Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
An Email Reminder to Key People-and a Response from The Don!
Post An Email Reminder to Key People-and a Response from The Don! 
Here's another example of some brilliant lobbying by our erstwhile supporter, Kentsboro.

And The Don was the first to reply!

If this doesn't inspire you to get lobbying nothing will! It did me, and I now have an email from two more MPs promising support.

- - - - starts - - -

From: Tony & Carol Davies [mailto:xxxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com]

Sent: 21 January 2007 14:09
To: denis.brennan@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk; TOUHIG, Don; HARPER, Mark; TWIGG, Derek; chris.edge@fco.gov.uk; BROWNE, Des; LEWIS, Lord; Foxl@parliament.uk; HOWARTH, George; MCCARTNEY, Ian; INGRAM, Adam; Barry.Griffiths@fco.gov.uk; eleri.pengally@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk; HOON, Geoff; michael.jay@fco.gov.uk; BLUNKETT, David; DOUGLAS, Ione; WATSON, Tom; HAGUE, William; BRADY, Graham; Clifton-Browng@parliament.uk; Simpson@parliament.uk; richard.coney506@mod.uk; political.kualalumpur@fco.gov.uk; editor@thestar.com.my; HAIN, Peter; peter.ricketts@fco.gov.uk; Bill.Jeffrey480@mod.uk; eleri.pengelly@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk; ASTOR, J Lord; MUNDELL, David; JOWELL, Tessa; MAY, Theresa; office@horshamconservatives.com; JOHNSON, Alan (MP); HEALD, Oliver; HAMMOND, Phillip; KELLY, Ruth; DAVIS, David; info@peterainsworth.com; CLARKE, Charles; HUTTON, John; CARMICHAEL, Alistair; MILIBAND, David; GRADY, Spencer; ALEXANDER, Douglas; REID, John; BENN, Hilary; BLEARS, Hazel; SMITH, John; TIMMS, Stephen; ashley@larchfieldroad.co.uk; info@dup.org.uk; Ian.Keith798@mod.uk; Floris.Davis274@mod.uk

Subject: Pingat Jasa Malaysia

Many of you will have already have received emails such as this before. But I make no apology for the constant flow. Many of you will have already supported us, but many either have not yet, or for some inexplicable reason choose not to do so.

To summarise our position. There are, in this country, approximately 35,000 veterans of Malaysia/Borneo, who fought on behalf of Malaysia between 1957 and 1966. The grateful people of Malaysia have graciously offered us all a medal - the Pingat Jasa Malaysia (PJM) or Malaysian Service Medal.

This government initially and most arrogantly refused to accept the award, but under pressure eventually decided that whilst we could accept it, we ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR IT !!!. We have a strong campaign underway to have this ridiculous decision overruled, and would very gratefully accept any support you could give. More details of the situation and the campaign are available on www.fight4thepjm.org

Thank you

Captain A J Davies

- - - - - Rep0ly from Don Touhig - - - -

Dear Captain Davies,

Thank you for your email. You may hv seen my EDM 356. I hv again this week emailed all MPs asking them to sign it. My successor but one as Veterans Minister, Derek Twigg, MP, has written to the honours committee in a very helpful way broadly supporting the theme of my EDM.

Best wishes.

Yours sincerely,

Don Touhig

- - - - ends - - -

Note that even Don finds time to email every MP! Why don't we all do so? Go to the Lobby page for help to do so http://www.fight4thepjm.org/lobby.htm

Thanks again, Tony. And thanks to all supporters who take the time and trouble to lobby for this just cause.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1