Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
This Web Site
Post This Web Site 
Very impressed with the site. An excellent way to channel the anger at the HD committees unforgivable decision and offering the tools to step up the pressure. Which we will. I am commending the site to my MP as a first step.

Post Re: This Web Site 
Semengo13 wrote:
Very impressed with the site. An excellent way to channel the anger at the HD committees unforgivable decision and offering the tools to step up the pressure. Which we will. I am commending the site to my MP as a first step.

Welcome to the PJM web site and thanks for your support and for passing the news around of our existence. We hope to have more material on the web site in the next few days after which we shall be promulgating it as much as we can.

I agree with you - this central focus is an effective tool in achieving a result. We still need to continue our lobbying but, when we see others doing their bit, we get fired up to doing more ourselves.

Many thanks Barry for introducing me to this forum through my message on the MBVA website. I feel very strongly about the official approach to the wearing of the PJM. I acknowledge that Her Majesty is only doing what she is advised but it is these advisors who are holding her and the crown to ridicule. This is particularly so when we see members of the government and the royal family wearing medals and other commemorative awards that they have not truly earnt. As an expatriate living in Australia I will wear the PJM alongside my GSM at official functions because the government of Australia has recognised the importance of this gesture from the people of Malaysia that recognises the contribution of commonwealth forces to the freedom of that country. One has to assume that the HD committee is totally out of touch with the modern era, unless of course they desire to embarrass the Queen for some other reason to put the monarchy in a bad light. If that is so they are being successful to a point as I am seething with indignation when I see our royal prince's displaying medals they have not earnt.
Although I am in Australia I will support 100% your efforts to have this injustice rectified. May I also say thank you to you stalwarts, particularly Barry and George, for your determined efforts to take on the cause through thick and thin. That's the attitude that sums up the character of Mala/Borneo veterans and why we wasn't defeated.
Ivor Rich ex RN Malay/Borneo veteran 63/65. Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Great to see you here, Ivor - and thanks for your support.

Yes, it is galling to see so many of the privileged sporting gongs that they haven't earned. And we will continue this fight until we can wear the PJM.

Does anyone belong to http://www.servicepals.com/ this forum has a huge database, I'm no longer a paid up member, but there are a couple of threads on here about the PJM, I'm sure Ross Williams would put a link to your site Barry

Post Service websites 
I think www.modreunited.com is one of the best service sites and its free. There are individual pages for each unit and you can upload photos to your unit site.

Hamish Waters

Post New Front Page 
The New "Front Page" when you enter the web site is brilliant, congratulations to the author, it sums up the whole campaign in a "Nutshell". Once again well done.
Terry Revell
Ex Naval Signalman Borneo 1964 - 1965.

Post IVOR 
I agree with everything you said but I am not too sure that Her Majesty the Queen actually did include the non-wearing rule when she signed the recommendations. The recommendations she signed was to waive the two rules (I won't bore you with them) and the permission not to wear formally seems to be added later but they give it out as if it was included in the recommendations signed by the Queen. I am no Royalist but I cannot tolerate those who are well paid and when they are brought to answer yell - 'It wuznae me'. I believe on this occasion they have compromised the Queen and created unfair anger at the house of Windsor, but I also agree that they (the House of Windsor) are not doing themselves any good by their actions. They (the suits, the message boys, the paper shufflers) will not tell anyone what the recommendations signed by the Queen contain and to date I have been unable to get an answer to the question - Was the non wearing rule included in the recommendations signed by Her Majesty the Queen, if not who included this rule?'. I will keep trying as us civilians have a right to know who is making rules/laws telling us what we should or should not wear. Nice to hear you are supporting the fight4thepjm in Oz.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1