Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Brylcream Boys
Post Brylcream Boys 
What can we expect from the boys at RAF Halton after reading this article in the Telegraph ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/31/ngay31.xml

They must be hard up to recruit in this way. Now we know what the Brylcream is for!

Hamish

Post Re: Brylcream Boys 
hamishw wrote:
What can we expect from the boys at RAF Halton after reading this article in the Telegraph ? They must be hard up to recruit in this way.

The Telegraph is making a serious point. Readers - please stick to facts on this sensitive issue.

Post British Defence in Crisis Brylcream to the rescue 
It would be wholly remiss of me, not to mention that a certain Greek Commander of mythological fame had a whole regiment of gay men. They faught tenaciously and loyally for his nibs... er, did I forget to mention his name... Alexander the Great, who was also gay.

Col T E Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia, was gay and he commanded the respect of all of the men under his command. However, he incurred the wrath of Military High Command, on many occasions.

We all have our own preferences in that respect. This issue is certainly a very sensitive one, but, one which should not influence any decision, by the recruiting penguins in the MoD from making up shortfalls in military manpower.

I worked alongside a gay Wren leading rating, when I was at the Royal Naval Air Station, Brawdy. She was a great mate, confiding in me that she had a preference for other women. It never became an issue between us, although I did tell her once that I must be a lesbian too, because I liked women as well. She thought that was hilarious.
That was the only time the subject was ever brought up. It was dropped instantly after that and never again referred to.

The one thing that does bother me however, is that if they are so sure of their sexuality, why do they have to wear it as a badge of pride. Heterosexuals do not go on about their own preferences, so why should gay people. It is clearly an issue for them, one of insecurity, and not for their own welfare or safety.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Re: British Defence in Crisis Brylcream to the rescue 
Arthur R-S wrote:
It would be wholly remiss of me, not to mention that a certain Greek Commander of mythological fame had a whole regiment of gay men. They faught tenaciously and loyally for his nibs... er, did I forget to mention his name... Alexander the Great, who was also gay.

Julius Caesar needed an army in North Africa and slept with a local King in order to get one. His campaign was then a success.

Wasn't his full name Gaius Julius Caesar?

Post Brylcream to the rescue 
You are absolutely right Barry, and I bet they never used Brylcream either.

Yours Aye

Arthur

I guess that by now you have heard that the RAF are having a recruiting drive to attract more gays into the mob, perhaps they could take a few tips from this Python sketch a few years back
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sb5pF0IF_DM

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1