Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
RAF sends airman's family £1,000 funeral bill
Post RAF sends airman's family £1,000 funeral bill 
See the following article in The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/25/nraf25.xml

Hamish

ON TOP OF THE RECENT EXPOSURE OF M.P.s 'EXPENSES',THE DEMOLITION OF A £30,000,000 HERCULES AIRCRAFT,AS BEYOND SAFE RECOVERY,IN A'STAN,THIS IS JUST THE SORT OF THING THAT BRINGS INTO BAD PRESS, THE INSENSITIVE BUNGLING ,I WONDER WHY RETENTION OF TRAINED SERVICE PEOPLE IS SUCH AN ISSUE. PROBABLY A BETTER PLAN WOULD BE TO SUE THE M.O.D. ALL THE FAMILIES ,FOR SENDING ,THIS CREW ALOFT IN A PLANE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE,SPECIALLY WITH THE NEWS T'OTHER NIMRODS HAVE BEEN GROUNDED,THAT'LL MAKE SOMEONE SIT UP .DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT ME,IT MAKES ME WONDER WHY I EVER JOINED UP ,COS ANYTHING I HAD IN MY HEAD THAT WAS IDEALISTIC,WAS JUST A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION.SHAME ON YOU Exclamation

I saw this report on JC's RAF Forum earlier today. It made me very angry! Evil or Very Mad

Remember, this comes from a government department that just a few months ago was spending a thousand quid a throw for chairs for its civil serpents!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post Re: RAF sends airman's family £1,000 funeral bill 
hamishw wrote:
See the following article in The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/25/nraf25.xml

Hamish

And then there was this Telegrahp story on Tuesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/26/nalqaeda26.xml

I thought the Queen would have been a more important terrorist target if they were sitting side by side, so perhaps the story is a blow-up in an attempt to highlight Blair's bravery and dedication to duty, and to enhance his abysmal public image.

However, now that it has been made public, perhaps he should be asked why he thought it was OK to put the Queen's life at risk by sitting beside her when they were so worried about the possibility of a terrorist attack.

Perhaps I am just being cynical.

NOTHING THEN ABOUT THE QUEENS BRAVERY , SHE HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR NEARLY 60 YRS!,NOTHING FROM THE SAME CHAP REF THE BRAVERY OF OUR TROOPS ABROAD IN SNATCH LANDROVERS EVERY DAY,SEE IT FOR WHAT IT IS,A RISK OKAY,BUT I THINK A SPIN OPPORTUNITY, FOR SOMETHING HE COULDN'T DUCK OUT OF.REAL HEROE'S FOR ME,ARE THOSE WHO GOT OUT A MUDDY HOLE,WHEN A WHISTLE BLEW UP AGAINST A MAXIM . A TOAST OF THE TIME WAS 'GENTLEMEN TO WHEN THE BARRAGE LIFTS'. BLAIR HASN'T DONE ANYTHING MORE THAN ANY OF US ,ONLY DIFFERNCE IS HE'S LIVED THIS LONG,SOME OF OUR OPPO'S HAD THEIR LIVES BEFORE THEM,AND EVERYTHING TO LIVE FOR ,BUT ENDED UP IN UNKNOWN GRAVES HALF A WORLD AWAY Crying or Very sad

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1