Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
BRANDON FREE PRESS gives D.A.F.T.A. award to HAD Committee
Post BRANDON FREE PRESS gives D.A.F.T.A. award to HAD Committee 
The Editor of the Brandon Free Press has announced the winners of the first ever D.A.F.T.A. award. It was unequivocally unanimous, that it be presented to the Honours and Decorations Committee, for their services to truth honour and decency.

The eight members of the H and D Committee have been inducted into the DAFTA Hall of Fame, in what has been described as a political tour de force.

Spokesman, Mr Chris Edge, said that he was delighted to be nominated and to receive this prestigeous award. He further asked whether this was restricted or unrestricted.

A petulent Prime Minister, Mr The Right Honourable, (but only on my terms) Blair, biting his lip said that 'It should have been me'. His toadying cohorts, enthusiastically agreed.

Post Wind-up? 
Arthur, I suspect a wind-up here?

Can this be the same Honours and Decorations Committee who are tasked with protecting the integrity of the Honours System which is being investigated by the police in what is termed 'the cash for peerages' case, and is this the same Honours and Decorations Committee who was fooled by a con man into recommending him for an MBE, which he got, on references which are said to have not even fooled a child of tender years, and is this the same Honours and Decorations Committe, not content with embarrassing Her Majesty the Queen, on these two blunders, one which could still have far reaching consequences, but they also recommended to The Queen that she should discriminate against British Citizens by refusing them permission to wear the PJM, or should I say that is this the same Honours and Decorations Committee who didn't ask the Queen to refuse permission to wear the PJM but said so themselves.
Can't be the same Honours and Decorations Committe as they are on their last legs.

You had me going for a second, yes, just a second!

What do you get when you cross a snake with a government employee? - a Civil Serpent.

Gosh, the year has flown by, April the first already?

John

Post Wind up 
Hi McDangle,

Just a bit of fun, at the HAD Committee's expense, especially on this particular day.
Perhaps it is something that they might care to remember when they make their decision, regarding the unrestricted wearing of the PJM.

We can be just as errascible, but tinged with a sense of humour.

Incidently, there is no such organ as the Brandon Free Press.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Re: Wind up 
Arthur R-S wrote:
Hi McDangle,

Just a bit of fun, at the HAD Committee's expense, especially on this particular day.
Perhaps it is something that they might care to remember when they make their decision, regarding the unrestricted wearing of the PJM.

We can be just as errascible, but tinged with a sense of humour.

Incidently, there is no such organ as the Brandon Free Press.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Yes Arthur, I was aware of the thinking behind it and thought it deserved an answer. Andy.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1