Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Promise of a PJM Review
Post The Promise of a PJM Review 
Before reading this letter from my MP to me, please note the following:

1. The PJM issue is not a political issue and our case has cross-party support as confirmed by the EDM signatures.

2. This letter represents a major breakthrough in so far as it confirms one political party's intention to review the discredited Foreign Decorations Rules and the PJM recommendation.

3. Because of the cross-party signatures on the two EDM's at

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=31979&SESSION=885 and
http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=31998&SESSION=885

which call for the PJM to receive formal permission to be worn by British citizens, we can now be assured that one day it will!

You have therefore accomplished the first breakthrough and have done so in the knowledge that your case has always been a just one.

4. I have Richard Benyon's explicit approval to promulgate this letter.

But we are not there yet. In the light of this considerable political will, it is incumbent on civil servants to sort this matter out now! Not when most of us have hung up our JG's forever.

It's time for the civil servants briefing the HD Committee to tell those eight gentlemen what is happening in the real world - and to ask the Committee to amend their recommendation. If the civil servants who control things do not react to the wishes of the nation and parliament, then very serious questions will one day be asked of them.

Thank you for your support - it is that support which has accomplished this breakthrough and so much else besides.

The Fight4thePJM Team

Post Re: The Promise of a PJM Review 
BarryF wrote:
But we are not there yet. In the light of this considerable political will, it is incumbent on civil servants to sort this matter out now! Not when most of us have hung up our JG's forever.

It's time for the civil servants briefing the HD Committee to tell those eight gentlemen what is happening in the real world - and to ask the Committee to amend their recommendation. If the civil servants who control things do not react to the wishes of the nation and parliament, then very serious questions will one day be asked of them.

How can the civil servants make their own case in the face of this incredible and mounting support from all sections of the community and from across the world?I am proud to be a supporter and to be part of this just cause. I know the fight is not over but we now see the light at the end of the barrel. Congratulations to the Fight4thePJM Team. Richard.

You have therefore accomplished the first breakthrough and have done so in the knowledge that your case has always been a just one.

We have cleared a very large hurdle here lads....there is nothing but positive news in this!

Quote:

Take careful note of this admonition...WE ARE NOT THERE YET!....we must maintain the pressure and force these egotistical, arrogant, self-serving drones to rescind their ludicrous and insulting decision...When an advantage presents itself...redouble your efforts!

This is very good news. I thought Mark Harper was not a supporter. Obviously he has read the facts from you and others, and not the myths from the civil servants.

I say congratulations to him for his integrity when being willing to review matters and being able to change his mind knowing that was the right thing to do. He is an example the civil servants should follow. Thank you Mark Harper and the Shadow Defence Team for supporting British veterans.

I appreciate this is not a political issue and it is excellent news that Don Touhig, Labour ex-Veterans Minsiter, was the first to lead the way this time round (Jeffery Donaldson, David Mundell and Mike Weir did the bus' last year and support Mr Touhig and the Rt Hon Michael Mates this time round). I also remember reading about the early support this year from the Rt Hon Michael Ancram QC who is a neighbour of Mark Harper's.

Well done everyone. It is comforting to think that our honourable medal has brought a sense of honour and democracy and justice into this world.

I say congratulations to him for his integrity when being willing to review matters and being able to change his mind knowing that was the right thing to do. He is an example the civil servants should follow. Thank you Mark Harper and the Shadow Defence Team for supporting British veterans.

I should have added that I voted Lib Dem last time. I just wanted to confirm that my remarks regarding the Conservative Party and others were not motivated by my own political views. Thanks, John.

Richard Benyon has worked tirelessly for this campaign. If you want to say thanks (and I know he's not looking for gratitude), his email addy is benyonr@parliament.uk.

Mark Harper's is harperm@parliament.uk.

Just a thought.

Thanks for your continued support, our Civil servants have misled all of us along the way, we are continually pushed from pillar to post. They have misled the Malaysian People.

Well I hope we have them over a barrel, I suppose that is why my name is COOPER!! Very Happy

It is surprising the number of MPs that have changed tack once they know the truth, well done to Mark Harper, Laura Moffat, Don Touhig and a host of other names that have done just that.

porky pies

Yes - it is very good news and results from the lobbying by every single one of the Fight4thePJM supporters. One day, when I have time (I am receiving many emails this morning - more tha usual - today it will top 150), I'm going to look into the Before and After letters. Not for a witch hunt - just to highlight what integrity can do ... it can overcome the power of civil servants. Don Touhig, Mark Harper, Michel Ancram et al have shown that the suits can be questionned and, if found wanting, their actions can be rectified.

Barry

PS "Porky Pies" - last time anyone said that in front of me was at the Malaysian High Commission when they were addressing the Malaysians! The speaker made a pig's ear of his address! The Malaysians took it in good heart ... I think.

Porky pies is Cockney and backstreet slang for lies.

Don't be telling me porky pies!" which, translated, means "Don't tell me lies!!"

George F

Que?

George, What I was saying was that the careless speaker at the MHC said to his audience words the effect of ... I am telling you the truth, "not porky pies"! An insignifcant faux pas but one I remebered when you referred to the porky pies the civil servants had employed when briefing Mark Harper and so many others.

Being a Londoner, I understood what "porky pie" means in rhyming slang.

Barry

I have sent this to William Hague so if you live in his constituency or even if you don't, give him a call

John

Dear William, please allow me to introduce myself, I am a Conservative District Councillor in the constituency of Michael Ancram and I am also the Vice Chairman of the Royal British Legion in Wiltshire.

I am writing to you to ask if you would be kind enough to lend your weight to the EDM's submitted by Don Touhig and Michael Mates on the subject of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia. You will see that the campaign to allow veterans to be allowed to wear this prestigious award is fast gathering pace and that the case put forward is a fair and in depth criticism of the original decision which has no merit. To date the Conservative signatories includes such notable members as Liam Fox, Mark Harper and Michael Ancram so you can see that even the most critical members when faced with the true evidence have changed their opinions. Don Touhig you will recall was in fact the Defence Minister responsible at the time of the initial rejection and it is he who is now leading the campaign to redress this wrong ably assisted by Michael Mates, himself a retired Lt. Colonel. The campaign has a website which is www.fight4thepjm.org where all the relevant information is at hand.

Should such a well respected member such as yourself sign these EDM's it would carry an enormous amount of weight to a campaign which is I am sure destined to succeed.

Regards

John

Councillor John R. Ireland
Member for Lickhill Ward, Calne.
N.W.D.C.
01249 811910
www.lickhillconservatives.org.uk

I have sent a few 'thank you' emails to our MP Supporters, none will go amiss. So if you guys have 10 minutes to spare please think of these people who have/are giving us their unstinted support as you are to your colleagues

Excellent news. It looks like the first signs of a cave in. I have emailed MH and RB the two MPs thanking them.
Roy

Barry.
Excellent news. It looks like the first signs of a cave in. I have emailed MH and RB the two MPs thanking them.
Roy

Thanks, Roy.

Barry

PS I think the Richard Benyon has temporarily, but only temporarily, distracted people from reading the Fort Brooke Story! It's a great read - and the images are simply brilliant.

Great news, I got a feeling that we,re almost there(thats the Welsh in me) but seriously this is what we all been waiting for the breakthrough!! Regards Rob

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next