Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Harry
Post Harry 
The MoD has bogged it up again Harry is not allowed to do his duty.
Perhaps they should send his step mum instead.
The insurgents would run a mile and we would be rid of a parasite with loose knicker elastic.

Post Harry 
He won't even get a medal.

MIKE O.

WELL THE WAY ROUND THAT,SURELY IS FOR GRAND MA,TO GIVE HIM SOME COLLATERAL,SAY KNIGHTSBRIDGE,TEAM UP ,WITH THAT GREAT BRITISH BUSINESSMAN,MR ALAN FI-RED,AND PETE STRANGEHAIR-CUT,AND OPEN A DISCO/SPEWING UP SPOT IN GOOD OLE DOWNTOWN BAGHDAD, LAY ON SIR BIFFO AS DRIVER OF THE COURTESY TANKS, NO NEED TO VISIT CHELSEA TO GET LAID ,WIND IN RIGHT DIRECTION, A FEW SPLIFFS,EVERYONE HAPPY,GET A MEDAL,ON TOP OF HIS JUBILEE MEDAL,AND YEP HE WELL HAVE NEARLY AS MANY ON HIS RACK AS THAT SEASONED OLE MARINE CAMPAIGNER EDDIE THE FEEBLE Confused KIN'L WOT A DREAM,WAKE UP AN GET A 'KIN GRIP ,THESE PEOPLE DON'T REALLY EXIST,,,,DO THEY Question OH ,IF ANY DISILLUSIONED SQUADDIE DON'T WANT TO GO IRAQ,AS I'M THE KING OF BATH,FOR A MODEST FEE(CASH FOR HONOURS) I'LL ADOPT YOU,AS ONE OF MY PRINCES OF THE EN-SUITE,THIS WILL ENSURE YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO CLUBBING WITH YOUR OPPO'S.

Post Harry. 
Anyone who actually believed that he was going to Iraq is on a different planet. He had a going-away party so will he now have a coming-back one?

And before the Royalists start jumping on the bandwagon and blame me for being anti-Royalist, wasn't there an RAF Officer recently, who had done two tours in Iraq, jailed for refusing to go back, so where's the difference? OOps forgot, he was not part of the privileged set who believe everything in this life revolves round them.

Harry could have been sent to Iraq but now that they have shown this fear terrorists all over the world will be laughing their keks off at us. Once again Great Britain has been seen to be missing the 'Great'.

Post Medal 
Mike - do you really think he won't get a medal? Give it time, and he'll end up with a chest full like all the others. It accounts for them walking slightly inclined to port which helps a lot when speaking to people in a condescending manner.

Tony

Post Re: Harry 
Paul Alders wrote:
The MoD has bogged it up again Harry is not allowed to do his duty.

Its not the first time a Prince has been refused to serve on the front line,
" He had joined the army, serving with the Grenadier Guards, in June 1914, and although Edward was willing to serve on the front lines, the Secretary of State for War, Lord Kitchener, refused to allow it, citing the immense harm that the capture of the heir to the throne would cause"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_VIII_of_the_United_Kingdom#Military_career

A DILEMA, NOT OF HIS MAKING,BUT IF YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY,OR GRANDMA,AS OPPOSED TO THE REST OF US WHO FIGHT FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY,HE SHOULDN'T BE WEARING THE UNIFORM ,ITS FRAUDULENT AND INSULTING TO THOSE WHO DO,AND DO THE WHOLE THING, HE SHOULD RESIGN ON PRINCIPLE,AND BE IN SOMETHING WHERE HE DOESN'T ENDANGER THOSE AROUND HIM,A COUPLE OF YEARS UNDERWATER,WOULD CURE HIS SMOKING HABITS,MEET SOME OF THE FAMILY, NEPTUNE & POSIEDON,AND A FREEDOM FROM THE PRESS,JUST KEEP HIM AWAY FROM ANY BUTTONS,YA KNOW WHAT ROYALTY IS LIKE FOR STARTING CONFLICT,DON'T MATTER IF YOU SHARE A GRANDMA.

Then we have this poor sod being sent to jail for refusing to go to Iraq.

'Prisoner of conscience: RAF doctor who refused Iraq service is jailed
Doctor. RAF officer. And now war criminal. Flt Lt Malcolm Kendall-Smith was yesterday jailed for refusing to serve in Iraq'

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article357656.ece

Post "" 
""

Last edited by StanW on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
TO PICK OUT ONE SERVICE IN RELATION TO ANOTHER IS NOT FAIR,I DON'T SUPPOSE MANY AIRCREW STEPPED ASHORE EITHER UNLESS ON THE END OF A PARACHUTE,AND A SUBMARINE CREW ,AIN'T TRAINED TO FIGHT IN A DESERT,AT THE END OF THE DAY WHO ACTUALLY CARES IF YOU GET A MEDAL,MY FATHER IN LAW ,AND MY MUM ,HAVE MEDALS,THEY WOULD PREFER TO HAVE THEIR BROTHERS INSTEAD.I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO REALLY JOINS UP TO FIGHT WARS,WARS IS WHAT PEOPLE FIND THEMSELVES IN AFTER POLITICIANS FAIL,WHILE WE RECOGNIZE THE POTENTIAL MILTARY SERVICE ENTAILS ,WAR ITSELF IS AN OBSCENITY,AND TO SEEK IT ,MAKES ME THINK HE MUST HAVE A BOLT MISSING,ONE FURTHER POINT I'D LIKE TO MAKE,DON'T ASK HOW I KNOW,IS IF THE ROLES OF MILITARY PERSONNEL ARE SO WELL DEFINED,HOW THE KIN'L IN BORNEO GOING UP RIVER IN STORES TENDERS ON PATROLS, WHY WAS THE ONE AND ONLY BREN GUNNER ON BOARD A LEADING MARINE ENGINEERING MECHANIC ROYAL NAVY ,COS EVEN THO HE HAD A BOILER TICKET HE NEVER DID FIND A BOILER,AND CONVERSELY,SQUADDIES IN A SUBMARINE WELL ,THEY MIGHT LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN IN THE NAAAFI, BUT ITS BAD PRACTISE ON A 'BOAT'.SO WHEN PLANES CAN FLY UNDER THE OGGIN,AND A BOMBER(TRIDENT SUB) CAN LOOP AT 50,000 ft,AND A TANK CAN DO BOTH ,YOUR ARGUMENT MIGHT MAKE MORE SENSE,IN MEANTIME I'M CONTENT IN HORSES FOR COURSE'S,.

Post 'ARRY 
ro5 / Pete, Well said on all counts. Can someone explain why it was broadcast around the world some months ago, that 'Arry was posted to Iraq? What about Opsecurity? The clowns responsible for all this have almost cetainly screwed his career, don't you think.? Dave

Post Harry 
Gentlemen, we seem to be missing the point.

Harry did join the Army, and is willing to serve as and where he is directed, the same as we did.
As regards receiving a medal, we are not in a position to dictate who will receive any accolade which is bestowed and to whom.

I seem to recall that none of us refused the medals we were awarded.
My thoughts are, especially of knighthoods and peerages, which includes those purchased, are that if you are not enough without them then you certainly won't be anything with them.

Sorry I'm a bit grumpy and have been awol on parade, only I have been back in hospital for an operation on my knees, and they are still very painful.

Yours Aye

Arthur

BEEN WONDERING WHERE YOU'VE BEEN ARTHUR,HOPE THE KNEE'S BECOME MORE PAIN FREE ASAP,DON'T FORGET IF YOU'VE BEEN FEELING GRUMPY,THERE'S SNOW WHITE AND SIX MORE DWARFS TO CONSIDER,ANY PROBS THIS AREA ASK BIFFO THE BABE MAGNET,HI HO!

Last edited by StanW on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Harry 
HARRY WILL GO IN NAVY
By Dean Rousewell, Royal Editor
PRINCE Harry is set for a dramatic switch from the Army to the Navy after being banned from serving as a soldier in Iraq.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=harry-will-go-in-navy&method=full&objectid=19134869&siteid=93463-name_page.html

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next