Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Armed forces face Brown's fury
Post Armed forces face Brown's fury 
See the following article in the telegraph today:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/07/nmod07.xml

Hamish

Post Re Military leaks 
It is laughable to listen to the MoD spokesperson (must be politically correct), who states that the leaks have a damaging effect on Britains Military Integrity.

Let's see now...terrible conditions...almost useless weapons and ammunition...poor leadership...badly paid...wounded soldiers just dumped on an A&E doorstep to fend for themselves...defence cuts compromising our military integrity... discontent at the appallling treatment of military personnel by the MoD...pay cuts...

I don't know what the views of my former military colleagues are, but I can easily guess. Forget the leaks...the dam has finally broken., only there are those in power who have drowned in the deluge, but have failed to see the flood, or the writing on the wall.

Tsun Zu, in his writings, in excess of three thousand years ago, stated that the best way to win a war, is not to fight it...likewise...never fight on two fronts.

Has the MoD never heard of the saying...divide and conquor...and that is exactly what has happened. We have been more than overstretched and the whole gubbins has finally broken down.

We can only watch helplessly from the sidelines of history and bemoan the fate of our currently serving colleagues.

To those Civil Serpents who use this forum as cult reading, and having a laugh at our expense...your chickens have finally come home to roost...the sad thing about it, is that you haven't the intelligence to see it.

Yours obedient servant

Arthur

Post Re: Military leaks. 
In the Daily Telegraph article quotedabove, I note with considerable concern, that after all the genuine concerns voiced and made public by the Forces, the most outrageous and frightening statement is revealed in these words:

"A senior MoD source said: "The leaking going on is severely damaging and there are people within the Treasury who now view the military as pro-Tory and that is going to have an impact on budgets. We all understand the frustration of those who leak documents to the press, but they ought to consider the consequences of their actions.""

Now if that is not a veiled threat, then I am unable to recognise one ! It threatens democracy in a quite frightening way. Tony D

Kentsboro wrote:
"A senior MoD source said: "The leaking going on is severely damaging and there are people within the Treasury who now view the military as pro-Tory and that is going to have an impact on budgets. We all understand the frustration of those who leak documents to the press, but they ought to consider the consequences of their actions.""

Now if that is not a veiled threat, then I am unable to recognise one ! It threatens democracy in a quite frightening way. Tony D

I agree, Tony. It exemplifies the horrific state of democracy in this country. Civil servants are saying ... if you do not say what we want you to say, believe what we want you to believe, then we shall destroy you.

It also highlights the view of this government of our Armed Forces - the Telegraph says the suits are 'jealous', would you believe!

It is not a great leap when comparing this situation with the PJM. I (I have to speak personally, although I know this has happened to all the F4 Team and others) have been told to shut up or suffer the consequences. Well, I'll 'suffer' the consequences, then I'll go for the throat. No threat ... a simple promise. I will not lie down and take this cr*p from unelected "petits beauroprats".

Barry
(in a personal capacity)

Barry wrote;
It is not a great leap when comparing this situation with the PJM. I (I have to speak personally, although I know this has happened to all the F4 Team and others) have been told to shut up or suffer the consequences. Well, I'll 'suffer' the consequences, then I'll go for the throat. No threat ... a simple promise. I will not lie down and take this cr*p from unelected "petits beauroprats".

Barry
(in a personal capacity)

.....And that goes for me too! (also in a personal capacity)

BarryF wrote:
Kentsboro wrote:

I agree, Tony. It exemplifies the horrific state of democracy in this country. Civil servants are saying ... if you do not say what we want you to say, believe what we want you to believe, then we shall destroy you.

It also highlights the view of this government of our Armed Forces - the Telegraph says the suits are 'jealous', would you believe!

Barry
(in a personal capacity)

Well I'm glad you have said that Blue Leader One, ever since Ian Keith told me so I have had the urge to gain retribution, my mood is the same. Evil or Very Mad

Post Bureauprats. 
Yes, that goes for me too. I will not be silenced by someone who has no power whatsoever over me and they can threaten all they like but it will make no difference. Dennis Brennan in an early letter chastised Paul for being 'discourteous' in letters he sent him (Brennan) and he said he did not have to answer letters which were rude - what was it Dennis rude or discourteous? and don't you think that all that taxpayers money you get entitles us to tell our Servants just what we think of them without them threatening us. If they wish to keep their status quo then it is high time they woke up and smelled the coffee. The people in this country are fast losing patience with those time wasters and money wasters in the Civil Service who cannot see, or do not want to see what is going on all around them.
They paid themselves a Christmas bonus costing the taxpayers over £l million and now to-day we read that they spend £15,00 per day on taxi fares with the MOD, as usual, refusing to supply figures on what they actually spend on this.

Post British defence in crisis 
Ah, such is rationalisation. The ability to convince oneself that a certain situation exist, when it clearly doesn't.

Clearly a job for straight jacket man.

Any takers?

Yours Aye

Arthur

WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE... THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS DOTHE SUITS AND GOVERNMENT THINK THEY ARE ABLE TO GAG EVERY BODY THAT DISAGREE WITH THE WAY THE MILITARY IS BEING DECIMATED BY THE TWO FACTION THAT OBVIOUSLY DO NOT SPEAK LET ALONE GET ALONG.. THE SUITS ADVISE ON POLICY THEY DO NOT MAKE THE DECISIONS TO A BUNCH OF MPS THAT HAVE THERE BACKS TO THE WALL, WE KNOW THAT WHEN THAT HAPPENS .... WATCH OUT!!!!!!! I HAVE NO TIME OR PATIENCE FOR THE LABOUR GOVERNMENT IN POWER OR FOR THE FACELESS AND CHINLESS CIVILSERVANTS. WHY? BECAUSE BETWEEN THEM OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS OR SO HAVE DESTROYED ALL THAT I VALUE AS AN ENGLISHMEN. THEY HAVE TAKEN THE GREAT OUT 0F GREAT BRITAIN, THEY HAVE SYSTEMATICALLY INTRODUCED STEALTH TAXES INTO MOST FACETS OF OUR LIVES AND NOT CONTENT WITH THAT NOW ARE CHOPPING UP THE DEFENCE OF OUR NATION. 2007 COULD WELL BE THE END FOR SO MANY THING THAT WE CHERISH. WHAT IS NEXT....... THE SOVEREIGN AND THE HOUSE OF LORDS????....... FIRST STEPS TO A REPUBLIC OR DICTATORSHIP!!

SORRY BUT I AM FUMING ROGER

If ever the time was right for a Military Coup it is now...of course we don't have enough troops left to carry it out..

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kentsboro wrote:
In the Daily Telegraph article quotedabove, I note with considerable concern, that after all the genuine concerns voiced and made public by the Forces, the most outrageous and frightening statement is revealed in these words:

Well said Tony. These miserable Barstewards had better remember this, try to destroy one of the finest military forces in the world and we will never forgive or forget. Senior bloody sources my eye. How can some of these sods sleep at night?

I'll stop now before I get really angry.

Kuching.
Post British Defence in Crisis 
They sleep very well at night, because they are on an over-inflated salary for doing very little.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Never has the time been more right in this country of ours (or what is left of it) for the Military to open the doors of Westminster Palace and chase out the rats that are infesting the place.

John
(personally AND professionaly speaking)

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next