Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
MOD'S War on Many fronts
Post MOD'S War on Many fronts 
Following in the Guardian Newspaper:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1989393,00.html

Hamish

Post MoD says "there is no video tape" 
***WRONG***.

Todays "Australian" newspapr reports.....

Video 'shows friendly fire death'

* February 06, 2007

A CATALOGUE of errors was responsible for the "friendly fire" death of a British soldier in Iraq, it was reported today.

The Sun newspaper in Britain claims to have obtained a cockpit videotape recording showing the moment that a US jet launched two devastating attacks on a British armoured convoy, killing Lance Corporal of Horse Matty Hull.

In the recording, the pilot of the second American plane involved in the attacks says after their mistake is realised: "We're in jail dude", the paper reports. The other pilot then weeps, saying: "God dammit", it adds.

The Ministry of Defence initially told L/Cpl Hull's family the recording did not exist but it found its way into the hands of Oxford coroner Andrew Walker, who is hearing the inquest into the soldier's death.

The MoD refused to comment on the alleged contents of the videotape.

Last week Mr Walker adjourned the inquest in frustration at what he said was the MoD's failure to get the permission of the American authorities, who are said to own the tape, for him to show the recording.

The Sun claims six errors led to the attack near Basra in southern Iraq on March 28 2003. Four other British soldiers were injured.

These included that on several occasions the pilots either questioned or appeared to question the orange panels on top of the armoured vehicles which were being used to identify them as coalition, rather than Iraqi, forces.

However, the conclusion is reached that the orange panels are rocket launchers.

L/Cpl Hull, 25, from Windsor, Berkshire, died in the incident and four other members of the Household Cavalry Regiment were injured.

WELL THANK YOU AUSTRALIA Exclamation DOESN'T IT JUST SAY IT ALL,I TRY TO KEEP U.T.D. AND GET TO FIND THIS OUT,FROM A PJMer IN ANOTHER COUNTRY.MEANWHILE 3 YRS AFTER THE EVENT,THIS BRAVE SOLDIERS FAMILY,AIN'T GOT CLOSURE,BASTARDS.

When I did my Commanding Officers course in the Reserves, my course tutor, was the late great Commander Frank Trickey MBE.

He informed us that in the line of duty, one soldier in the thick of it, and thirty in the support role to keep him there, and 5000 Civil servants to screw it all up.

Things have never changed.

Yours Aye

Arthur

My nephew who was a Sgt in the Int Corp used to say when in Bosnia the two things they feared the most was the arrival of
Kate Addie (news reporter) and assitance from the American forces.
They new the could expect casualties.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1