Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Armed forces face Brown's fury
Post Another HIDDEN Defence Cut 
I'm sure you have all heard of this proposed cut ::

The Red Arrow Display Team - who do far more than simply 'impress' people, are currently under threat of being disbanded.They are undoubtably wonderful ambassadors for our Armed Forces, wherever they go.

The Government disguises this proposed cut under the heading of Pollution Control. What they are actually choosing to ignore is the extremely relevant fact that the personnel, pilots and the aircraft are ALWAYS available and capable of deployment anywhere they are needed, so the money saved is a total false economy.

It could be said (although they will flatly deny it) that this is yet another sneaky slice out of the Defence Budget.

Whilst this subject may appear to be totally irrevalent to our cause, I would be most grateful to anyone who would consider signing the petition below ::

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveTheReds/

Thank you - Tony.[/b]

Have done it with pleasure. I grew up on RAF camps my father and mother both served during the war and my father re-enlisted again after the war so can appreciate the good work done by the Red Arrows and their predecessors the Black Arrows.

Post Save the Red Arrows 
Done it. I'm not sure if I'm a Guinpong or a Ponguin; had 5 years RAF 50-55 and Army (first 4 years posted
to RAF Odiham on GLO) from 63 - 80.

David

I signed about two hours after the petition was put up but still ended up way down the list

Current signatoriesNigel Thorpe, the Petition Creator, joined by:

[Edited to save space on this page. Names were listed ... suffice to say the Petition is approaching 100,000 signatures]

John Cooper

Post BRITISH DEFENCE IN CRISIS 
Evil or Very Mad I can imagine one transport unit not under threat - International Blairways,
formerly known as the Queen's Flight, Royal Air Force.

David

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: Another HIDDEN Defence Cut 
Kentsboro wrote:
The Red Arrow Display Team - who do far more than simply 'impress' people ....They are undoubtably wonderful ambassadors for our Armed Forces, wherever they go.

Go to http://www.modoracle.com/?page=http://www.modoracle.com/news/detail.h2f?id=14276&category=all&refresh=863DEF09-18F3-4C65-A89CF299385BE1AB

Barry

Last edited by BarryF on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Red Arrows 
YEP! I've signed up to support the Arrows participation in the 2012 Olympics
on the govt site. I've read the 'official govt reply' - do I believe that between now and then
they wont ban them for PC reasons? NO I DO NOT!
Evil or Very Mad

Just more from the BNP folks....http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page13392.asp

And for the skeptics, please note the statement from the Red Arrows themselves.

Post Re: Red Arrows Grounded for London Olympics 
GLOman wrote:
YEP! I've signed up to support the Arrows participation in the 2012 Olympics ...

Thanks, David,

Barry

PS Who is paying for the Olympics? We are. So have your say!

Last edited by BarryF on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post The Government's Response to the Petition 
To ensure a fair balance in our reporting, here is the Government's response to the Arrows Petition.

= = = = = = = = = =

Government Response, 27 September 2007, while petition was still open. The e-petition asking the Prime Minister to "to Allow the Red Arrows to Fly at the 2012 Olympics" is ongoing. This is a response in advance of the closing date from the Government.

This allegation is not true. The Government has not banned the Red Arrows from the London 2012 Olympic Games. The organising committee of London 2012 will decide what to include in the Opening Ceremony and other celebrations - but with almost five years to go, decisions are yet to be made on what these will look like.

And of course the Red Arrows played a memorable role in the celebrations for 2012, when they flew over Trafalgar Square to mark London winning the Games.

= = = = = = = = = =

Who said the Government has banned anything - yet? They should read the words before running to the spin doctors for some Elastoplast to cover their imagined wounds. Too hasty, methinks ... I wonder why?!?

Now ... so where did the story start, then? Our info is from "Source: MoD Oracle, dated Saturday, September 29, 2007", published two days after the so-called Government Response! And I have reason to believe the Oracle source is impeccable. (MoD Oracle do not refer to the Government banning anything, by the way).

Anyway, in my view No 10 is trying to deflect attention from the Petition to inhibit people from signing up ... just as the civil servants tried to mislead us in relation to the PJM! The Honours Secretary wrote to me in December 2006 telling me that there was some hope for our petitions for the reversal of the PJM decision ... yet he knew that the decision had already been made to trash our Petitions (including the one made to The Queen)!

So I've signed the Petition ... I simply do not trust anything I hear from a Government Department.

The Red Arrows have brought me and my family much pleasure over the years at Southport Air Shows.
Great bunch of men.
Phredd

PPS Is this off-topic? No ... this is another example of the attitude of HM'G', and the civil serpents who drive them, towards the Armed Forces. It's that attitude that is also displayed in their contemptuous attitude towards the PJM.
Barry, whilst I share the comments re the pjm, I feel it is 'out of hand' to accuse government of having said "NO" to the Red Arrows, for it is NOT the case, all arrangements for the Olympics are headed by the ex Tory MP Lord Coe, I am sure that were someone to take the trouble to ask him, he would confirm that if he wants the Red Arrows government wwould NOT deny him.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next