Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Is it too late for this country?
Post Soldiers sharing uniforms....? 
Here's another example of the planning efficiency demonstrated by the MoD....THE MIND BOGGLES!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/061218/koddities/scottish_kilt_shortage

Post So much for the Queen's Xmas Speech 
Hamish pointed us at a Daily Telegraph article, an excerpt from which states:

Col Collins (a former commanding officer of the Royal Irish Regiment who fought in the 2003 Iraq war) added: "In the British Army, the leadership is poor and continues to be poor. There has been a selfishness at the top, while jealous civil servants have eroded the conditions of troops serving in the Army.

"Payment for being away from home for long periods has become intolerable. The Ministry of Defence, famously, could not give a toss about servicemen."

He added that the contempt British servicemen reserved for their political masters was illustrated by their reaction to a Christmas message from Des Browne, the Defence Secretary, who thanked servicemen and women for their hard work and support in what had been a "busy and challenging year".

Now read the article at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/28/nozarmy28.xml

Post Re: Is it too late for this country? 
dusty miller wrote:
Have you sent the link to Des Browne?

Do you know if he can read?

Post Blair Accused of neglecting Troops 
Whilst Blair enjoys a holiday in Miami with his showbiz friends spare a thought for our troops in Iraq. The following appeared in the Telegraph today:

Blair accused of neglecting troops
By Neil Tweedie
Last Updated: 1:18am GMT 28/12/2006

The commander of British forces in southern Iraq accused the Government yesterday of neglecting the welfare of servicemen and women while expecting them to risk their lives in combat zones.

Maj Gen Richard Shirreff

In the latest attack by serving or recently-retired officers, Maj Gen Richard Shirreff said the British mission in Iraq would at best achieve only "60 per cent" success.

His comments echoed those of Gen Sir Richard Dannatt, the Chief of the General Staff, who has called for withdrawal from Iraq as soon as possible.

Gen Shirreff said the covenant binding the British people to its Army was "seriously out of kilter". He told the BBC: "The nation needs to understand that the quality work done by these courageous men and women only happens and can only continue if our soldiers, are properly supported back home in terms of support for training, infrastructure, barracks, accommodation.

"Many of these issues are the result of a generation of under-funding and relative neglect in political terms.

"I don't blame any particular party or government — this is a general issue."

His comments contradict Tony Blair's claims that the troops would be given "whatever was necessary" to succeed in Afghanistan and Iraq.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said it "had long recognised the importance of investing properly in our Armed Forces, both on the front line and at home.

"And that is why the defence budget has steadily risen — by an extra £3.7 billion over the last three financial years. We are constantly investing in new equipment, medical care and accommodation."

Post Not enough troops for training exercises 
See the following article in the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/29/wafghan229.xml

Post British Defence in Crisis 
I'm just waiting for my letter, recalling me into the military.

Think about it. We veterans have the knowledge, experience, the guile and cunning, to continue as servicemen and women.

Too bad we haven't got the strength to lift up and don our webbing and bergan rucksacks, let alone carry weapons and equipment.

Still, look on the bright side, we are now independently wealthy, so the MoD wouldn't have to pay us. They will save a fortune.

Apart from the odd bit of pillaging and plundering on our behalf, the MoD will never recoup that fiscal black hole of 1billion pounds sterling, or should that be Europrats.

I've searched in vain the New years Honours list and no award... but I have something a great deal better than their little pieces of shiny metal... I'm getting a PJM.. I hope and pray that those other members, won't have to wait too long.

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3