Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
DERBYSHIRE IN CHAOS
Post Re: Ending a really bad techie day. 
[quote="MB"]AND STILL IT GOES ON. How about you, Pete? DO NOT REPLY TIL TOMORROW. I'm jinxed.[/quote]
I THINK ,FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON IT APPEARS TO TAKE TOO LONG TO 'GO' AS COMPARED TO PREVIOUS,GIVING RISE TO THE TEMPTATION TO PRESS THE TIT AGAIN,AND ENDING UP WITH A DOUBLE POST,WHICH I CAN SEE FROM ARTHUR'S POSTS IS WORSE THAN BEING DOUBLE MEDALLED Exclamation REF THE M.B. BIT ,NO HARD FEELINGS MATE OK.I DON'T MIND STICK ,BUT IF IT COMES ,SURELY ITS BEST SENT PRIVATE,AS PRIME REASON FOR ALL THIS IS BECAUSE WE ARE OF ONE COMPANY,UNIFIED AGAINST T'OTHERS.I'M OFF TO COMPLETE MY 'BUGLE LOG' BIT OF AN ANORAK,BUT I RECORD EVERY OCCASION I SOUND OFF,HAVE SOUNDED LAST POST AT ,TYNE COT YPRES,THIEPVAL ARCH SOMME,DOUAMONT OSSUARY VERDUN,SOUNDED 'TAPS 'OMAHA BEACH MILITARY CEMETERY,AND TODAY WAS MY 4th FUNERAL,ALL I ASK FOR IS TRANSPORT EACH WAY,AND AM NEVER FAILED TO BE IMPRESSED ,BY THE THANKS OF FAMILY AND RELATIVES,ON THESE OCCASIONS,I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT,BUT THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT THE FINALITY AND SOUND OF A LONE BUGLER,AND MINE IS A REAL BEAUTY.THATS THE BUGLE DUDES,ME WELL I'M BETTER LOOKING THAN BIFFO,ONLY TWO JAGS LESS,WHICH IS NO RECOMMENDATION.

Post 12.45 and a new day ro5, or may I now call you Pete? 
I'm lucky in being half English and half Highland scot. The bugle brings tears to my eye and so do the pipes, but both carry the same message. Last Post I heard a thousand times but it was only coming home on the Nevassa...after parting with mates...when it came through a tannoy system that it suddenly made sense. As a true blue englishman you might regard the pipes as a joke,or maybe not. Listen to them at a distance on a still, frosty night...hopefully playing Flowers O' the Forest...to bring a tear..and as a blower to make music you'd want to have a go. The bugle and the pipes must have mingled on many a battlefield...during...and after the fighting.
I was not trying to give you stick, I know as much as the next man how much that hurts. I just have an offbeat sense of humour. As to airing our past differences in private...well.. you'd have to come and stay with me and the memsahib to do that. She is a damn good cook and I have a big shed in the back garden where we could either fight or sit in comfort and absorb a few wets of various kinds. Meanwhile let us call it quits and just fight the good fight 4 the PJM we both so richly deserve. As the man we up here celebrate this very day. Rabbie Burns, said, "The mans the gowd (gold) for a that, an a that.....so, " here's a hand o' mine," Pete. Just stretch out a hand to me...........MB.

Dear Pete and Mike, I have heard Flowers of the Forest played many times on the pipes, and still have to wipe away a tear. Yeah, even me. Likewise, The Last Post, on the bugle has the same effect.

It reminds us of our mortality, which is understandable, given what we have all gone through. However, it does make us touchy about certain things. That is our security blanket against a world that doesn't understand and refuses to understand.

Although battle hardened, we are still fragile, from a psychological point of view and every now and again we flip or do something irrational. It is just our safety valve letting off steam.

None of us is barking mad, and it is only natural that we can get a bit tetchy with some of the comments being made, because it touches a raw nerve. As long as we all realise that, and understand where the individual is coming from, then we can make allowences.

Barry, when he started the Therapy section of this forum, probably realised that we need to address certain issues that only we would understand. Yes, we do need to release that safety valve occasionally, but the individual should also realise what is happening.

The subconscious mind is a strange thing. Nobody knows what is going on in there, especially the sufferer. It is a closed door. If it gets too much for you, by all means talk to your doctor, or from a therapeutic point of view, sit at your computer and write your life story from start to finish. You will be surprised just how much that helps.

Yours Aye

Arthur

COURSE YOU CAN CALL ME PETE MATEY,I'M STILL IN SHOCK AT ARTHUR BEING SENSIBLE AND SO ILLUMINATING Exclamation ,BUT HE REALLY DOE'S MAKE SENSE,WHICH AS HE'S A FORMER 'KIN OFFICER IS A RARE QUALITY Exclamation MUST BE THE EX LOWER DECKER COMIN THRU.MY PJM HANDLE ISN'T SINISTER,LIKE YOUR OFFICIAL NUMBER WHICH YOU NEVER FORGET,ITS JUST A COMBO OF HMS EAGLE'S PENNANT NUMBER RO5 AND THE LAST 4 OF MY OFFICIAL NUMBER,WHICH BECOME YOUR LAUNDRY NUMBER TO THE CHINESE LAUNDRYMAN ON BOARD AND GOOD LADS THEY WERE TO,IN FACT IT WAS ME WHO HAD THEM STARCH ARTHURS Y-FRONTS AS WE HAD RUN OUT OF CLAY PIGEONS.A LONE PIPER IS VERY EMOTIVE TOO,I'VE MANY A CD OF THEM, I LIKE BLACK BEAR,BUT THE LAMENTS CAN BE RAW,ON THE SOMME AT A VILLAGE CALLED LONGUEVAL THERE IS A MEMORIAL TO THE PIPERS OF WORLD WAR 1,A SOLDIER PUMPING UP HIS PIPES AS HE SCALES A SANDBAGGED PARAPET,(GOOGLE IT).MY OLD MAN A TOUGH OLD SQUADDIE OF 27 YEARS SERVICE 1930-1957 ,BURMA AND KOREA,A SCOUSER, DID JOIN THE BLACK WATCH, HONEST ,HE SAID HE USE TO 'KIN HATE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY,AS HE HAD TO PROVE TO A LOT OF THE JOK'S THAT SCOTLAND BELONGED TO HIM AS WELL Exclamation HE ENDED UP THE BATTLION BOXING CHAMP FOR HIS WEIGHT,BUT WENT INTO ROYAL SIGNALS ON OUTBREAK OF WW2.YOU CAN BLAME HMS GANGES FOR THE BUGLE BIT,BUT I LIKE TO THINK LIKE THE PIPES,ITS A TRADITION FROM OUR PAST,I MEAN HOW LONG IS IT SINCE YOU HEARD 'UP SPIRITS' FOR RUM ISSUE,ON A WARSHIP,OR THAT TOTALLY UNIQUE (TO ROYAL MARINE BARRACKS EASTNEY) CALL,WHEN IN THE SUMMER THE DUTY BUGLER MARCHED FROM THE BARRACKS,DOWN THE BEACH TO WATERS EDGE AND SOUNDED 'BATHERS LEAVE THE WATER' THERE A TRULY EXCELLENT C.D .OUT IT IS CALLED FOX'S MARINES ,PLAYED BY THE FINEST UNIFORMED MARCHING THE WORLD HAS SEEN,OUR BOOTIES,AND YES I USE TO LIVE NEXT TO THAT BARRACKS A LONG TIME AGO. I THINK WE SHOULD LISTEN TO ARTHURS ANALYSIS,I'VE SUFFERED,DON'T MIND ADMITTING IT,I FOUND IT HARD TO EVEN SAY THAT AS WE LIVED IN A ROUGHY TUFFY MACHO ENVIROMENT,AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO ME,THING IS I BELIEVE IT MAKES A MORE COMPASSIONATE PERSON ,UNDERSTANDING PERSON.I MEAN IF YOU SEEN A BLIND MAN,YOU'LL HELP HIM ACROSS THE ROAD,YOU MIGHT CARRY THE BAGS OF SOMEONE MISSING A LIMB,OPEN A DOOR FOR SOMEONE IN A WHEEL CHAIR,BUT PEOPLE DON'T WALK AROUND WITH THEIR HEAD IN A SLING,WITH A STICKER STATING'FRAGILE DO NOT TOUCH'.THE POWER TO FORGIVE,LIKE MANY OTHERS POZ OR NEG
,IS A HUMAN QUALITY,WHICH I HAVE FOUND ALONG WITH MY OWN PEACE AND CONTENTMENT, I TRY NOW AS ONE OF OUR VICARS PASTORAL ASSISTANT,TO HELP PEOPLE,AND SEEM TO HAVE FOUND A NITCH,WHERE I COME ONTO CONTACT WITH LOTS OF ELDERLY GENTLEMEN,ALL WW2 VETS,JIM A JAP P.O.W. from 1941,JEFF,A BATTLE OF BRITAIN PILOT .GERRY A MAJOR OF MARINES,BRIAN A MATELOT ,PETER A LT COL,THESE LAST TWO ,I PLAYED AT THEIR FUNERALs,BOTH IN MY LOG BOOK.THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE IN BRITISH LEGION,ST. DUNSTAN'S IS A PERSONAL FAVOURITE,NONE GET ANY GOV FUNDING, IN FACT ST DUNSTAN'S, A CHARITY THAT HELPS BLINDED EX SERVICE BODS, WAS TURNED DOWN FOR A LOTTERY GRANT Exclamation I HOPE THAT HELPS EXPLAIN ME A BIT,I'M PROUD TO HAVE BEEN ONE OF HER MAJESTY'S SAILORS,SUPPORT OUR SERVICE PEOPLE TO THE HILT,BUT GET SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF,HOW OUR PEOPLE ARE TREATED,BE IT EQUIPMENT ,HOUSING,OR AFTERCARE,OR CONDITIONS IN SERVICE, THEY HAVE NO VOICE IN SERVICE NO UNION,AND EVEN THE RELATIVES OF THE DEAD ,HAVE NO RIGHT OF PROTEST ,IN WHITEHALL.YOUR CALL,IF YOUR HAPPY TO GO FEET UP,DO SO,ME ,I'M LIKE THE EMPOROR AARTONE,YES BOYS AND GIRLS,ITS HARD I KNOW ,BUT ITS THE RIGHT THING.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2