Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Your opportunity to quiz Mrs Beckett!
Post Your opportunity to quiz Mrs Beckett! 
Margaret Beckett will be online on February 21 to answer your questions in the latest of the Policy Review webchats.

The Foreign Secretary will appear from 1045 GMT for about an hour on the theme of Britain and the World.

This is your chance to 'chat' up the Foreign Secretary. Click below for more info:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10012#10012

Barry , sent my Question to Mrs Beckett, will look in on Wed at appointed time

Cameron

Post Panorama 
Speaking of Foreign Secretaries | Panorama on BBC1 at 20:30 might be interesting:

Extract from the Radio Times

"For Queen and Country?

As the fourth anniversary of the start of the Iraq war approaches Britain counts the cost - 131 British troops have died and thousands injured. At first the deaths made headlines but now they are increasingly just statistics. Some army families, angered by what they see as public apathy and government embarrassment, are now prepared to speak out in a way they have never done during previous wars"

I'll be watching ! Tony

Post Panorama 
Just finished watching. Move to tears by families stories and totally disgusted by Minister INGRAM!
Ques: 50 Families are still waiting (for post mortems): Ans: it is not the responsibility of the MOD! Obvously briefed by civil servants as to replies to reporters or families question. I don't think now is the time to say more i.e.similarities.

Angry,

David

I'm afraid I wouldn't waste my breath on Margaret Beckett. She and her other cronies have demonstrated their innefectiveness and unworthiness for the positions they are in. I feel for the families of servicemen because we know through our campaign what a disgraceful administration governs the country. Those self serving public servants who are employed to support the defence forces are just part of that unprincipled group that follow some hidden agenda or follow some philosophy only known to themselves.
Almost 3 months from when Margaret Beckett announced the results of the review would be known there is not a word about it. Its no big deal, they can overturn the no wear decision at the stroke of a pen, except for lots of ego's at stake and the historical mindset of keeping the "common soldiery in its place".
After Margaret Beckett talks with people about their concerns I can see her and her hanger on's sitting down to a tax payer funded lunch and having a good laugh about it , that's the people they are. Shame on them all.

Post My Question to Margaret Beckett 
The preamble to this discussion on a Foreign Office policy review clearly underlines the dangers in our world and the need to develop international cooperation. Yet this country’s imperial legacy continues to distance us from those countries that can provide the support and cooperation that is needed. Current FCO policy decisions also divide the Commonwealth.

One example of this is the Pingat Jasa Malaysia, a medal offered to Commonwealth citizens by Malaysia for protecting its new independence. The Queen has allowed Australians and New Zealanders to receive and wear the medal, but Mrs Beckett’s office (via the Honours and Decorations Committee) has invoked rules within the Imperial Honours System to prevent British citizens wearing their award.

My Question: Will Mrs Beckett review this ludicrous and divisive policy and arrange for the Queen to be advised to allow Britons to wear the medal?

That one, very simple, policy change will remedy the snub to the Malaysian people and 35,000 British citizens and, and a more global note, will demonstrate that the UK is not clinging on to out-dated imperial values but has moved into the 21st century along with the Commonwealth and the rest of the world.

Footnote: The Queen’s office has asked the Foreign Office to consider the position (letter dated 3 July 2006). The majority of MPs want her to review this policy decision (nearly 400 signatures on EDMs). The Scottish Parliament (Public Petitions Committee) has questioned the ludicrous policy which sends the wrong signals to the world.

Post Pease copy questions to main thread 
I have inadvertently created two threads on this matter.

Please copy your messages to the main thred at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10012#10012

Many thanks.

Barry

PS I have now locked this thread.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1