Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Veterans badge
Post Veterans badge 
Slightly off message chaps but have some interesting news.

I joined up on 12/1/60 and therefore just missed the latest extension for receiving the Veterans Badge.

Whilst in York this morning, I spied a Veterans Agency caravan and display.

"When are they extending further the qualifying dates beyond 1959, for receiving the badge, I asked?"

"It is now up to 1966", was the reply,"fill in this form and I will give you the badge now".

Being an honest type, I said "the Agency website still says 1959, when did this happen?".

"About two weeks ago" was the reply.

I have just checked the Agency site and it remains as follows,

Extensions to the criteria

It is the aim, eventually, to include all those who Served in HM Armed Forces, however the demand for the badge continues to be high. There will be further extensions to the scheme on a chronological basis when the current demand has been fulfilled.

Once it is known when the eligibility is to be extended for those whose Service began after 31 December 1959, details will be posted on this website.

Unfortunately, we cannot accept requests for badges at this time from people whose Service began
after 31 December 1959.

If he has made a mistake I hope the man doen't get into trouble, he was a really nice guy but nevertheless, I now have my Veterans Badge !!!

Thanks for that info, I too miss out by a couple of weeks. I did know that they do intend to extend the time period so your info could be correct.

There is now a new extention to the limit - 1969 now

The Veterans Badge extension started, I think, on or about 8th November. It has been extended to 31/12/1969. The MOD web site was changed a couple of days later.
I joined the RN on 3rd September 1962 (Ganges boy).
I applied for my badge by phone on Monday 13th November and was told it could take up to 4 weeks because of the demand. It arrived in 5 days on Friday 17th November. Thats what I call good service.
If you are eligable then phone free on 0800 169 2277 (UK only) or 0800 169 3458 (Minicom UK only) or +44 1253 866043 (Overseas)

David Pearce Ex Royal Navy

Yes I have just received mine and I joined up in Feb 1963. I am informed that they hope to be able to cover the Falklands veterans on the date of the 25 anniversary next year.

John

Received mine 5 days (15 Nov) after faxing an amended form to them - now in pride of place with the pjm badge Smile

David Pierce - Hi, I also am ex TROG, April 62, 49 Recruitment, G23 Mess LCW.

Being ex Merchant Navy (Ellerman Lines) I would like to inform any of our member who are also former MN , which if they are not already aware, that the Merchant Navy as it's own vets badge. (It's the military vet badge, but larger on a Red Duster back ground ) To prevent false applications, documention of ship /s served on , plus photo copies of your discharge book must be provided. Should anyone wish for further infomation please PM me.

Roy

The Veterans Badge extension started, I think, on or about 8th November. It has been extended to 31/12/1969. The MOD web site was changed a couple of days later.
I joined the RN on 3rd September 1962 (Ganges boy).
I applied for my badge by phone on Monday 13th November and was told it could take up to 4 weeks because of the demand. It arrived in 5 days on Friday 17th November. Thats what I call good service.
If you are eligable then phone free on 0800 169 2277 (UK only) or 0800 169 3458 (Minicom UK only) or +44 1253 866043 (Overseas)

David Pearce Ex Royal Navy
Thanks for the info Dave, I followed your instructions and a very pleasant young lady told me I could expect mine in a few days. I joined 13th November 1962 (Raleigh boy) and I'm going to wear mine with a great deal of pride!!! Regards, Dave.

Ref th MN vets badge . From the enclosed (para three) you will see that the dates to
qualify for the awarded, is up to the 31st December 1959. Then it goes on to say . It is intended to extend the eligibility who served after the 31st Dec 1959 at the earliest opportunity. Hope this helps.
Roy[img][/img]

Post Veterans Badge. 
I phoned my details in from the USA on the 8th of November, as soon as I was aware of the new dates.

I am very PLEASED to announce, mine arrived safely last Tuesday.

The young man on the phone who took my details couldn't have been any nicer and helpful.

Painless compared to what we are dealing with, regarding our PJM...

Keith.
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa

Last edited by KJF on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
When it was published on this site that the qualifying time was extended to persons serving in the 60s ,

I took the opportunity to download a form and duly completed the necessary info and pleased to say it

came back within the week , unlike the PJM which took a bit more effort in chasing.

Cameron (ex Scots Guards)

Post Veterans Badge 
Very Happy Likewise. I phoned the Veterans Agency the young Lady on the phone was most helpful my badge arrived within three days.Perhaps the MOD could learn some manners from them !!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1