Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Foreign Decorations System to be Reviewed!
Post Foreign Decorations System to be Reviewed! 
The Conservatives have put it in writing!

If it hasn't happened before they win power again, they will review the Forsign Decorations System which they see as confused and flawed.

That is more very good news for our fight ... it proves that our contentions are correct. The system is flawed and that is why this discredited PJM recommendation was allowed to happen! The suits have taken advantage of a dodgy system to issue a dodgy decision.

But you have now given them a wake-up call! Their days of manipulating the system are numbered.

And if, in the meantime, they come out with any more rubbish to try and camouflage their recommendation and to try and make it look plausible (no chance!), then they are on notice ... their words and deeds will be looked into very carefully indeed.

So more good news as we approach 2007 ... the 50th Anniversary of the Independence of Malaysia. An Independence and Freedom that you helped to protect.

Not only that, but you have won a significant victory for British citizens ... you have encouraged a fundamental review of a flawed an outdated system that discriminates against many ordinary men and women and a system that works in favour of the privileged few. We can all be proud about what we have achieved.

Last edited by BarryF on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Re: Foreign Decorations System to be Reviewed! 
BarryF wrote:

Is this connected with Michael Mates or is this a separate issue?

John Cooper wrote:
BarryF wrote:

Is this connected with Michael Mates or is this a separate issue?

Good point, John. I should have underlined that this is a completely new initiative and is on the back of, i.e. additional to, the two EDMs.

So it is of great significance. It is a major step forward.

Good news indeed, to carry us into the coming year.

Further...........

I have been informed of the following please read the lower part of the email for it to make any sense. It did not make any sense to me at first but over the Festive Season I saw a similar missive from the suits to Paul Alders which explained the REVIEW (this was not explained to me, what did Delboy calling Rodney? A Plonker wasn't it??) so I'm now up to speed Rolling Eyes

Mr A Collingwood
Cabinet Office

Dear Andrew

Thank you for your response, can you please explain to me what this email refers to and when? As I have not forwarded an email of 18th December 2006 to you personally, yes I have a query on FoIA 246946 that was addressed to Neena Thandesseri, are you replying on her behalf, if so could you kindly inform of that fact.

Could you also please confirm your position within the Cabinet Office and what you mean by an 'internal review' this means absolutely nothing to me and when is this 'review' likely to be finalised

Merry Christmas

John Cooper

MST@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk wrote:
Dear Mr Cooper,
Thank you for your email of 18 December. We are dealing with your inquiry by way of an Internal Review. We will not be engaging in any correspondence with you regarding this matter untill the review is complete.Kind Regards,
Andrew Collingwood
Cabinet Office

We are dealing with your inquiry by way of an Internal Review.

In order to avoid confusion, I should point out to readers that the Internal Review referred to above is about the suits invoking an Exemption under the Freedom of Information Act in order to try and stop John ahving access to what we think is some very simple info (simple it may not be if the suits are hiding the odd 'indiscretion' or two of theirs!).

The other Review (which this Topic promulgates) is a different one and is about a Review of the whole of the Foreign Decorations Rules by the Conservative Party.

Barry, were is this Conservative Party statement in writing?

It is at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1015

Last edited by BarryF on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

When you say "The Conservative Party" I take it you were meaning ministers in the "Shadow Cabinet" who are the voice of the Conservative Party are going to ask for a review of FCO medal wearing rules.

Yes, George, it was the Tory Shadow Team who promised the Reviews (if they had not been carried out earlier).

George F wrote:
If this be so, then this is good news. Unless some sort of Veterans Act is passed to prevent this PJM issue not happening all over again the next time some foreign counrtry offers UK veterans a foreign medal for services to their country.

I agree.

Barry

BarryF wrote:
If it hasn't happened before they win power again,

This decision should have been reversed months ago. Those suits have been wasting public money trying to defend the indefensible which is their own crappy work. At least we know that if they continue with their crappy work and refuse this camapign a fair result then one day we now know they will be defeated. I think they are defeated now and should hold up their hands and state that formal permission is no withheld anymore. That is the only just decision and any other decision is likely to attract a lot more aggressive campaigning. Dave.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1