Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Sandra Gidley MP
Excellent stuff Tony!....let us hope that many more will follow your example by writing to their own MP's in a similar vein....

Post Letter from Sandra Gidley 
I received this letter several days ago - sorry about the delay but my internet connection has been up and down like a whore's drawers on boat-race night.

Just in case I lose all contact with this wretched internet - and it is very likely, may I wish you all a very very Happy Christmas and a Medal New Year.

Tony

I wonder if Sandra can get to the debate in WH on Tuesday in support of Don Touhig's debate. Hope your computers elastic band is kept wound up for a tad longer, I wonder how wound up The FCO/HDC are at the moment Wink

Post Tactics 
Cool

Perhaps I'm daydreaming, but does anyone else believe that it may be possible that the HD Committee might consider that there is less or no loss of face, dignity or authority in conceding to our request (demands!) by reconsidering their decision and giving permission for us to "wear formally" in the face of strong political opposition steming from the House rather than being seen as a being thoroughly outwitted and beaten by a gang of disaffected, jubilant, mickey-taking veteran proles at a later date.

Certainly, the Official Fight4thePJM intention is only to gain what we see as natural justice; we don't want "to kill or take prisoners", or like those who have kept up this farce for far too long, be permanently vindictive. To those involved who may read this:

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

WE WANT TO PACK UP AND GO HOME HAVING ACHIEVED OUR OBJECTIVE, GO BACK TO OUR RETIREMENT OR USE OUR REMAINING TIME TO DO 'OUR THING' .

With the debate on Civil Service impartiality coming on later on the same day it might be a good idea if they consider that fairness, equity and natural justice (vide the civil service code) over-rides "Departmental Policy (Minister) whether actual, contrived or implemented retrospectively. HD could grant permission to wear before the debate (which gives them 2 days - no meeting just emails, phone calls or over a coffee in the 'stress room" will do). They ought not to be complacent with regard to the outcome of this debate- nothing is ever certain.

THINK ON!

Post Re: Tactics 
GLOman wrote:

- nothing is ever certain.

.....GLOman....one thing IS certain....and that is that there are many of us (yourself included I suspect?) that will not give up this fight until we either win it or shuffle off this mortal coil...

Post Tactics 
Jock

In context (the Civil Service Debate), it is the outcome of their debate about which they should not be certain!

Without any doubt, like the rest of us, I SHALL continue until we win or I "pop my clogs" AND THAT IS CERTAIN!

Regards,

David

GLOman....I understood the intent of your initial post perfectly...and I concur with your point.

...as for your second sentence:

Quote:
Without any doubt, like the rest of us, I SHALL continue until we win or I "pop my clogs" AND THAT IS CERTAIN!

...this surprises me not at all...

Post Re: Tactics 
GLOman wrote:
Cool

WE WANT TO PACK UP AND GO HOME HAVING ACHIEVED OUR OBJECTIVE, GO BACK TO OUR RETIREMENT OR USE OUR REMAINING TIME TO DO 'OUR THING' . [/color]

David

You can't argue with that, that has been my and others philosophy all along. I too am not for taking any prisoners, I just want to see justice done. If it isn't then I think we ought to request the pleasure of the company of the HDC at next years Remembrance Sunday in Whitehall, perhaps a few thousand of us there could make 8 people see some sense.............

Post Re tactics. 
It is a ponderable point to remember that "The Don" was once against our right to wear but that he was a big enough man to recognise the injustice and do his damndest to put things right. Speaking for myself I do not see righting a palpable wrong as seeking revenge nor do I want to heap humiliation on anyone. I just want a very simple problem solved by simple common sense and then , like the rest of us, get on with what's left of life.

MB

This is round 10 of a 12 round contest so dig deep, it's not over 'till the final bell and even then there is the rematch! (Apologies to Ricky Hatton).

John

Post Re re tactics. 
Round 10 of a 12 rounder, John. Yes we are all a bit punch-drunk after so long taking it on the chin but, unlike Ricky Hatton, we know we have already won the fight. Were it otherwise the serpents would not be hiding in the hole they have dug for themseves and refusing to have further truck with us. Such silence admits defeat and in effect puts them out of the argument. Tuesday's debate will perhaps not finish the fight but it will lift our profile, especially if the seprents' old and worn out refutations are trotted out again in the cold light of the 1968 wishes of HMQ. The serpents are a slippery lot, however, and you are right to warn of further rounds.

Post Who's telling porkies then !!!! 
Now come on guys. It is quite wrong of you all (knowing full well that certain people in the corridors of power read this web site) to promise to carry on this campaign if neccessary, until you "pop your clogs". You know that's not true so why say it?. Crying or Very sad

Face up to the truth and publish and be dammed. The truth will out !!

We will carry on, if neccessary, far beyond that.........we'll come back and haunt the b*****s. Twisted Evil

Kuching.
Post Whos telling porkies then! 
Twisted Evil

HAUNTING THE B********S - I'M ALL FOR THAT!

Post Re: Whos telling porkies then! 
GLOman wrote:
Twisted Evil

HAUNTING THE B********S - I'M ALL FOR THAT!

Have sent an owl to "Hogwarts" to ask the Bloody Baron if he and a few of the other ghosts will be available to help.
Now eagerly awaiting his reply!!!

David

Post HOGWARTS! 
Jodakist,

I had considered them for a 'Dementors Kiss', but concluded that since they don't appear to have a soul (let alone a conscience), it would be rather pointless activating the Dementors.

As 'civil serpents', they are most definitely SLYTHERINS!

Twisted Evil

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next