Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Give Them Hell
Post Give Them Hell 
I put a post on the ASAC Site about meeting a 1/7th Gurkhas vet from Malaya and feel very strongly about how the UK Govt is treating its veterans and the message it is sending to Malayasia.

This site is a great idea and you have my best wishes in giving these mean minded pratts as much hell as you can.

Sanity has to prevail.

Ian

Post The Gurkhas 
Ian,

We had the privilege of the 2/7th DoE serving with us in the Commonwealth Brigade in Malacca. I also spent some time with a group of scary Gurkhas when I was on my parachute course at Abingdon.

They get a rough deal from the Brit Government and so I support as much as I am able the Gurkha Welfare Trust - more info at http://www.gwt.org.uk/.

Why should they be denied yet again by the Brit Government? A wearable PJM would bring a Gurkha greater joy than any of the wearable trinkets the HD Committee get for their fulfilling their shadowy acts of sycophancy.

Thanks for your support.

Barry

Post Gurkhas win 'legal first' against Government 
See the following in the Daily Telegraph:

Gurkha veterans who have fought for Britain will be given the right to stay in this country following a "legal first" in which the High Court had to enforce its own ruling against the Government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/5055520/Gurkhas-win-legal-first-against-Government.html

The Government had to be forced to comply with the law.

Hamish

Yes and here's the rub....Quote....."THE high Court heard how many had died since September waiting for the case to be resolved."

I wonder how many PJMers have died over the past 4 years+ while waiting for our case to be resolved? In their memory we must let the Government and the Civil Serpents know that we too are determined to have OUR DAY.

Yes and here's the rub....Quote....."THE high Court heard how many had died since September waiting for the case to be resolved."

I wonder how many PJMers have died over the past 4 years+ while waiting for our case to be resolved? In their memory we must let the Government and the Civil Serpents know that we too are determined to have OUR DAY.

Amen to that, Mike.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1