Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Postal Presentation.
Ken,

to my knowledge The association address were yourself and other veterans sent their PJM application forms at the outset is not responsible for distribution of medals. (NMBVA is only one of many associations accepting forms see here): http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/medals/pingat.html

All forms end up in Richard Coney's MOD office in Whitehall. After the MOD clear the forms they are then sent to the Malaysian High Commission in London who is responsible for all distribution.

The MHC in LONDON is responsible for distributing medals by post to all UK and all other ex UK pat recipients who live in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South africa, Spain, Ireland, USA, etc etc:

Ken you are one of many UK Veterans and ex UK pat veterans still waiting for their PJM medal. The fact that Andy and a few other veterans living in the UK have received their PJM medals by post, is exellent news.
Now we know at least some movement (other than organised presentations) is taking place by post.

However, in saying that many Australian national veterans are still waiting for their PJM medals to be delivered by post from their own Australian MOD. The Aussie government accepted the PJM over one year before the British Government. Regards yourself and other vets waiting for their medal patience is a virtue. In the mean time here on this forum we carry on fighting for veterans right to wear the PJM officially in the UK.

George F

George,

It would appear that you have misunderstood me……in no way am I complaining about the time it is taking for the PJM to find its way to all those who are entitled to it…………….and neither do I expect the NMBVA association to undertake the task of its distribution…….it is very good of Fred to take on the enormous task of collecting the applications for forwarding to MOD…….not many would have taken on that task and I am sure that all veterans are grateful to him.

However, my posting was about the fact that as an Australian based BRITISH veteran I had sent my application to Fred Burden before we were advised that all applications from such veterans were to be sent to Adrian Rogers in Queensland……that has left me wondering if my application has been redirected back to Adrian or alternatively, has it been passed on to MOD?.

It is my understanding that Australian based BRITISH vets will have their medal issued from the Malaysian Embassy in Australia, but before that can happen, all applications have to be collected by Adrian who will forward them to the British MOD for verification. From there, the applications will be forwarded to the Malaysian authorities who will arrange for the issue of the medal.

Perhaps I should not have directed my post towards you because it was simply a follow on from your posting on that thread re. medals being forwarded by post. My post was really intended for anybody who could respond to my concern,...... I am sure there are many other Australian based British veterans who are interested in the concern that I have raised.

Of course, if the HD committee had not handed down such an appalling discission re the acceptance of the medal when it was first offered, all this confusion wouldn’t have happened and probably we would all have our PJM medal by now so I suppose I can blame the HD committee for this as well.

Cheers, Ken

I HAVE IT ON AUTHORITY,THAT AS A LEADER OF MEN ,ALBEIT ONLY 40 STOKERS THAT I WAS A TWAT Exclamation BUT A CONSISTANT ONE Exclamation ,BARRY TELL 'IM OFF FOR 'SHOUTING',LIKE WOT U DUN ME OPPO Exclamation YOU KNOW I NEED GLASSES,THEREFORE AS A SICKBAY RANGER, I'M EXCUSED SA!

George F wrote:
PINGAT JASA MALAYSIA MEDAL UPDATE 30/10/06 http://www.nmbva.co.uk/

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE APPLIED FROM AUSTRALIA THE MEDALS WILL BE ISSUED FROM THE HIGH COMMISSION OF MALAYSIA IN CANBERRA.

Thanks for that info George..........I received the same update from Fred yesterday. So it looks like things are happening and we we should get our medals eventually........but it is as you have said......we must be patient.
However, it would have been nice to have it for Remembrance Day ...... but perhaps we 'aussies' will receive it in time for Anzac Day.
Cheers,
Ken

Post Postal Presentation 
Just had the call "out of the blue" from the MHC.

Medal being posted tomorrow Very Happy

Chuffed to bits whilst still feel for those who are still waiting.

Things are clearly moving though.

Kuching.
Post Re: Postal Presentation 
Semengo13 wrote:

Great stuff John, pleased for you, let us hope that everyone will soon get their little packages soon and that all of us get our BIG Present soon from HMG

Post Re: Postal Presentation 
Semengo13 wrote:

John, We understand what you are saying about those still waiting, but we're delighted to hear that yours is on its way!

Semengo 13 wrote;
Medal being posted tomorrow

I'm happy for you too John.....Congrats!

Post Postal Presentation 
Thankfully the MHC has used it's CDF and made alternative provisions for the distribution of the PJM, unlike one country I could mention.

The day I left the Royal Navy, I commenced my leaving routine, the usual thing, Sickbay, loan clothing store, dentist, return bedding, etc. and last on the list, the pay office. I was asked to sign a seperate piece of paper acknowledging that fact that I had received my GSM.

What GSM was this then I asked? The one you received was the reply. I haven't received anything, I explained. Oh says they. You should have received it by now, as it's on your records as having been awarded. Hmmmm!

I received it by post two years later, never having worn it as a regular RN bod.
Makes you wonder whether we were fighting for the right side, doesn't it.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Thanks for that PJMers. As has been said, the BIG present still to come.

AND COME IT WILL.

That reminds me. Great to see you back RO5 aka Pete.

Zap finger at the high port and ready whenever called.

John R

Kuching.
Just had a call from MHC, my PJM will be posted within 28 days ! could be sooner. I asked why it is taking at least 28 days to post. MHC said they are inundated with postal requests. Apparently they are only posting 40 a day. My application went in via the NMBVA in February 2006 .Once received i will wear it with pride along with my GSM.

Jimbo
Ex RN

Well done matey

John

I wonder if its worth my phoning the MHC yet again referance my PJM also applied for in May 2006?

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2