Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Remembrance Sunday at Home
Post Remembrance Sunday at Home 
I have just watched the service at the Cenotaph in London and I did so on my television. I am at home because I have nowhere to go on this special day. My husband died some years ago and as I sat watching the service I remembered him. My husband served in the army for six years but did not get a medal. He served in Malaya and I have applied for his posthumous Pingat Jasa Malaysia. I hope I shall have his medal for next November. It will be all I shall ever have to remember his military service.

I just watched those men and women marching proudly, wearing their medals, and the widows wearing their husband's, with pride. I was very moved.

I do not understand why you men and women who served Malaysia have not already been given permission to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia. I have followed the story from your web site and watching the Cenotaph service I am incensed. How dare those politicians do what they have done to you and to the memory of my husband. You should have been given permission to wear your medal from the beginning.

I have registered my support for you this morning by signing on to the Fight4thepjm web site. Thank you for fighting this fight for people like me and thank you for what you are doing for the memory of my husband.

God bless you all.

Brenda Jenkins
London
12 11 2006

Thank you for fighting this fight for people like me and thank you for what you are doing for the memory of my husband.

Welcome Brenda to the Fight4 and to this forum.

Your words are a timely reminder to all, just how important and deeply felt to us, are the memories of our fallen comrades.

We are humbly grateful for your support and we will never cease in our efforts to have this shameful indignity rescinded....let me hasten to add though, that while your thanks are graciously received...they are not necessary....we consider it a duty and a privilege to be able to continue the fight for those of our comrades who no longer can.

Thank you for your kind words and support....and God Bless you too!

THANK YOU.
Today you have made me proud to be part of this organization.

Post Re: Remembrance Sunday at Home 
Mrs Brenda Jenkins wrote:
Thank you for fighting this fight for people like me and thank you for what you are doing for the memory of my husband

Brenda,

It's the least we (*) can do - and we'll keep doing it until you have formal pemission to wear your husband's medal.

Thank you for your moving message.

Barry

(*) "We" ... are the people leading this fight and the supporters around the world without whom we would not have got this far.

I fully endorse everything my colleagues have said above. Thank you for taking the time out to register and make a very moving post. I drove 132 miles today to honour our ex colleagues, this campaign has moved me more than almost anything that I have been involved with in the past. Count me in for fighting your corner.

If you would care to forward to me a PM (Private Message) regarding Posthumous Awards I will need to know when you applied for your husbands medal and we will take it from there. I already have a Posthumous Medal (PJM) for my father.

John Cooper

I hope that you don't have wait too long for your husband's PJM.

When it arrives, wear it with pride - your husband would have.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1