHERS,ITS VERY TRUE,YOU SEE THE FACES OF THOSE WHO WILL NOT GROW OLD. REST IN PEACE MY OPPO'S. Crying or Very sad

When I received my PJM just before Christmas last year my thoughts were identical to your own...a confusing mixture of gratitude to the Malaysian Nation for it's generous acknowlegement of our service and 'lump in the throat' inducing memories of my 'oppo's, particularly the one who remains forever in the Cheras Road Christian Cemetery, Kuala Lumpur.

Post PJM? Put it here. 
Congratulations, Pete. I got mine in March, the day before my birthday. Feelings were exactly as you and Jock describe. I just could not bring myself to open the envelope so got my wife to do it. Having read the citation she burst into tears and I got a big hug...which started my waterworks.

MB.

Post PJM IN ARRIVALS 
My PJM arrived yesterday and I am over the moon. Took a long time but the waiting was worth it and I can't wait to pin it on and wear it proudly on parade on June 10th in Weymouth.
God help anyone who questions my right to wear it, they will get short shrift!
A letter of thanks is on its way to the Malaysia High Commission.
h

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1