Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
MOD Lies.
Post MOD Lies. 

So there we have it - misleading Parliament but not intentionally is no longer a lie even when it is not telling the truth.

Post Therapy Centre PJM 
Evil or Very Mad

This PS and PPS followed an invitation to a Veterans Organisation to lend their support to our campaign. It refers to the Veterans Agency website SECTION - Medals, Sub Section: new medals for past service. This lttle piece of MOD "information" has been getting up my nose for some time. Remember this is an Official site for VETERANS and not a vehicle for civil servants whingeing about criticism or repeating their warped interpretations of the rules!

PS. I attach a rather interesting page from the Veterans Agency Website, which is supposed to be an instrument of support for Veterans, but in the Section which deals with Medals, sub-section New Medals for Past Service, they (the civil servants) appear to be complaining regarding the amount of “correspondence received from disaffected individuals”. “In addition, in recent months there has been criticism in the National Press about claims that the MOD has refused to allow veterans to receive a campaign medal offered by the Malaysian Government for service between 1957 and 1967”. (WRONG – 31 December 1966)! “The people who……….write directly to their MPs and the MOD only know about these subjects (from)….newspapers or mention on television. The reality is often very different from the story presented in the media………The MOD is often unable to present its side of the story (largely due to the lack of liaison between the MOD, FCO, Honours and Decorations Committee each of whom have different interpretations of what is meant by “formal permission” to wear) and the insistence of the civil servants who continue to reel out the myths regarding Double Medalling, 5 Year Rule etc, none of which are relevant to the PJM.” Regulations are modified by the exclusion of relevant words thereby altering the conditions upon which the medal could be accepted for wear,
e.g., the words “awarded by the Crown” were omitted (perhaps accidentally?) not withstanding that the Medal was graciously awarded by the King of Malaysia which then precluded the medal from being worn – it had already been accepted.

PPS. The point we are making at the moment is that WE ARE A DISAFFECTED GROUP OF ABLE VETERANS, A CONTINUALLY GROWING ORGANISATION, with a great deal of Parliamentary and other support, indeed, world wide, and not a pathetic individual or group of ineffectual old darlings who can be fobbed off, which their statements would suggest! Our website is www.fight4thePJM.org

Since when has any member of this particular government, ever told the truth. Witness their valiant leader... he who still maintains that he has not misled this country regarding the weapons of mass destruction. We all know that he is lying, because we can see his lips moving.

So! What have we learned from all of this, that it is all right to lie and mislead?
Then it is no wonder that this country has gone to pot with an attitude like that.

I covered that aspect quite succinctly in my letter to Blair, outlining that the young of this country hold the Government up as the paragon of...virtue? But certainly as justification for their behaviour. After all, if it is OK for the Goverment, to lie and act irresponsibly, then it is ok for them.

I find it amusing, when the pundits say that this government have lost it. I maintain that they never had it to begin with.

When you create a moral panic, even when there isn't one, then that moral panic, becomes a reality. The holier than thou's in the government can stand up and say.. 'Well, we did predict it'. Yeah! Right!

Take Iraq and Afghanistan. Whilst I appreciate that the Taliban are not on active service here on the Norfolk /Suffolk border, I have yet to see any reason why we had to interfere in any of those countries. The US and GB PLC, created the problems in the first place, and left it to the common serviceman/woman to resolve, whilst at the same time, tying their hands and feet, by political restraints.

They have yet to learn the ' striking snake ' principle. It's quite simple really. If you poke a dangerous snake with your finger, then, chances are, you are going to get bitten. The trouble is, there is no such antivenin available for that type of bite.

It makes me laugh, that this government, will go into the next general election with incurable optimism. Oblivious to the fact that nobody has any faith in them now, and will certainly not have any faith in them in the future, by returning them for another term in office.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post DISAFFECTED 
DISAFFECTED,SURELY THEY DON'T MEAN US Question THIS IS EXACTLY THE THE STANCE WE SHOULD EXPECT,AFTER ALL ,THEIR REFUSAL TO REPLY TO LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS,IS AN ISSUE BROUGHT ON THEMSELVES,BY NOT BEING ON TOP OF THEIR BRIEF ,SOMTHING I READ ELSEWHERE Shocked .IF ONLY THE REASON FOR THE DISAFFECTION WAS ADDRESSED,BY FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY,SOMETHING I THOUGHT THIS GOV WAS KEEN TO PROMOTE,INSTEAD OF BEING A MASTER CLASS IN HOW TO BE AWKWARD SQUAD,MY THOUGHT TRAIN ,TELLS ME,THIS WEBSITE WOULDN'T EXIST,AND NO DISSAFFECTION WOULD BE APPARENT Exclamation THEN ON REMEMBRANCE PARADES,AND THE RECENTLY HIGHLIGHTED VETERANS DAY,WE COULD MARCH AND SHOW OUR DIVERSE BRITISHNESS,WITH OUR P.J.M. TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT WE,BRITISH SERVICE MEN & WOMEN, DID IN THE SERVICE OF OUR COUNTRY,WIN A UNDECLARED WAR,THAT COST MANY LIVES ON THE FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD ,IN DEFENCE OF A FLEDGLING MUSLIM DEMOCRACY Exclamation NOW WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING TO FLAG UP Wink HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING,OR SHOULD I FEEL GUILTY FOR BEING DISSAFFECTED Question COS SORRY SUITS ,MY THOUGHTS AIN'T WITH YOU,IT WAS ONLY A FEW WEEKS AGO,AFTER 43 YEARS I FOUND OUT 6 OF OUR SHIPS COMPANY ARE STILL OUT THERE . 'IN NO KNOWN GRAVES DENIED BY THE FORTUNE OF WAR THAT HONOUR IN DEATH'.SO INSTEAD OF 'KIN BLEEDING DO WHAT WHAT YOUR PAID FOR,AND REMEMBER THAT EVERY QUERY YOUR PISSED OFF ANSWERING ,HAS COME FROM PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Post Re: DISAFFECTED 
ro5=6372 wrote:
,THEIR REFUSAL TO REPLY TO LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS,IS AN ISSUE BROUGHT ON THEMSELVES,BY NOT BEING ON TOP OF THEIR BRIEF

It is because their position is indefencible.

We have proven it.

Over and over again.

Post Re: Therapy Centre PJM 
GLOman wrote:
“In addition, in recent months there has been criticism in the National Press about claims that the MOD has refused to allow veterans to receive a campaign medal offered by the Malaysian Government for service between 1957 and 1967”. (WRONG – 31 December 1966)!

Great lobbying, David!

You point out one error ... and perhaps there is another in the phrase "campaign medal". Nobody has ever referred to it as that before. The PJM has been referred to as many things, but never a "campaign medal". "Service", "Commemorative", "Commemorative Service" are just three examples.

But Campaign Medal has a very specific meaning in medallic terms and I'm very, very surprised that an MoD official web site uses the term inappropriately.

Err ... no I'm not. Some of those civil servants are amateurs in a professional world ... now, where have I heard that before ... and even when they are trying to justify their position, they get it wrong. Which is exactly what they did in the discredited Ministerial Statement.

Post MOD Lies 
Barry,

I wonder if Julian Clegg or Jo Palmer would be interested with the use of a public funded,i.e. taxpayer funded Veterans Agency site being used to perpetuate the myths of such as the like of those gentlemen featured in the Portsmouth? Telegraph on Wed. 24th Jan 07. Arthur R-S may find the picture interesting: the distance between the two, in terms of body language, indicating " Me! No I'm not with 'im gov, or perhaps the normal working distances perceived in Whitehall giving rise to anomolies such as the "formal permission to wear will not be given". On the other hand he is perhaps, understandably,camera shy!

Post Awkward - Who Me? 
So there you have it. We are awkward, troublesome people who have had the temerity to ask questions of Public Servants.

The fact that they have no legal right to impose restrictions on British Citizens is neither here nor there.
The fact that they expect us to obey their rules whilst they amend, alter and change said rules at every whim - there is nothing in their rules which says that 'permission to wear the PJM will not, however, formally be given'.
The fact that they can breach laws passed by our elected Parliament (FOI Act, 2000) means nothing to them.
And finally, the fact that they are Public Servants working at public expense and by a Code of Conduct allegedly meant to mean that they have been instructed how to conduct their working lives, means 'fanny Adams'.

And of course, we are the ones causing the trouble. We ask questions and complaint when we get double speak which never answers one thing; we are compelled to send them queries time and again to try and get a sensible answer which they are legally bound to comply with; and we are told we have no rights and no right of appeal.

Half of our elected Parliament, the Scottish Parliament Petitions Committee, thousands throughout the world, and just about everyone who hears what they have done with the PJM are against their petty and shameful decision not to allow British Citizens to wear the PJM. Words like fiasco, ludicrous, shameful, spiteful, are all used against those who have been responsible for this decision yet instead of agreeing they have made a big - huge!! mistake, they are presently seeking ways how to blame us.

Fine, try and blame us but don't expect us to lie down and accept it.

The classic transfer of guilt. They know they are guilty, but try to turn it around to make us look the villains of the piece. You can see it in any legal court room, every day of the week. What they do not seem to realise, is, that we are on to their little game...AND WILL NOT ACCEPT THEIR GUILT...SO, 'SUITS' DAMNED WELL DEAL WITH IT.

Yours, permanently innoculated against disaffection and civil service bullxxxx.

Arthur

DEAR ARTHUR,THANK 'S FOR THE THERAPY,I WAS WONDERING WHY I DIDN'T FEEL ONE OUNCE OF COMPASSION,I'VE THEORIZED,HYPOTHIZED,ANALYIZED,COMPUTERIZED,NOW I'VE REALIZED,YES I'M CURED ,I USE TO BE EMBARRASED BY MY LACK OF EMOTION FOR THE SUITS.NOW I KNOW THEY AIN'T FIT TO SHOVEL SH*T FROM ONE STABLE TO ANOTHER,EVEN THO THEY SPOUT LIKE A HORSES ASS Exclamation IS THERE A REMEDY FOR ALL THE CRAP THEY DISH OUT,OR IS IT A BIT LIKE PORTLAND,ALL GOT THE SAME GRANDAD.

I'm glad that the therapy worked and you are now cured.

Please find enclosed my bill for £2.3 Billlion, for your therapy, and make the cheque out to Arthur's retirement fund, or alternatively, The MoD Whitehall, refurbishment fund, whoever you feel is in the most need.

Ah! Thank you.

Arthur

DEAR ARTHUR,THANKS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR INVOICE COMPLETE WITH DISBURSEMENTS,I'M NOW IN SHOCK Exclamation I NEED A COMFY CHAIR TO SIT IN,ALL THE BEST ONE'S HAVE BEEN TAKEN,I WILL TRY TO GET THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO COUGH UP THE MONEY YOU NEED,HAVE YOU A SECRET E-MAIL ACCOUNT,I CAN PAY IT INTO? MY NURSE TELLS ME SHE HAS BEEN INVITED TO WORK FOR NO PAY ,I SAID ,NO WAY,TAKE YOUR QUE FROM BIFFO,HE COSTS £2.600,000.P.A.AND DOES COCK ALL EVERY DAY,SHE LET ME INTO A SECRET,YEP SHE TELLS ME RLIZ2 HAS CHANGED HER NAME TO HARPIC,YES GONE CLEAN ROUND THE BEND JUST LIKE THE ADVERT,WHEN EMPOROR AARTONE ,WITH FURSTLADEE GIMME GIMME PERMISSION ,RESIGNS, QUEEN HARPIC THE 1 ,WILL ASK BIFFO TO FORM A GOVERNMENT;THATS 'KIN CRAZY SEZ I ,YES SHE SAID ,BUT THATS POLITICS Exclamation .DO I GET A DISCOUNT IF I CAN PROVE THIS WAS CAUSED BY DRINKING 'PHOENIX LAGER' IN MAURITIUS.

Ony if you can prove beyond doubt, that you are capable of doing the dance of the flaming arseholes, same as the phoenix.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Arfur, Laundromat, how can this be, our self elected leaders lying to us the poor peasants wot was sent out to die all those years ago and refuse to lie down (unlike may of our colleagues who did - die and lie down!) Sad

Surely not? after all do they not know what is best for us - have they not told us many times? Confused the minor fact that many have not met ANY of us nor have any idea what we gladly went through (Ok maybe gladly is not the term for some) to help out, for which we asked no thanks, just got on with the job! Shocked

Surely now that somebody wishes to thank us for the small part we paid (at no cost to themselves, save justifying their existance) they will find the compash-ion to allow us to receive our just thanks and not to insult the very people who offer this thanks............DREAM ON SUCKA, get back in yer 'ole is not really very nice is it?! Mad

From a survivor of the Brightone - ancient marriner (rolls me rrrrrr's cos I's Kornish see)

They may be dead, Safewalrus, but we are sure not going to let them lie down defeated. They are still standing shoulder to shoulder with us and right glad we are to have them.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next