Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Veterans Day
Post Veterans Day 
Another response sent to TheyWorkForYou.

It would be nice if British veterans of Malaya/Borneo could wear all of their medals on National Veteran's Day, but because of the muddlee created over the weraing of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia, the chests of those veterans will be short of a medal hard-earned and offered with honour. Other Commonwealth veterans are not subject to any such restrictions. There may even be a boycott of events by many aggrieved veterans

Post Re: Veterans Day 
GerryL wrote:
Another response sent to TheyWorkForYou.

Gerry, great stuff. Can you post the URL? Thanks, Barry

Post They Work For You url 
Barry
This is a useful site for seeing what had been debated in Parliament on a dya to day basis, and adding a comment. The url is http://www.theyworkforyou.com

Post Veterans Day is Hijacked (would you adam 'n' eve it!) 
Andy has just sent this cutting from the Scottish Daily Express (their copyright, dated 25th June 2006):

It seems that this is a closed shop for the Government ... and the day is being boycotted by veterans.

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hello from sunny Pompey home of the Royal Navy(or what's left of it.) It's veterans day (Apparently) Well l'm still waiting for something to happen.The only thing I know about is some sort of presentation about VC winners at the Royal Marines museum.Apart from that sod all else appears to be happening.Nice one Brown.Whats your next trick going to be? Well I will raise my tot glass to absent friends and our Lads And Lasses in the current conflicts this government has got us embroiled in,may they return safely.

Post Veterans Day. 
Well said Jon. Although we are fighting for our rights insofar as it relates to the PJM we do not forget those who are facing danger every day on behalf of a thoroughly discredited regime who are falling apart and unfortunately seem to be taking our country with them. Veterans Day is for the Labour Government, and not as they say for the veterans. Like myself, if you do not have a Labour MP trying to save his neck then you will have no Veterans Day celebrations and you will not be invited to theirs if you do not 'live' in their constituency. It is a most disgraceful situation when politicians try to feed off those who have served their country just like Brown has done to improve his popularity with his defragmented Veterans Day which seems to have divided us rather than make us proud to be British because as one who was refused permission to join a nearby 'celebration' and told I cannot wear my PJM medal, I feel anything but proud to be British.

Went into Solihull Council House today to enquire if anything "formally" had been arranged for National Veterans Day,church service or presentation of lapel badges or medals etc.Met with a lot of blank faces and expressions of ,we've got a right one here.Not heard of it or anything about it came the reply.Undeterred I went to the Mayors parlour to see if he had any engagements relevent to Veterans Day.National Veterans Day whats that said his secretary.If you had come in last week I could have given you a lot of information about what we were going to do to honour the Queens birthday.Sorry can't help you. Thats the attitude and response From Solihull council

Rgds Ray

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1