Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Navy to cut its Fleet by half
Post Navy to cut its Fleet by half 
The following makes sad reading in the Telegraph today. Our Armed forces ability to defend our interests are being rapidily destroyed by the current Government in the UK partially because of an unecessary war in IRAQ. I do not barrack for any particular party but Blair needs to go before our armed forces ability to be a formidable fighting force is destroyed for ever.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/05/navy05.xml

From Royal Navy to Coastal Defence Force

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/01/05/dl0501.xml

Hamish

Ps perhaps the sailors without ships could make up the badly needed numbers in the ARMY

Post Navy to cut it's fleet by half 
They always have done Hamish. That was how my Grandfather was wounded on the Somme. He was a Chief Petty Officer gunner in the Royal Navy, he was also one of the Royal Naval Contingent that helped lift the seige of Mafekin.

The Royal Navy, have always supported the Army and Royal Air Force, as and when directed. We have always been inter-dependent and will continue to be.

Since putting that self serving half wit into power at number 10, we have had a rapid erosion of the British Military. My good freind in Afghanistan, reports that it is not so much a war that can be won, but more a case of survival.
In anyone's language, that is a total disaster.

Post Re: Navy to cut it's fleet by half 
[quote="Arthur R-S"]They always have done Hamish. That was how my Grandfather was wounded on the Somme.
AS OTHERS WILL CONFIRM,THERE IS A MEMORIAL ON THE SOMME,AT THE VILLAGE OF BEAUCOURT ,TO THE 63rd NAVAL DIVISION.THIS CAME ABOUT AS I UNDERSTAND BECAUSE THERE WERE MORE SAILORS THAN SHIPS,THEY DRESSED AS SOLDIERS IN KHAKI,BUT HAD NAVAL RANK BADGES,AND HAD BATTLION NAMES SUCH AS ,HOOD ,ANSON ETC.SOLDIERS ON THE SOMME ,JOKINGLY CONFIRMED THE CONDITIONS ON THE SOMME WITH THE MUD ,WATER ETC,IN THE ANCRE VALLEY,WERE SO BAD ,THEY HAD TO CALL IN THE NAVY Exclamation

Post NAVAL CUTS. 
OH DEAR OH DEAR,AIN'T IT SAD,TO SEE WHAT HAS HAPPENED ,SINCE OUR SERVICE DAYS,WHEN THE FAR EAST FLEET(WOTS THAT DAD Question ) HAD AROUND 75 SHIPS IN 'CONFRONTATION',4 CARRIERS IN LINE ASTERN,EAGLE ,VICTORIOUS,BULWARK,MELBOURNE,15+' BOATS ' ON THE TROT AT HMS DOLPHIN ,THE SUBMARINE BASE,OVER A XMAS .WHEN THE WHITE ENSIGN WAS IN ABUNDANCE WORLD WIDE,AND PASSING MERCHANTMEN DIPPED THE RED ENSIGN IN SALUTE AS WE PASSED ARHHHH. Shocked WAKE UP Exclamation WAKE UP Exclamation MISSUS JUST GAVE ME KICK,KIN'L THAT WAS A NICE DREAM,AARTONE AND CO,HAVE COME UP WITH A FANTASTIC NEW IDEA,TO KEEP G.P. PAY PACKETS UP,ON THE 9TO 5 ROUTINE,AND FLY IN LOCUMS,WE'LL SCRAP THE FLEET,AND HAVE ONE AMAZING WEAPON,FOR TRI SERVICE USE,THIS WILL TAKE THE FORM ,OF AN ARMOUR PLATED NUCLEAR SUB,WITH CATERPILLAR TRACKS,FOR AMPHIBIOUS USE,WITH A DOOR SO THE BOOTIES,CAN HOP OUT,FIT WINGS ON IT,AND ACCELERATE DOWN THE BEACH,ONCE AIRBORNE,IT CAN THEN DEPLOY ITS PRIMARY WEAPON SYSTEM,WHICH IS A GASH SHUTE, DOWN WHICH IS THROWN A LEAFLET IN 57 LANGUAGES, EXPLAINING HOW TO CLAIM BENEFITS,THIS WILL DRAW ALL NATIONS TOGETHER IN ONE FRIENDLY SOCIETY,ON TO ONE LAND MASS,(HERE Exclamation Exclamation )THIS WILL MEAN NO WEAPONS ARE NEEDED,AS WE WILL HAVE TO TAKE TURNS SLEEPING,THERE WILL BE NO ROOM TO FIRE ANYTHING,ALSO IT WILL SAVE THE PLANET,AS MOTORWAYS,RUNWAYS,DRYDOCKS AND HANGARS,WILL BE FULL OF FARTING FOREIGNERS,INSTEAD OF CARS,AND PLANES,THIS CRAFT WHICH HAS BEEN IN DESIGN STAGES SINCE 1997 ,WILL BE CREWED ENTIRELY BY ADMIRALS ,FIELD MARSHALLS,AND AIR MARSHALLS,MOSTLY GAY,EVERY COLOUR ,BAR WHITE,WITH A DISABILITY,SMOKING DOPE,HAVING FLOUTED THEIR ASBO,THE CAPTAIN OF THIS MAGNIFICENT CRAFT,WILL HAVE FINAL SAY ,AFTER CONSULTING THE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS COMMISSAR,ON THE FINAL COLOUR SCHEME,MY SPY IN THE BUILDING SHED ,HAS TRIED ,BUT FAILED ,TO FIND OUT,COS ITS ALL HID BY SMOKE AND MIRRORS,IT IS MASSIVELY OVER BUDGET,BUT IS NOW ON COURSE, TO SAVE A FORTUNE,YEP THEY TAKEN OUT THE NUCLEAR ENGINE,STRIPPED OFF THE ARMOUR PLATE,THE TRACKS ARE OBVIOUSLY OFF THE WAGON,FORGET THE WINGS,NO DOOR ,NO MORE BOOTIES,ALL THATS LEFT IS THE GASH SHUTE,ADMIRALS,FIELD MARSHALLS,AND AIR MARSHALL,AND FOREIGNERS SPEAKING 57 LANGUAGES CLAIMING BENEFITS.THIS IS CALLED DEFENCE,OR IN BRUSSELS 'ENLARGEMENT',I REALLY WAS ENJOYING THAT KIP Exclamation

Post Naval Cuts 
Oy, the overland submarine attack was my idea. All you did was re-engineer it a bit.
Still, Pete, It does have it's possibilities... maybe we ought to employ you as head of the Naval draughtsmen's deparment.

Yours chuffed

Arthur

A bit of trivia here to all ex-Navy lads.Did you know that Number 8's no longer exist.This is official.They are now called Number 4's.Another 50% cut

Rgds Ray

Post Re: Naval Cuts 
[quote="Arthur R-S"]Oy, the overland submarine attack was my idea. All you did was re-engineer it a bit.
Still, Pete, It does have it's possibilities... maybe we ought to employ you as head of the Naval draughtsmen's deparment.

Yours chuffed

Arthur[/quote]
YES ,BUT NO BUT,ITS A EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS,YOURS WASN'T ARMOUR PLATED,WITH TRACKS ,WINGS AND A DOOR FOR BOOTIES,SO I THINK IT JUST WOULDN'T HAVE GOT OFF THE GROUND,UNLIKE HMS/M ALLIANCE,ANOTHER DESIGN FIRST,I KEPT QUIET ABOUT.ALSO I MIGHT ADD YOUR DESIGN,WASN'T P.C. MINE HAD A GASH SHUTE FOR BENEFIT CLAIMS IN 57 LANGUAGES,WHICH IS GROUND BREAKING STUFF,THE LATEST VERSION ,IS NOW IN REFIT,HAVING A UPDATE OF CLAIM FORMS TO INCLUDE,ROMANIAN,AND BULGARIAN,YOURS I MIGHT ALSO ADD FIRED TORPEDOES,( VERY EXPENSIVE Exclamation ),WE COULD ILL AFFORD,MINE THE PAPER WORK GOES ROUND IN CIRCLES,TILL EVERYONE IS SWAMPED,AND THE INTAKES TO THE CONDENSER ARE BLOCKED,THEN WE BOARD ,THIS WEWILL DO WITH OUT THE AID OF THE DERBYSHIRE CHIEF PRICK,HE's SPEEDING EVERYWHERE IN A CHAFFEUR DRIVEN LIMO,TEARING UP PICTURES OF NAUGHTY BOYS.LATEST BUZZ FROM THE SKIPPERS STEWARD,IS NO ONE IS GOING TO BE PROMOTED OVER A 2 1/2 RINGER FOR FIVE YEARS, IN THE R.N.THIS IS TO AVOID, THE POTENTIAL OF THE SH*THOUSE DODGER ,HAVING AN ADMIRAL IN CHARGE OF HIM,ON THE SHIP ,I HAVE REPORTS THAT HMS VICTORY IS HAVING ITS BOTTOM CAULKED,LOTS OF GAY SAILORS ,HAVE HAD THIS REQUEST,REFUSED ON COSTS GROUNDS,BUT THE VICTORY AND HMS WARRIOR ,ARE TO RECOMMISSION,SPONSERED BY THE NATIONAL TRUST,THE CREW WILL CONSIST OF UNPAID , HAPPY CLAPPY DRUIDS ,AND WILL GO TO SEA ONCE A YEAR ON A SOLSTICE TO TRADE INSULTS WITH NON BELIEVERS, OFF COWES.MEANWHILE IN THE ERA OF THE LEAN FIGHTING MACHINE,WE HAVE BIFFO JAGWAR NOJOB,MONEY NO PROB,HE DID WANT TO GO TO THE ISLE OF MAN THIS YEAR,AND ENTER OLD TT AGAIN, BUT SHE SAID NO WAY,ON YER BIKE.AARTONE OH AARTONE,TO LATE FOR REMORSE AND SILENCE,OLD MADDAS WAS A TWAT, FOR SURE,BUT GUTSY,PITY IT LOOKED LIKE A LYNCHING,RATHER THAN A DISCIPLINED JUDICIAL JOB.WELL IT WON'T BE LONG B4 WE HAVE GURDAN THE TAXA, TO ENTERTAIN US,AARTONE,AND GIMME GIMME,WILL GET THEIR DUBYA MEDALS,AND MAYBE STRIPPED OF SAME,FOR CASH FOR DIS AN DAT HONOUR,COS LORD SMARY-BOUFONT,GOTTA COUGH YET.MEANWHILE WE ONCE BAND ,OF LOYAL WARRIORS HAVE BEEN PENALISED YET AGAIN THIS ON THE 66TH OF EMBERDECUARY,THEY HAVE STATED YOU CAN BE IN THE ARMY TILL YOUR 55 ,THERE CAN'T BE MANY OF US UNDER 60 LEFT, MIND YOU IT MIGHT HAPPEN,BUT JUST THINK WITH ALL THEM HEATING ALLOWANCES ADDED UP WE'D BE COSY IN WINTER.THIS ARTHUR IS YOUR FAULT,AND A LONG WAY FROM BOTH SUBMARINES,AND RAMPTON ,ARE THOSE COATS THOSE ONE SIZE FITS ALL THINGS,WITH THOSE TRENDY PUNK STRAPS Question

Post Royal Navy Cuts 
As an ex-Malayan RNVR Officer and a strong supporter of the RN from afar (Singapore), I was shocked and sad to read the headlines "Ships & Sailors for the Axe in Navy Cuts" (Weekly Telegraph Jan 10-16, 2007). What is happening and why almost half the Fleet is expected to be mothballed? During this period when modernization and expansion of the Navies (Japan, China and India included) are taking place, I wonder whether this is a right move by the UK Government. With this policy, the Britannnia that ruled the waves would become a shadow of what its was. Lord Nelson would turn in his resting place. It is still not to late to rethink the naval defence strategy - perhaps there is still hope.

Adrian Villanueva
Singapore

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1