Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Publicity material
Post Publicity material 
This is an experiment in transferring images. I took 30 of these "cards" to
the Leicester PJM Presentation, and with permission of the Organiser got
rid of them and could have doubled it! When image is enlarged to A4 size
I'm hoping that they can be downloaded and printed - here goes...

Now that's initiative David.....Well done, that man!

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Publicity Business Cards 
Idea StanW.

Private message on its way.

Regards,

David

Post Statistics, democracy and the rule of 'lore'! 
StanW wrote:
Statistically, to the MoD & HD committee at least, it may look like there are only 1,750 veterans who wish to overturn their ruling and some 33,250 (95%) willing to accept it "as is".

Interesting point, Stan.

'They' have tried to infer from time to time that it's just a few disaffected veterans who are kicking up a fuss about their discredited decision. That doesn't wash, of course, and you may be interested to know:

1. I have over 700 messages, letters and records of phone calls from people supporting us who do not have internet access.

2. Over 2,500 Fight4thePJM badges have been issued.

3. It took just 100 MPs to make Jack Straw (yes - he who first rejected the PJM) change a fundamental policy decision announced in the Commons a couple of weeks ago. He has been unable to get legislation through about changes to the House of Lords. So he said he would change the Commons voting rules! Just so he could get a decision that would reflect at least one of his proposals! It took just 100 or so MPs, 1/6th of the total, to tell him to think again. We have over 200 MPs signed up and we think the vast majority of MPs support us (Don Touhig is working on encouraging 600 to support us).

4. The other day it took just 32 complaints to have a big company remove a national advertising campaign. We have thousands of people, non-PJMers, supporting our case. And BBC Radio Solent were inundated with calls from listeners who supported us.

So it seems that our rights are decided by the rule of 'lore', myths and legend! The ‘lore’ created by the civil servants. We shall see about that ...

Meanwhile, it beggars belief that the suits continue to disregard what is essentially the will of Parliament and, more importantly, the will of the people.

Barry

Post More support and publicity material 
Readers may recall that on the “Off Topic” Forum under ‘Kentsboro’, I mentioned that I would write to Mr Peter Duckers – author of the book “British Campaign Medals 1914 – 2005" (an excellent read, and one no self respecting member of our group should be without !!). In response to a question asked by my son, Mr Duckers showed his support for our Campaign briefly during question time following a presentation he gave at the Gurkha Museum in Winchester. After another slight hiccough with my health there has been rather a long delay, and I apologise. We are back to normal again, and this morning I received his reply to my letter which is quite heart warming to say the least. I asked his permission to publish it on this site and in his email reply he said:

“Feel free!

- I wish you the best of luck against blind (and ignorant) bureaucracy!

Peter Duckers”

His letter is shown below.

Brilliant Tony and our thanks I am sure to Peter for his support

Hope you are back to full fettle soon

JohnC

Good stuff Tony......I was particularly intrigued by Mr Duckers delicate turn of phrase...cannot help but think that 'obscure and obstructionist thinking' will, in particular, be gleefully adopted by other writers on the topic.

All best wishes

Post Re: More support and publicity material 
Kentsboro wrote:
After another slight hiccough with my health there has been rather a long delay, and I apologise. We are back to normal again,

Tony,

That letter marks one telling return by you to the fight! It is indeed heartwarming.

It's also wonderful to see you back in action.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Barry

Tony,

Cool Man, and welcome back; nice to see yer, to see yer niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Regards to you both,

David

Tony, that is a brilliant letter and I wonder should we let the Don have a copy of it for his battles in the Commons?

John

Post Letter for the Don 
Not a bad idea John, but I would have to ask his permission to have it read out, or referred to in the House. I don't know what BarryF or Jock Fenton think. Say the word and I'll be only too willing to ask the gentleman.

Tony

Tony.....it would be my opinion that, since Mr Duckers has overtly approved your exposure of the document on this Forum (ie 'In the public domain') that specfic permission for it to be referenced by a representative of goverment is, perhaps redundant?.....This of course is my own, undeducated and totally personal opinion.

As to providing a reference to this document to Mr Touhig, in his quest to encourage the support of even more MP's....I say 'Go for it'!.....I shall leave my friend Barry to respond with a (probably more thoughtful and/or educated opinion), on his own behalf.

Post Re: Letter for the Don 
Kentsboro wrote:
Not a bad idea John, but I would have to ask his permission to have it read out, or referred to in the House. I don't know what BarryF or Jock Fenton think. Say the word and I'll be only too willing to ask the gentleman.

Tony

Tony,

Could you ask the Curator for his permission to forward his letter to the Rt Hon Don Touhig, ex-Veterans Minsiter. In forwarding it, you can tell the Curator you will advise Don that the letter represents the writer's personal view and not necessarily that of the Museum (although I suspect nobody there will object - they are more likely to want to counter-sign it!). Then we can leave it to Don Touhig to use the content to best effect.

He did this in his adjourment debate in respect of something pointing to me personally that he knew about. He did it very well and I'd have no fears that he'd compromise anybody.

I have absolutely no reservations. Go for it, Tony.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next