Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
received in melbourne
Post received in melbourne 
have just received my pjm here in melbourne ,posted from high commision in canberra on 18 12 o6,but unlike the aussies our defence budget does not allow for engraving,suppose this is the suits work,now to keep plugging away untile we have permission from whoever is in charge of this sods opera to wear it ,mind you it will be on my jacket come anzac day and bugger the suits.wear it with pride.

Congratulations Will and wear it with pride! Very Happy

Post Re: received in melbourne 
willhastie wrote:
have just received my pjm here in melbourne ,posted from high commision in canberra on 18 12 o6

Congratulations, Will.

Which High Commission? Brit or Malaysian?

Also, did you send your application via NMBVA-UK or NMBVA-A?

This info may be of interest to others in Oz.

Thanks, Barry

Congratulations Will - from Townsville, North Queensland.

willhastie wrote:
have just received my pjm here in melbourne ,posted from high commision in canberra on 18 12 o6,but unlike the aussies our defence budget does not allow for engraving,suppose this is the suits work,now to keep plugging away untile we have permission from whoever is in charge of this sods opera to wear it ,mind you it will be on my jacket come anzac day and bugger the suits.wear it with pride.

Congratulations willhastie, that is great news and as BarryF said, other PJM'ers living in Oz are interested to know if you sent your application via NMBVA or to the Australian address in Queensland.
And can you please tell us if it came out of the blue, or did you receive a call from Canberra MHC to first check your address and to tell you the medal was was on its way.
I am an Adelaide resident and I sent my application to Fred Burden, NMBVA UK before the instruction came for Australian resident British Vets to send them to Queensland and I haven't heard anything since so in Nov I wrote to the LONDON MHC to enquire if my application had been received but to date I haven't receieved a reply from them so now I am in a sate of limbo.....as I am sure, are others, so your answers to these question would be of great interest to many Oz based British Vets.

KenN0898 wrote:
Snip 8<............ I sent my application to Fred Burden, NMBVA UK before the instruction came for Australian resident British Vets to send them to Queensland and I haven't heard anything since so in Nov I wrote to the LONDON MHC to enquire if my application had been received but to date I haven't receieved a reply from them so now I am in a sate of limbo.....as I am sure, are others, so your answers to these question would be of great interest to many Oz based British Vets.

Snap!

Post Distribution of PJMs in Oz 
Dick Morton of the British High Commission in Canberra advised me today that he only distributes PJMs received from MHC Canberra if the application has been verified by Adrian Rogers in Queenland. He has distributed 200 PJMs and is awaiting further stock from MHC. Timeframe of applications being dealt with by MHC London is not known. Dick Morton's phone number is02 6270 6659 , email Dick.Morton@fco.gov.uk

Hamish

sorry all ive been worked stupid getting ready for the oz open.i sent the application form off to adrian rodgers in qld march 31.the medal was from the british high comm canberra,the guys name was dick morton,have to say the presentation box was a tad better than my gsm,the malaysians put a lot of thought into it,my better half is from port swettenham and even she who wouldent know a medal from a wok was impressed,so hang in there lads and lasses there is movement,oh yes,there was no prior phone call from the british hi comm,it just came outta the blue,and yes i will wear it,bugger whitehall.35c today

Post Re: Distribution of PJMs in Oz 
hamishw wrote:
Dick Morton of the British High Commission in Canberra advised me today that he only distributes PJMs received from MHC Canberra if the application has been verified by Adrian Rogers in Queenland. He has distributed 200 PJMs and is awaiting further stock from MHC. Timeframe of applications being dealt with by MHC London is not known. Dick Morton's phone number is02 6270 6659 , email Dick.Morton@fco.gov.uk

Hamish

So now those like me who sent our applications to Fred at NMBVA UK need to know if he forwarded them on to MOD for verufication or did he send them to Adrain in Queensland.

If you live in Australia and have already submitted an application via Fred Burden in the UK Adrian Rogers in Qld does not want to receive an application since this could lead to double medalling.

Hamish

Hamish is right, we can't have double medalling it would cause confusion to the "suits"

I live in Australia and have recently received my PJM from the LHC in LOndon. Like several other recipients I plan to buy a replica from http://www.heritagemedals.com.au/index.php to mount with my other medals, and to preserve the original medal it in its mint condition I will keep it in the presentation case that it came in.

However, the medal does not come engraved with the recipient's details so I was wondering if any PJMers have had their medal engraved.

What are your thoughts on this Question Question Question, I would appreciate any advise.

Cheers, Ken.

I live in Australia and have recently received my PJM from the LHC in London. Like several other recipients I plan to buy a replica from http://www.heritagemedals.com.au/index.php to mount with my other medals. And to preserve the original medal it in its mint condition I will keep it in the presentation case that it came in.

However, the medal does not come engraved with the recipient's details so I was wondering if any PJMers have had their medal engraved.

What are your thoughts on this Question Question Question, I would appreciate any advise.

Cheers, Ken.

KenN0898 wrote:
I live in Australia and have recently received my PJM from the LHC in London. Like several other recipients I plan to buy a replica from http://www.heritagemedals.com.au/index.php to mount with my other medals.

To preserve the original medal it in its mint condition I will keep it in the presentation case that it came in.

Cheers, Ken.

I live in Australia and have recently received my PJM from the LHC in London, and to preserve the medal in its mint condition I intend to keep it in the presentation case that it came in and like several other recipients I plan to buy a replica PJM from http://www.heritagemedals.com.au/index.php to mount with my other medals.

However, the original medal does not come engraved with the recipient's details so I was wondering if any PJMers have had their medal engraved.

Cheers, Ken.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next