Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Lest we forget............
Post Lest we forget............ 
This today was part of a joint statement made from the Deepcut Four parents after the Blake QC Inquiry

Our children signed to serve the country. It's time the country served them.

This applies to those who never returned from Malaya or who did so scarred from their injuries received

Post Re: Lest we forget............ 
John Cooper wrote:
This today was part of a joint statement made from the Deepcut Four parents after the Blake QC Inquiry

This applies to those who never returned from Malaya or who did so scarred from their injuries received

I'm with you on that, John.

Post Re: Lest we forget............ 
John Cooper wrote:

I also agree wholeheartedly. In 1957 I was on the Honour Guard at the funeral of a New Zealand Special Forces Corporal who died in the jungle, and resting next to him in Cheras Road Commonwealth Cemetery is a British Lieutenant who was shot dead in the jungle. We are fighting not only to be able to wear the PJM in their memory but also on their behalf as they cannot fight these Whitehall eejits themselves.

The following statement from Tony Blair was reported in the Daily Express online edition 2/8 in response to the deaths of three british servicemen recently killed in Afghanistan and one killed in Iraq:
"Mr Blair spoke in Los Angeles of British troops' great "bravery and sacrifice".
He said: "It brings home yet again the extraordinary courage and commitment of our armed forces who risk their lives and, in some cases, tragically lose them defending our country's security and that of the wider world. These are people of whom we should be very proud."

What a hypocrite in the extreme. He and his cronies should hang their heads in shame at the way they have denied Borneo/Malay veterans their right to "formally" wear the PJM like their commonweath colleagues as well as the lack of respect for those who were never to return home. I wonder if current serving service men and women will expect to be treated any better when they are veterans.

Tony Blair should do at least one honourable thing in the twilight of his leadership and that it to have the courage to have this mess cleared up once and for all and at least salvage a little bit of pride for his administration. At least history would record one decent thing on his resume'.

I appreciate your thoughts, the trouble is that with TB he does not know the whole story, it is the Civil servants that call the tune in this country, it is they who advise TB of the 'issues of the day' and I doubt if ever he is aware of the PJM issue.

Members of this forum write to Cabinet Ministers on a daily basis, we receive 'bog standard' replies from PPS/Senior Civil Servants, their workload is astonishing, we know this from the length of time they take in replying to us.

We will not yield an inch until this matter is resolved! Margaret Becketts Department is the only one that can sort this matter out, she is caravanning in France at the moment, so why not everyone write to her at The Foreign & Commonwealth Office or send her an E-mail, let us see how many more CS have to be employed in order that all replies are dealt with.

Having said that I wrote to The Right Honourable Ma'am 4 weeks ago and am still awaiting the trusty reply that probably is at the bottom of the in tray, no reply just means more correspondence from me............so keep at 'em! Shocked

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1