Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
20 Nov
Post 20 Nov 
Hello, I find it interesting that 152 people joined this website on 20 November - is this a significant day Question

Sorry - this wasnt meant to sound like critisim - just curiousity - thats all.

Post Re: 20 Nov 
pedro wrote:
Hello, I find it interesting that 152 people joined this website on 20 November - is this a significant day Question

No. There was nothing significant in that day as far as I know - other than it was my wife's birthday.

We have lobbied a number of regimental associations for their support over recent weeks and this recent display of new support is just one result. We were hoping for that response during November while our case was being considered.

We shall do more of that lobbying - while registrations and visits to this web site continue to increase, I am still amazed at the number of people who are not aware of the PJM or the fight for the right to wear it.

Our only problem is time ... we are working on this F4 case every day of the week - with three people now essentially full time for much of that time. So we tend to spend time on regimental support lobbying (as opposed to politial or HMG lobbying) as and when we can. It often results in sudden bursts of enthusiasm like that on the 20th - Monday is a good day for us because the new support reflects a lot of work by a lot of people over the preceding weekend.

Thank you for your support.

Barry

Sorry - this wasnt meant to sound like critisim - just curiousity - thats all.

Peter,

I'd like to add that the previous weekend (to the 20th) was Remembrance Weekend and so our case was to the fore.

The Government chose not to give us a result before Remembrance Day parades (so that Brits would know whether they could wear their PJM - if they had received it, that is) and that has not gone down at all well.

The following week there was a lot of activity on the Fight4thePJM web site ... from the 12th (Remembrance Sunday) through to the day you refer to, we received 4,227 visits (in 8 days). Bearing in mind we do not advertise or go looking for visitors, this is a staggering amount of activity.

Barry

There is much that goes on behind the scenes as Barry says, I have hit TV Teletext with appeals and you get a sudden spurt of registrations, a newspaper article gives another dimension. One of our 'team leaders' spent one whole week with his wife answering telephone queries on an appeal! Others in far away lands do the same. How Barry copes with it and keeping down a day job I do not know, but for the record my input is generally 4 hours a day, seven days a week and if you type Pingat Jasa Malaysia into a Google search engine you will see there are 17800 websites mentioning this, I don't quite know whether I have been and visited each one yet but I'm working on it! Wink

Less than two weeks ago another 'team leader' visited The Scottish Parliament with a petition, others have been to Buckingham Palace, there has been magazine/newspaper articles printed regarding the Campaign. TV/Radio appearances, supporting luncheons, lobbying of Ministers, MPs and Civil Servants is a constant reminder of what we are up to.

I feel very confident that the 'suits' will get out of their own hole they have dug for themselves very shortly and that a reversal of the 'No Right to Wear' will be the outcome, this is only my own gut reaction. But if this decision is not reversed then we are going to need every man jack of you all to make it happen, there is much in the melting pot, but let us just bide our own time for a few more days, aye? Tick Tock, Tick Tock..........

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1