Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Just Joined

Welcome to the ‘band of brothers’. You’ve picked up on many of the central issues and anomalies that confront us following the Ministerial Statement. We shall be exploding the myth of the HD Committee’s recommendation in these pages as the web site develops. They’ve made a pig’s ear of what was, ansd remains, a simple issue and we’re just about to demonstrate that to the world. It was a mean-minded and shameful decision that cannot be imposed on us civvies. We hope you will continue to visit and to add your thoughts.

I have placed a link to David Mundell’s EDM on the Lobby page/MPs and Parliament. I asked my MP (Richard Benyon, Newbury, Berks) to sign it and I'm pleased to say taht he has done so.

Post Re: Thanks 
Andy wrote:
I joined your site as mcdangle and am on your members list as such but when I tried to post my previous it would not take it under mcdangle so I tried Andy, my name, and it showed me as a guest.

Andy, sorry about the problem with the username. Our techies have looked at it and there is not a problem that they can detect. I have sent a message to you (as mcdangle) with a view to testing the username setup. One way or the other, we'll sort it out.

Post Another Newbie 
I've just joined and want to say thanks to everyone who is fighting for our right to wear the Malaysian medal. This is a great site and the Forum is one of the best I've ever seen. It's good to know that my anger is shared by so many others. Sam

Post Re: Another Newbie 
sam wrote:
I've just joined ... It's good to know that my anger is shared by so many others. Sam

Great to have you on board, Sam. Hope you'll have a good look round both the web and the Forum and, when 'they' wind you up, join one of our therapy sessions and get if off your chest here. All the best, Barry

I too am new to this site and have been reading all the comments etc. It's good to know that so many people are feeling the same as me. Thank you for all those that are fighting for us. I have written to my MP and the PM whithout any reply so far.

David Pearce OStJ. Ex Royal Navy HMS Cassandra 1963 to 1965.

I too am new to this site and have been reading all the comments etc.

Welcome to the web site, David, and thanks for your support.

We have a perfectly legitimate and just cause to fight for - and fight for it we shall. All the best, Barry and the PJM team.

Well done for getting this far, be vociferous, imagine its a Friday night in the NAAFI, bring out the Tiger, Slopps, Tennants or whatever, have a skinful and lets give these jumped up Civil Servants what for.

Its your medal they are denying you the right to wear-they should not have that right to deny

Thanks Barry for whatever you did,got through no problem at all this time.
Just like to add my heartfelt thanks to you and all the contributors to this forum who are fighting for the right to wear the PJM for all us vets.I appreciate all the time and dedication you are putting into this cause.Thank you very much.
I will be sending off a letter to my MP after this one.
I don't think the fight will get as far as a protest march but if it does I will be only to pleased to join in.In fact the adrenaline is flowing just writing about it.I'm up for it.How dare the "suits" tell me I can't wear the PJM formally.
To all readers of this website I urge you to write to your MP and let them know your
feelings about this "injustice".
Rgds Ray

846 Naval Air Squadron 62-64

Post In response to 'theoldgit2003' 
Hi Ray!

From one 'old git' to another...glad to have you join us...that's what we need, more and more letters to more and more MP's

Go git 'em!

Thanks Barry for whatever you did,got through no problem at all this time.

No problem, Ray. Great to see you on the PJM web site.

And it's veterans like you who fight your corner who'll win through. We earned this medal, and we'll wear it.

I hope many others will follow your advice and write to their MPs.

Post A welcome to our latest registrants... 
Dominic Dunne - Reon6774 - Mike - Follows - Bertiebrooke - johnmarauder:

Welcome on board all!

...we're glad that you decided to join us in our campaign...please take a little time to examine our 'What We Say' & 'Lobby' sections...they may provide inspiraton for you to lobby your own MP...and that is the best method of helping to win this fight.

We're all in this together boys!

Post New Registration 
Just wanted to lend my support.

I'm not entitled to it myself but I'm prepared to help in any way I can to ensure that everyone, every service man & woman eligible, receives the right to wear this medal.

If anyone needs the help of a feisty red head!! I'm the lass!...

Thank you for you support, it is aways an honour to have support from those who are not entitled to the PJM, it show that right is on our side.
THANK YOU

Post Re: New Registration 
Lisa wrote:
Just wanted to lend my support.

I'm not entitled to it myself but I'm prepared to help in any way I can to ensure that everyone, every service man & woman eligible, receives the right to wear this medal.

If anyone needs the help of a feisty red head!! I'm the lass!...

Well done Lisa, we may need a fiery redhead one day, we already have one ICENI warrior on here, you are not related to Boudicca are you? Again thanks for your support.

I do not believe that in this day and age this government or any government would be as small-minded as to deprive you guys of the right to wear a medal that you earned. I wasn't born when you did your stuff but I sure hope there are guys like you around to sort out the mess in Iraq. Power to you - you've got my support.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next