Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You still have time ... unhappily!
Post You still have time ... unhappily! 
We have been informed by the Honours Secretary at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office that they will not achieve the end-November target date for revealing the HD Committee findings. That message came through this morning which is ... err ... the 30th of November.

Surprise, surprise!

But we do not need to be too miffed ... yet. I have it on very good authority that there is a sound reason for this delay. I will report further very soon.

Meanwhile, I am sure that Messrs Keith/Coney, Edge and Brennan will appreciate any billets doux you care to send them on the matter of the discredited Honours System. Honest!

Barry

Post Re: You still have time ... unhappily! 
BarryF wrote:
We have been informed by the Honours Secretary at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office that they will not achieve the end-November target date for revealing the HD Committee findings.

I have it on very good authority that there is a sound reason for this delay. I will report further very soon.

Barry

In the meantime I wonder how many Vets will be receiving posthumous PJMs, because of the HD's continued intransigence?

The "suits" just being their normal arrogant selves.
I used to work for an airline as a engineer before retiring.Guess who used to do all the whining when there was a delay to the departure time.Yes, you're right,the "suits"

Rgds Ray

Barry,

Going by what happened exactly one year ago when the HD committee met on 7 December 2005 and the Ministerial Statement was not released until 55 days later on the 31 January 2006. I am certain they wont be in any hurry to let us know the results of the PJM medal wearing review before Christmas.

George.
Do they celebrate Christmas on their home planets?

Post Posthumous PJMs and the HD Committee's Considerations 
John Feltham wrote:
In the meantime I wonder how many Vets will be receiving posthumous PJMs

If anybody knows of a PJMer who is very ill, please contact Fight4thePJM as soon as possible. In our last discussions with the Malaysian High Commission they stated (without being asked) that such cases would receive special attention.

John Feltham wrote:
the HD's continued intransigence?

I have been told that the HD Committee is working on our case "actively" in order to resolve this whole problem once and for all. If that is true (and it comes from a very well informed person - and in writing), then the time they are taking now could be in the best interests of PJMers and British veterans in the future.

If I have been misled (and I have no reason to believe I have), then I can assure readers that the proverbial will hit the fan in no uncertain terms.

Barry

Do they celebrate Christmas on their home planets?

Strange you should say that Dave, but it is a little known fact that they do. Most come from the planet Zob and have a built in navigation system called SatNavSerpent. SNP
is programmed to get these Zobs to Whitehall but as with most SatNav systems it takes you down the long and winding road or even a blind alley and at the end a cul-de-sac so you see you are absolutely spot on. Confused

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1