Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
PJM medal Review Result
Extract from Hansard 17 Oct 2006 : Column 1179W

Malaysia
Ms Katy Clark: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if she will outline the latest situation regarding British veterans who have been awarded the Malaysian confrontation medal by the Malaysian Government; whether she expects British veterans will be allowed to wear the medal at commemorations and official events; and if she will make a statement on the status of the medal. [92671]

Margaret Beckett: The current situation on the Pingat Jasa Malaysia (PJM) is set out in the written ministerial statement made by my hon. Friend the then Minister of State for Trade, Investment and Foreign Affairs (Ian Pearson) on 31 January 2006, Official Report, columns 10-11WS.

Those seeking permission to wear the PJM, have made a number of points which will be considered by the Committee on the Grant of Honours, Decorations and Medals. I hope that the results will be known by the end of November.

'Jock' Fenton wrote:
I hope that the results will be known by the end of November.

That was six weeks ago. If the results were known then why are they keeping it a secret?

George F

George

The FCO were hoping to make an announcement by the end of November, there was never a promise, we know that January '07 is here and that the HDC/FCO still haven't made an announcement, can't hurry along old buffers matey...........tick tock.........

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1