Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
RISK AND RIGOUR?
Post RISK AND RIGOUR? 
I seem to recall that some time back there was something regarding a question of "risk and rigour" involved. Having read the latest Soldier Mag. i discover that a "bar" to the GSM/CSM is only authorised when "risk and rigour" has been assessed. It therefore follows, as i see it then, that as a bar was issued Malay Peninsular and Borneo, this subject should not have even arisen regarding the PJM. If i am correct, then it seems that the CLOWNS have scored another OWN GOAL. Comments please, and correct me if i am wrong. Dave.

Dave......let me first openly state that I do not profess to be a 'Medal Expert'....but my admittedly limited understanding is, that all clasps to the GSM 1962, (of which there are 13), have been subjected to a 'Risk and Rigour' evaluation.

In which case, I agree that the 'suits' have effectively 'shot themselves in the foot'....What else is new????

Post Risk and rigour 
I am somewhat mystified that, having now shot themselves several times in their respective reptilian feet, the suits are still capable of standing.
Boy! What I would I give to have shoes like that.

Yours Aye

Arthur

In which case, I agree that the 'suits' have effectively 'shot themselves in the foot'...

Or , peed in their wellies?

Post Re: RISK AND RIGOUR? 
Dave Woolmer wrote:
I seem to recall that some time back there was something regarding a question of "risk and rigour" involved.

You are right Dave. Some civil servants and MPs briefed by those civil servants did try it on. But eventually, when I asked whether the PJM no-wear recommendation reflected the fact that we hadn't spilled enough blood, the MoD wrote to say that Risk and Rigour was not relevant to the Commemorative PJM.

Barry

One thing that I would like to know, is, when the MP's have a had a field day with the Civil Service for misleading them. Just what form will their punishment take? Elevated to the House of Lords?

Yours Aye

Arthur

FRAID NOT ARTHUR,IN SPITE OF SUPERFICIAL APOLOGISTS SAYING WE MUST MAKE SURE IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN,NOWT'LL CHANGE, SO JUST LAY BACK AND HAVE ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE,ITS JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED Exclamation

Speaking of Doctors; I went to see my own yesterday. Following an all over physical, he stated that if I had been an animal, I would have to be put down. I promptly asked for a second opinion.

Prior to actually getting in to see him, I sat next to the skeleton, standing in the corner of the waiting room. After an hour's wait, in a full waiting room, I turned to the skeleton and asked if it had been waiting long. Needless to say, the assembled guests cracked up.

I got rushed through very quickly after that.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1