Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Defence Spensing Lowest since 1930's
Post Defence Spensing Lowest since 1930's 
Britain spends less of its wealth on defence than Bulgaria:

See the following article in the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=2SFNWBBUVLCM1QFIQMFCFFOAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2007/01/22/ndefence22.xml

Post Defence spending lowest since the 1930s 
I'm surprised, nay, mortified, that the honourable gentleman is miffed at the leaks, which are sapping moral in the British forces.

I should have thought that the honourable gentleman, as the Defence Secretary, would have realised, that drastic equipment shortages, and most of what they have, by way of equipment, doesn't work. Forget the leaks; the fact that they are not able to defend themselves properly, is a total crusher with regard to moral.

One lives in earnest hope, that the honourable gentleman, will extricate his head from his rear end, and actually see what is going on. But that may be too much to hope for.

I have envisaged a time when I take my great grandchildren to the Imperial War Museum, to see a stuffed and mounted, soldier, in full battle order.

Answering the inevitable question, 'What was a soldier, Great Grandad'?
'Ah'! I would reply. 'They were once the proud members of the greatest military machine in the world. Go anywhere, do anything that they were asked to do, with almost no equipment, and without complaining. Sadly, my little munchkins, like the Dodo, they are now extinct '.

' Why is that'? they would ask. ' So that umpteen thousand civil servants can sit on their useless backsides, on luxury chairs, in super offices, basically doing nothing and picking up over-inflated wage packets for their efforts'.

There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon. It's called the general election and I know which way you will all be voting.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1