Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Remembrance Day Competition - Gerry's wish is fulfilled.
Post Remembrance Day Competition - Gerry's wish is fulfilled. 
You will recall the Remembrance Day Competition. There were three ‘winners’ – Mike Barton, Gerry Law and Ivor Rich. We asked them to nominate a Memorial where they would like us to place a wreath on their behalf and that of the Fight4thePJM Team and supporters.

Having met Mike's wishes, we are very pleased to announce that we have met Gerry's wish. This is the second of the Remembrance ceremonies. Gerry Law asked for a wreath to be placed in God’s Little Acre – the cemetery and memorial that is so special to all those who served or lived in Malaysia.

Our heartfelt thanks go to Peter Nicoll and his family who have made this second wish come true in the most stunning way. Go to the following link and read all about it - and see some wonderful images of this moving occasion. And there is one unexpected appearance - and a very, very special one at that!

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/memories_batu_gajah_PNF4Competition_ceremony.htm

Ivor Rich's Memorial is the third and last. And it will be my honour to fulfill that wish when I next go to Normandy in a few week's time.

Post test 
test

Post God's Little Acre 
I have just viewed the images and read the tribute penned by Peter when he laid the wreath. I was deeply moved, as was Carol. Seeing Callum there was refreshing - the young of today will carry the torch aloft long after we are gone, and the time and effort put in by the Malaysians once again reflects the honourable nature of those lovely people. There are people in the corridors of power who could learn a valuable lesson in humility and integrity from those in Malaysia.
GerryL

Very well done Peter and family....a most touching tribute indeed....and the wreath you commissioned was absolutely beautiful... this ceremony is just another demonstration of the fact that our Association members are 'a class act'!

What a fitting tribute, our heartfelt thanks for undertaking this ceremony.........

Lest we forget............

What a beautiful and evocative ceremony. So good to see young people involved too. Made me feel quite humble and not a little soggy round the old eyes.

It truly said to me "They shall not grow old..........".

Please convey my thanks to Peter and his family for such a touching tribute and to Gerry for the contribution he made in making it happen and as ever the "committee".

John

Kuching.
My apologies for not replying sooner as my 'petenic' account seems to have disappeared into cyberspace so have had to organise a new account.
On behalf of Callum, Oi Man and I, may I thank you all for your most kind comments.
It has meant a great deal to us that we were able to contribute in a small way to Gerry's request, and conduct this Act of Remembrance on behalf of you all.
We are looking forward to again attending the official annual Remembrance Service at Batu Gajah in June of this year, and will most certainly have you all in our thoughts.
It was an honour and a privilege for us to be entrusted and to undertake this most worthy act.

Pete Nicoll
Kuala Lumpur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1