Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Confession is good for the Soul!
Post Confession is good for the Soul! 
I have decided that after seeing our esteemed (yuk) leader, Teflon Tone, apologise to the world for the role that this nation played in the slave trade, I should offer my own apology for the part my family has played in that and other nefarious deeds over history!

I apologise for being the pure bloodied descendant of Vikings who raped and pillaged in such a spectacular fashion, I also apologise for them becoming Normans by conquest and then killing poor Harold who was innocently going about his business and obviously did not deserve it. I apologise for my forbears taking part in the Crusades, they were led astray by their peers (yes they were!). Scottish Barons, they were to become covenanters and upset poor King James who after all is said and done, was just doing his job. I apologise for those who owned and sailed their ships over the high seas out of Dundee and took part in the whaling trade.

They say confession is good for the soul………………….I don’t feel any bloody different!

John

What about the Romans, what did they ever do for us.
Bet you the Hi-Ti's won't say sorry for feeding my great great great etc etc etc granddad to the lions.

Post Confession is good for the soul 
Now here is a topic, a Roman Catholic Priest would excell at, and a psychiatrist would have a field day.

My Grandfather told me a tale of his Father, who was a missionary in darkest Africa.
Along with several other missionarys, they were captured by cannibals and thrown in the obligatory cooking pot, for supper.

As the junior chef was adding the other ingredients to flavour this excellent repast, my great grandfather kept getting smacked on the head with a very large stirring implement, while the head chef constantly shouted at my unfortunate forebear.

Totally vexed, my illustrious forebear, turned and asked the senior missionary what the devil he was shouting about.

The reply was curt...'Stop eating the bloody vegetables'.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, a bone from my great grandfather stuck in the throat of the chief of the tribe, who as luck would have it, choked to death.

So! I would like to apologise to that African tribe for my great grandfather causing the death of their beloved leader.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post An Employers Nightmare 
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 600 employees and has the following statistics?

29 have been accused of spouse abuse

7 have been arrested for fraud

19 have been accused of writing bad cheques

117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3 have done time for assault

71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21 are currently defendants in lawsuits

84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year

Which organisation is this?

It's the 635 members of the British House of Commons, the same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line!

Post Confession is good for the soul 
And that is only for what they have been found out...what about what they haven't.

Makes you proud to have served your country as an honest service person.

My Grandfather, always said, that politics was the last hiding place of a scoundrel.

Regards

John

Kuching.
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1