Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Letter to HM the Queen.
Post Letter to HM the Queen. 
14th February 2007

You’re Majesty,

I respectfully request a copy of the document that you signed in connection with the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM) awarded to British Veterans by the King and People of Malaysia.

Repeated requests to various Government Departments including the Cabinet Office have been met with objections in fact they have been obstructive and evasive in their dealings with my request for this document.

I fully understand and accept that any discussion that led to this document should remain confidential but how can the document it self be kept out of the public domain?
I and fellow British Veterans are expected to abide by what is written in this document, so we should be allowed to see it.

I remain
Your Obedient Servant

Paul Alders

Post 'Dai' Morgan does it again! 
'Dai' Morgan's letter to Her Majesty, posted here with his kind permission.....

Her Majesty The Queen
Buckingham Palace,
London, SW1A 1AA
UNITED KINGDOM

Your Majesty,

The FCO and the MoD appear to be disseminating misleading advice to Veterans of the Malaysian Campaign.

It stated that “it is permissible for the Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal to be worn on the grounds that the wearing of medals is not a crime and is not policed”.

When you graciously granted permission for the award to be accepted it was with the proviso that it could not be worn.

All veterans are determined to abide by conditions granting the acceptance of the PJM
and remain loyal to your wishes.

Further the MoD issued a directive (MoD DIN 10-002 of Jan 2006) specifically states that if ex-Service personnel wear an unauthorised medal, it will be “ a grave discourtesy to the Queen”.

May I, as one who served in the Royal Army Medical Corps in Malaya during the reign of your late father, His Majesty King George V1, and is not eligible for the Award respectfully request that your advisors review their advice to you with reference to the wearing of the PJM.

Madam, I have the honour to remain Your Majesty’s humble and obedient servant.

David F Morgan (Rev).

.........Reply Received from Buckingham Palace.

The Defence Secretary is Commanded by Her Majesty The Queen to
acknowledge the receipt of The Reverend Morgan’s letter which has
been referred to the Ministry of Defence.
9th February 2007

(....and one might ask, why, since we have been repeatedy told that the MoD 'has nothing to do with it', and that 'all enquiries should be referred to the FCO', that it should be thus referred to the MoD? For what possible reason??....Jock

Post Re: 'Dai' Morgan does it again! 
'Jock' Fenton wrote:

The Defence Secretary is Commanded by Her Majesty The Queen to
acknowledge the receipt of The Reverend Morgan’s letter which has
been referred to the Ministry of Defence.
9th February 2007

(....and one might ask, why, since we have been repeatedy told that the MoD 'has nothing to do with it', and that 'all enquiries should be referred to the FCO', that it should be thus referred to the MoD? For what possible reason??....Jock

Jock

This is most odd, I raised this yesterday here http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10114&highlight=#10114 what on earth are these people up to?

I read somewhere this morning that they thought Yes Minister was fictional but obviously not, looks like reality rules OK Shocked

Post Replies from HM 
Idea I believe some of us included, as well as our plea to wear the PJM to HM, our anger and frustration for
the outrageous "New medals for past service" which DS Sec (I enclosed a copy of the Website page) had sponsored
and these perhaps have engedered the change of recipient, three (COMMANDS) were directed to DS Sec while others
were sent to to MOD or Defence Secretary. Any significance?

David

I received mine from the VA today, pretty much the same as the others.........

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1