Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
While they continue to ponder - a gentle reminder
Post While they continue to ponder - a gentle reminder 
It beggars belief that the HD Committee is struggling with this review - the case for the PJM to be worn by Brits is glaringly obvious to all right-minded people ... and even a few hundred MPs!

Anyway, herewith a letter I have sent by Recorded Delivery to all eight members of the HD Committee and to Denis Brennan (Cabinet Office), Ian Keith (MoD) and Tanya Collongridge (FCO).

I just wanted to remind them of some of the basics of our case.

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Brennan_HD_Committee_100107.pdf

The point is the idea that "the fighting or incident was a not vigourous enough" for MOD,HD, Home Officeet al to either allow acceptance and wear for the PJM'ers or for others, in the case of the police where there may be a good case for a recommendation. To help us to understand their position do you think that the suits could come up with some sort of table, not of course from any experience they might have had, illustrating what medals could be recommended or allowed to be worn having been recommended vis-a-vis the appropriate levels of violence!

I should have thought that over 14000 dead over the twelve year period, could be considered 'reasonably' violent. Then of course, it all depends on your point of view, whether you are the one killing, or being killed.

I for one, will go to my grave, knowing I never took a single life. That rests easy on my conscience. However, there are certain circumstances, that require a life to be taken. Malaya and Borneo just happened to one of them.

It was a 'war', pure and simple, and for the politically correct morons to call it anything but what it was, is sheer lunacy.

For a beaurocrat to sit in their well upholstered chair, calculating their expenditure for the next fiscal year, and hoping not to go over budget ( mind you, a £1000.00 chair seems a little excessive and over budget ) and have no idea, what is really going on. seems to me to be the epitome of crassness and stupidity.

That £2.3 billion, that was expended on the Whitehall face lift, would have done the military a power of good.

However, I digress. Further expenditure is being made writing exactly the same thing, and I mean word for word, regarding the rules and regulations governing the award and wear of the PJM.

I would like a competition to get underway, with regard to the cost to this nation, for a 'yes' decision. Just how much has this fiasco cost the taxpayer and what would be the final figure.

Answers on a postcard to RO5, along with a five pound note, cover charge, to keep him in the lifestyle that he is accustomed to.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Answers on a postcard to RO5, along with a five pound note, cover charge, to keep him in the lifestyle that he is accustomed to.

Yours Aye

Arthur[/quote]
ARTHUR,I NEED MORE THAN A FIVER Exclamation GLAD U CAN SAY ABOUT GOING TO YOUR GRAVE BIT,ME I'LL ADMIT TO HAVING TO SUFFERING FROM PTSD,BEEN BLOWN UP ,SET ON FIRE,AND HIT BY A BUCCANEER,ALL B4 20YRS OLD,HAD THE FLASHBACKS,GUILT AT SURVIVING,WHEN I LOOKED SHIPMATES IN THE EYE,SENT EM DOWN THE CATAPULT,AND THEN BANG DEAD IN SECONDS,AND FISH 11 POUNDS OF MEAT OUT OF OGGIN Exclamation I NOW I HAVE BEEN PART OF A CORPORATE KILLING MACHINE,AND HAVE SPENT YEARS TRYING TO COME TO TERMS ,WITH THE PAST,AND GOING TO CHURCH,AND TRYING TO LIVE A CHRISTIAN LIFE,T'AINT EASY,THATS PART OF WHY I REALLY DON'T GIVE A SH*T,AND WILL DO MY BIT ,EVEN ITS ONLY VIA THESE PAGES,TO PUT IN PERSPECTIVE,TO THOSE F'KIN TOSSAZ,UND VAANKAZZ,WOT THE BOTTOM LINE IS,FROM THE SAFETY OF ,A REFURBED OFFICE,WITH ITS £1000.00 CHAIR,NOT FOR MYSELF BUT ,FOR OPPO'S WHOSE GRAVE ,IS A NAVIGATIONAL FIX,OR ON A MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING IN SARAWAK,NO EXCUSES,NO APOLOGY,TO THE SUITS I SAY,YOU MAKE ME F'KIN SICK,YOU WILL GET YOURS,MAYBE NOT IN THIS LIFE,BUT JUDGED YOU WILL BE,THAT IS NOT MY PROMISE Exclamation

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1