Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
'SNOTTY JANVRIN'
Post 'SNOTTY JANVRIN' 
WELL THE WORLD IS FULL OF SURPRISES(NOT Exclamation )BEEN DOING A TRAWL OF THE LATEST POST ,AND WHOOPS ,MRS BECKETT (A PAID UP MEMBER OF CARAVAN CLUB,IS AWAY ON URGENT BUISNESS),THIS IS A CLASSIC BUILD EM UP TO LET EM DOWN STRATAGEM,SO NO SURPRISES THERE.THE H.D. BODS DON'T MEET IT SEEMS,AND IF YOU AIN'T HAPPY,WITH THAT DISCLOSURE YOU CAN COMPLAIN,BUT ONLY WITHIN TWO MONTHS,IF THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT ALLOWS Rolling Eyes .ISN'T IT GREAT BEING POLITE IN A DEMOCRACY?NEXT UP MY OLE MATE SNOTTY JANVRIN,AS ANY NAVAL RATING ,WELL YOU THIS IS THE TERM OF ENDEARMENT FOR A MIDSHIPMAN ROYAL NAVY,WHILST BEING MOULDED INTO NELSON'S REINCARNATION,ANOTHER TERM IS 'WART',AND THEREFORE 'SNOTTY JANVRIN' TOOK ALL THE TIME TO BECOME A LT R.N. NOW OF COURSE AFTER LOTS OF A-HOLE CREEPING ,HE OUTRANKS ADML DULL-GILETTE -WILKY. SOMEONE POINTED OUT SNOTTY JANVRIN SERVED ON HMS DORSETSHIRE,IN THE INTEREST OF HISTORICAL FACT I HAVE TO SAY ,NO HE DIDN'T Exclamation ITS A PITY HE DIDN'T,AS THE LAST SHIP TO CARRY THE NAME DORSETSHIRE,HELPED SINK 'BISMARCK' IN MAY 1941,AND WAS ITSELF SUNK IN APRIL 1942 ,OFF CEYLON ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER WARSHIPS INCLUDING HMS HERMES HMS CORNWALL HMAS VAMPIRE(SORRY FOR ANY OMISSIONS) BY JAP AIRCRAFT,THE SAME DUDES WHO DID THE BUINESS AT PEARL HARBOUR.SNOTTY JANVRIN K-BLAH,CDF ETC ETC.WOULD HAVE SERVED ON HMS DEVONSHIRE,WHICH WAS EXPENDED AS A SUBMARINE TARGET,YES I KNOW HE SHOULD HAVE GONE DOWN WITH IT Exclamation THERE HAS BEEN YET ANOTHER CAMPAIGN BEEN GOING ON A VERY LONG TIME AS WELL THAT IS tO HAVE A NEW WARSHIP NAMED DORSETSHIRE,FOR SOME REASON IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED SINCE THE LAST ONE SANK. THINK OF SOME FAMOUS NAMED SHIPS THAT WERE SUNK,HMS EAGLE, GLOUCESTER,COURAGEOUS,CORNWALL,EDINBURGH,SHEFFIELD,ARK ROYAL,HERMES,INVINCIBLE,ARDENT,MANCHESTER,COVENTRY,THEY HAVE ALL HAD A NAMED REPLACEMENT, BUT NOT THE DORSETSHIRE.THERE MUST BE A MORAL IN THIS SOMEWHERE,WITH' DULL GILETTE WILKY AND SNOTTY ' BEING OPPO'S ,REGRETFULLY ALL I CAN COME UP WITH 'NEVER TRUST A MATELOT',BUT THEN I COULD BE LYING Embarassed

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ro5=6372 Wrote;

SOMEONE POINTED OUT SNOTTY JANVRI SERVED ON HMS DORSETSHIRE,IN THE INTEREST OF HISTORICAL FACT I HAVE TO SAY ,NO HE DIDN'T ITS A PITY HE DIDN'T,AS THE LAST SHIP TO CARRY THE NAME DORSETSHIRE,HELPED SINK 'BISMARCK' IN MAY 1941,AND WAS ITSELF SUNK IN APRIL 1942 ,OFF CEYLON ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER WARSHIPS

Being the pedantic type of individual that I am, I checked on this....and according to 'Wikipedia', 'ro5' is absolutely correct....(Sorry, no prizes for this one though Pete!)

The first Dorsetshire was an 80-gun third-rate launched in 1694, rebuilt in 1712, and sold 1749.
The second Dorsetshire was a 70-gun third-rate in service from 1757 to 1775.
The third Dorsetshire was a County-class heavy cruiser launched in 1929 and sunk 1942.

In fine form this morning Pete. I was just saying to the m'sahib, you know the one, she who must be obeyed, that I seem to recall a Midshipman Janvrin, when I went to see an oppo of mine on the Devonshire when it came into 'Singers'. He was overseeing the rum ration at the time. The name was unusual, I think that was why I remember it.

Regarding Mrs Margaret Beckett; I was thinking that at her next questioning time, we employ one of our old adverseries from the Far East. They have a wonderful way of getting the truth out of people...bamboo slivers under the fingernails...kneeling on sharpened bamboo slats... water torture... etc... etc...I could go on with all of this fun stuff all day, but my lunch time pint calls me away from the computer. I mean, one has to establish priorities.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post HM and Janvrin 
Just watched the new movie, "The Queen".

Janvrin is in many scenes.

He comes across, in the movie, as an obsequious little toad.

In fine form this morning Pete. I was just saying to the m'sahib, you know the one, she who must be obeyed, that I seem to recall a Midshipman Janvrin, when I went to see an oppo of mine on the Devonshire when it came into 'Singers'. He was overseeing the rum ration at the time. The name was unusual, I think that was why I remember it.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Thanks Arthur, you are correct it was HMS Devonshire not Dorsertshire that Janvrin served on as a snotty in 1965. There was so many of those County class destroyers hard to keep track of them all. My earlier post has been corrected.

Post Re: HM and Janvrin 
John Feltham wrote:
Just watched the new movie, "The Queen".

He comes across, in the movie, as an obsequious little toad.

Really JohnF you do surprise me (not!)

Post Sandra Gidley. 
Herewith email sent to Sandra Gidley MP with cc to my own MP David Mundell.

To Sandra Gidley – Gidleys@parliament.uk

Your Ref – Flem002/1/SJM/ALH

Re Pingat Jasa Malaysia.

Dear Sandra,

It is a very sad day for democracy when an unelected Civil Servant can prevent a letter from an elected Member of Parliament from being seen and replied to by Her Majesty the Queen personally.

It is also extremely unfortunate that senior Civil Servants have the audacity to use misinformation and half truths in an attempt to mislead our elected Members of Parliament and feel justified in doing so.

In his letter Sir Robin Janvrin states, quote There exists a long standing principle that UK Citizens may not accept (nor, by extension, wear) a medal awarded by a foreign power without permission from the Queen unqote.

1. The long standing principle he refers to was introduced in November, 2005, some eight months after the Malaysian authorities offered the PJM to British Veterans, so just over a year is not long standing. 2. The 1969 Regulations which were in force at the time of the award of the PJM state ‘It is the Queen’s wish that Her Majesty’s subjects should not accept and wear the insignia of any such Order or decoration without Her Majesty’s permission. 3. Non-statutory rules which amended or reviewed the 1969 Regulations did state ‘that no UK Citizen may accept or wear a foreign award without the Sovereign’s permission.

The rule that ‘no UK Citizen may accept or wear etc.’ is non-statutory and has not been passed by our Parliament as a law or regulation, so UK Citizens CANNOT be forced to comply with this rule. We live by the law of our land and under the Human Rights Convention and no unelected Civil Servant or individual Minister of the Crown has any legal right to make rules and apply them to British Citizens. To do so is to erode our freedom and right to a democratic government.

Perhaps criticism of this Senior Civil Servant in this manner is somewhat unjust in that he may not understand, or may not have been properly briefed, on the PJM situation. His letter certainly suggest that he most certainly has not given it his full concentration as the third line in the third paragraph contains the typing mistake ‘member sates’ when obviously ‘member states’ is meant. As this letter is sent on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen, such a glaring error is most unfortunate.

Last edited by mcdangle on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Re: HM and Janvrin 
[quote="John Feltham"]Just watched the new movie, "The Queen".

He comes across, in the movie, as an obsequious little toad.[/quote]
NOW THAT IS A SURPRISE,I HEARD HE FELL OUT OF PRAM BANGED HIS HEAD,WHICH IS THE REASON HE HAD TO LEAVE THE R.N.AS THE ONLY JOB HE COULD AFTER IS ONE THAT INVOLVES WALKING BACKWARDS Surprised WELL IF HE IS A TOADY ,I'M SURE RLIZ2 HAS A PRIVATE NIKNAME FOR HIM,BUT WHATEVER AS 'SNOTTY' HISELF QUALIFIES FOR A PJM IS A HD MEMBER AND HIS BUDDY ADML DULL GILETTE-WILKY ARE OPPO'S,AND IS ALSO PART OF HD,THIS FRIENDSHIP IS WHERE 25% OF Idea THE DEMOCRATIC DECISION MAKING Idea ,PROCESS WENT TO GROUND,AND CONFIRMS THE QUEEN SAID ACCEPT BUT NO WEAR Exclamation ,AND I GUESS AFTER LETTERS HAVE BEEN SENT TO H.M. ON THIS POINT,HE HAS BEEN GIVEN APPROVAL TO RESTATE IT,UNLESS SHE EVEN AT THIS STAGE ,SIMPLY DOESN'T KNOW Question ,COURSE ANOTHER SCENARIO IS IF YOUR LOADED GOT THE QUEENS EAR ,HAVE A 'SIR' K-BLAH CDF ETC ETC,FOR WRITING LETTERS,SORRY IS A WORD ,NOT IN YOUR VOCABULARY, COULD BE WORSE,HE MIGHT EVEN BE REGISTERD ON THIS SITE AND SECRETLY SLAGGIN HISELF OFF,FOR MAKING A DUFF DECISION, Exclamation BUT IN THE MEANTIME HE'S GIVING TOADS SUCH AS I A BAD NAME Wink

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1