Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
One Off SPECIAL Competition - Have-A-Go
I think the Bugler Comp was one of our most successful competitions.

Launched on 11th November to reinforce 'remembering, it attracted a lot of interest and resulted in some wonderful news for one winner making the competition particularly worthwhile.

We'll announce dates as soon as we have sorted out Westminster Abbey ... we are not sure if we can place a wreath inside. We also have to finalise the two locations in Malaysia.

Congratulations to everyone involved.

Congratulations to all three winners and what a splendid gesture to the fallen

Lest we forget...............

Post A Moving Competition 
I have never seen a competition like the Bugler Competition before and I think it is a wonderful and moving idea which has actually reunited a family with a British soldier killed in action.

Please pass on my congratulations to the winners but also to the Fight4thePJM people who thought of it.

Also, count me in on any campaign. I am very happy to fight again beside people like you who are running and supporting the Fight4thePJM.

Peter (ex-Malaya-Borneo)

Welcome to the forum, your words are very thoughtful, thanks for posting them
Smile

Let me add my welcome to the Forum and to the Fight4 Peter...we welcome the addition to our ranks, of another veteran who has decided not to quietly accept injustice...

This is something else! It make me very proud to be part of this Fight4thePJM in my own small way. Richard.

Many thanks to the PJM committee for this innovative competition and for those taking part. It does reflect on the quality and integrity of those supporting the campaign and I am proud to be one of them. Being fortunate to be selected as a winner has made me ask myself why I have never taken the opportunity to visit the war cemetries in Europe. This I will rectify on my next trip to the UK. I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this from those who do it regularly.

Many thanks to the PJM committee for this innovative competition and for those taking part. It does reflect on the quality and integrity of those supporting the campaign and I am proud to be one of them. Being fortunate to be selected as a winner has made me ask myself why I have never taken the opportunity to visit the war cemetries in Europe. This I will rectify on my next trip to the UK. I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this from those who do it regularly.

Ivor, There are many professional guides, but if ever you are over and would like to have a look round the key areas, let me know and it will be a pleasure to 'do the honours'. I go often in connection with my WW1 and WW2 research.

As far as the Remembrance Day "Bugler" Comp is concerned, I think it has been an astonishing success.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Barry

[Here is a piccie of somebody 'doing their bit' for the RBL Poppy Appeal.

Tell us something interesting about this image ... anything at all. Tell us what you see - or what is missing (Hint 1: The bugler is a British citizen).]

And the answer / answers was / were?

Here is a piccie of somebody 'doing their bit' for the RBL Poppy Appeal.

Tell us something interesting about this image ... anything at all. Tell us what you see - or what is missing (Hint 1: The bugler is a British citizen).

And the answer / answers was / were?

He wasn't wearing a PJM, was he now! Cos he's a Brit, isn't he (as in Hint 1). Nor a titfer, azzit 'appens. But what caught our eye was that he was a Brit PJMer doing his bit to encourage 'remembering', but unable to wear his medal.

But for the Remembrance Day "Bugler" Competition there was no right or wrong answer - no judgements were made. Every entry was placed in a 'hat' and allocated a number in the order in which they were received (there were 115 entries). We asked Jock to select three numbers 'blind' between 1 and 115 - they were 38, 64 and 100. As always with our competitions, the submissions are visible only to 'admin' in the UK and Jock is based in Canada.

We did receive some hilarious answers and I'll publish them as soon as time permits.

Thank you for prompting this explanation.

Barry

Post Discovery of Hughie Gilmour's grave. 
I was extremely moved when I learnt that uncle Hughie actually has a resting place. His parents lived to a good age and to the last were haunted by the belief that their son was lying somewhere undiscovered. It may be that this was the case for some time, I know my dad had a job to get his name included on the local War Memorial, presumably because he was simply listed as Missing In Action. Hughie was a late child, his siblings being considerably older. The last of them moved to Canada some thirty five years ago and died there, so I am almost certainly the last of those who actually knew him. I shall, however, search through my father's papers again in the hope of finding a Canadian address. There might be someone of a later generation I can inform. Hughie came to say goodbye to my mum and myself at the end of his embarkation leave. I was only six at the time but remember it well. He was a very shy and gentle person and somehow he just did not look right dressed as a soldier.
My thanks to Jock Fenton and the researchers who have done such a fantastic job. Also thanks for the kind offer of a second wreath to be laid in memory of my great uncle, Herbert Chantler, killed in WW1. I and the remaining family members of my generation are truly grateful.

MB.

Mike.....On behalf af all concerned let me say that we are grateful for your appreciation....for my own part though, no thanks are required, nor are they deserved...my own participation was in a minor capacity....it's an interesting insight into the camaraderie which persists unto this day among those of us who Fight4thePJM.....the process of investigation involved the work of an entire family in England, + that of 3 PJM'mers... in England, in Canada, and in Australia...plus the voluntary assistance of a family in Holland.

We are all glad that it turned out the way it did for you Mike...if there is any way in which I might facilitate your Canadian search...you have my email addy!

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2