Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
another EDM
Post another EDM 
I see that another edm No. 375 from Michael Mates as appeared on the list, again Pingat Jasa Malaysia is the topic

Is Michael trying to make some mates (scuse pun) now that the die appears to be cast or has he acted in ignorance of the other EDM as a result of the e-mails sent to all and sundry!

Find out I will

John

A well taken point John!.....One wonders?.....I appreciate that multiple EDM's on the same topic might have a tendency to diffuse the impact of having many MP's 'signing on' to one EDM...but proliferation is not necessarily a bad thing is it?.....Like they say 'all publicity is good publicity!

Come on now....all you lads who have not yet sent an email to your MP asking them to sign onto the EDM...actually onto either one of the 2 EDM's!....This is the time to do it!....take you but a couple of minutes to do so and the potential payoff is great.

YOUR help is needed....

And this is what I have sent to him copied to Michael Ancram, Robert Key and James Gray
John

Dear Michael, I wish to thank you for laying down an Early Day Motion with regard to the PJM and I found that your wording summed up the issue succinctly however I am slightly confused, Don Toughing also laid down an EDM on the same subject several days ago!

I am concerned that two such EDM’s may have the effect of watering down the other, do you think that is a possibility? My own MP; Michael Ancram, has been strong in his support of this campaign since I first went to him with the facts of the case and I along with many others, have worked extremely hard to spread that support throughout the House. I am aware that the matter of the rules is being addressed by the H & D Committee at the behest of Sir Robin Janvrin in order to bring them all together in a simpler more just format so I would suggest that this is actually at the behest of HM The Queen who we know has been upset by the Governments intransigence.

I would welcome your views on this but I also welcome your support coming as it does from such a distinguished former soldier.

Yours aye,

John Ireland

Councillor
Member for Lickhill Ward NWDC
01249 811910
www.lickhillconservatives.org.uk

Last edited by jireland on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Re the two EDMs is it perhaps that one is spelt (Don Touhigs Pinjat and not Pingat) and that Michael Mates is spelt Pingat that there are two? Anyway the more the merrier it is Turkey, Tinsel and Minsh Spie time (hic) Smile

Following Thursdays e-mail to my MP, Mrs Nadine Dorries, (Con) Mid Bedfordshire asking her to sign Don Touhig's EDM 356 I have just sent her a second e-mail asking her to sign one of the EDM's 356 or 375. I will keep plugging at her as her support so far has been non forthcoming. If there are any more Mid Bedfordshire veterans out there then please please do get in touch with Mrs Nadine Dorries dorriesn@parliament.uk outlining our plight. Although I have already pointed out to her that there are many thousands of us, she needs to understand that I am surly not the only one in her constituency.

David Pearce Ex Royal Navy.

Post EDMs 
As mentioned earlier, I have twice contacted my MP regarding EDMs. I have just received the following.

"Thank you for drawing this to my attention. When I next sign EDMs I
shall add my signature to this one

Yours sincerely

Sandra Gidley MP
House of Commons
London
SW1A 1AA "

Brilliant stuff 'Kentsboro'...persistence certainly pays!

Incidentally....it now transpires that Don Touhig and Michael Mates, the gentlemen who raised the 2 EDM'S have agreed to sign each others submission....this 'cross-support' will, hopefully encourage MP's to sign both, thus lending greater impact to the submission....if any of you are writing to your MP please urge that he/she sign BOTH EDM's 356 & 375.

Post Latest Signatories - 370 in all! 
Go to the Lobby page and read all about the continuing and growing support we are receiving in Parliament!

205 MPs have signed up - more are waiting in the wings ... we believe the vast majority of the Commons support our case the the PJM to be worn.

370 MPs' signatures in all supporting the PJM.

These figures are as at 25/01/2007. To get the latest news and to read all about it: http://www.fight4thepjm.org/lobby_mp.htm

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1