Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
28th Commonwealth Infantry Brigade Reunion- Recruits Sought!
Post 28th Commonwealth Infantry Brigade Reunion- Recruits Sought! 
I am going to organise a 28th Commonwealth Brigade Reunion - a 'virtual' one occurring simultaneously in the UK, Australia and New Zealand - on an appropriate day when formal medal-wearing is sanctioned.

I am looking for 'recruits'. I hope to get some Aussies and Kiwis who support our campaign (i.e. those eligible for a wearable PJM) who served in the Brigade to join us (i.e. Brits and dual-nationality men who do not have formal permission).

The points I want to make are fundamental:

1. The PJM's scope is wider than any British medal and one clear example of that is ...

2. 28 Comwel Brigade (a SEATO force - Malaysia then was not part of SEATO) was only allowed to be garrisoned in Malaya if the force was first at the disposal of Malaysia in its defence. That was the agreement.

3. British Foreign Decorations rules specifically provide for such 'service' to warrant a wearable medal if one is offered by the 'host' country - Malaysia has offered the PJM to acknowledge that service.

4. Anyone who served in 28 Commonwealth Brigade on the Peninsula after 12th June 1965 are not entitled to a British medal - and so there is no substance in the HD Committee's/MoD's claim that double-medalling occurred.

As a result of the discriminatory recommendation that formal permission should be withheld I, and all other 28 Comwel Brits, will be the only ones on parade not wearing a PJM. Yet we all served in the same Commonwealth force specifically serving a Commonwealth country and many without any medal at all (I would be particularly interested to hear from those Brits and dual-nationality men who do not have a British GSM/CSM).

Having made the point that we have been discriminated against, we’ll make another … we’ll pin them on anyway! There is nothing to stop me doing that and I am not going to be coerced into not wearing it by snide inferences from the MoD or its HD Committee QUANGO that we are somehow conflicting with what the Queen wants. They are hiding their confusion behind her regal robes. That is an abuse of our Monarchy - not the wearing of a medal well-earned. Nobody has told me the Queen does not want me to wear my Malaysian PJM (my bet is that she does) and until they do, wear it I shall.

When? As soon as we know that the medals are arriving in the three countries we’ll arrange an appropriate date.

Anybody interested in joining us, please email me at barry@fight4thePJM.org.

Post Re: 28th Commonwealth Infantry Brigade Reunion- Recruits Sou 
BarryF wrote:
I am going to organise a 28th Commonwealth Brigade Reunion - a 'virtual' one occurring simultaneously in the UK, Australia and New Zealand

I am already receiving emails from volunteers! My thanks to them. And especially those from Oz - they have a wearable medal but still support our cause.

'virtual' - I have been asked to explain. Because of distance/countries etc, we will be 'on parade' together via the Internet at the given time.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1