Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
A Checklist for the HD Committee (Prize Contest included)
Post A Checklist for the HD Committee (Prize Contest included) 
Recently, I wrote to all members of the Committee on the Award of Honours, Decorations and Medals (the HD Committee). That day I also wrote to Messrs Brennan (a member of the HD Committee who also coordinates their work), and Messrs Edge (FCO) and Keith (MoD). All the letters were sent Guaranteed Delivery.

Here is one of those letters (they were identical) to Lt Col Matheson:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Matheson_2ndUpdate_PJMers_Issues_061106_ecopy.pdf

Plus this Enclosure listing some PJMers Concerns:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/PJM_Appeal_List_of_Supporters_Issues_061106.pdf

Here is his reply:

Now to the Contest.

Why was I so impressed with Lt Col Matheson's response? What makes it a bit special?

Our Fight4thePJM Chairman has been given the answer and he will pick the best of your submissions to receive a surprize-prize. We'll let this run over the weekend and pick a winner on Monday.

Go on ... have a go. All ideas welcome.

You can repeat somebody else's answer. If we get more than one correct entry, we'll draw the winner from the hat.

Barry

Hint 1: The answer is not in my letter to the HD Committee - but, then again, it is!

Hint 2: The answer is in the Colonels letter!

Is the answer that this gentleman has taken a) the trouble to read your letter, and b) the trouble of acknowledging it [rare these days] and c) the trouble of copying it to Denis Brennan to make sure he knows about our concerns?

Jock can take any of those replies in any combination as my answer. I'm looking forward to the postman's knock on the door! Cheers, Kev.

Is the answer that this gentleman has taken a) the trouble to read your letter, and b) the trouble of acknowledging it [rare these days] and c) the trouble of copying it to Denis Brennan to make sure he knows about our concerns?

I second scouserkev's answer(s). He took the words out of my mouth (oh yes he did!) but in a tie-break I'd like Jock to add in my additional six pennyworth that this letter is an acknowledgment from a member of the Honours and Decorations Committee so he must now know about the 60 concerns about our case and if he does so do the other six (six because I note that Brennan has his very own letter and now has another copy from a colleague on that Committee).

Is it the mis-spelling of Denis Brennan's name?

I have not got the foggiest but I am sure that Barry will telephone me confidentially and tell me. If he does, please don't inundate me with requests for the answer, none of you could afford it!

John

Don't tell Dennis Brennan has been promoted????????? Rolling Eyes

"Head of Ceremonial Secretariat" or should we say Secret-ariat.

I thought he was Cerimonial Officer or similar.

Kuching.
.............that Lt Col Matheson has personally replied to Mr Dennis Brennan probably enclosing a White Feather to boot! Could you get Enzio Ferrari's family to order mine in red please, it will match the Lamborghini

It's a corker and you will never guess unless you go back to absolute basics.

John

It's a corker and you will never guess unless you go back to absolute basics.

John

So Barry has told you the answer! I've tried the Fight4thePJM Competition a couple of times but without success, although I haven't given up on my last entry. So, to enhance my chances for this competition, please advise soonest bank details for a TT of appropriate bribe. I'll use the cash I was going to send for my peerage.

I was going to suggest that the answer was something to do with the Second Rebuttal Update & Addenda which is not in Barry's letter as per Hint 1 but it is not in Lt Col Matheson's letter either which is contrary to Hint 2.

Win or lose, I must congratulate Barry on his letter and the List of PJMers concerns. I spent time reading them. I had not realised just how unjustified the recommendation was until I saw that list.

I am sorry, I'm afraid that not even the cost of a Peerage could buy me!

Perhaps I should apply to be the Parliamentary watchdog, there would be more than just a few evictions from the House then.

John

Has Barry Fleming erased his address from his letter because it is not there. If he did not erase it and it was never there then how did the colonel know how to write to him? Barry's address is not in his letter which fits Hint 1 but it is in the colonel's letter which fits Hint 2. If I am right then I also would be impressed with the colonel's politeness in bothering to find Barry's address. That is my answer.

Has Barry Fleming erased his address from his letter .

The two letters (and enclosure) are exactly as sent/received.

Come on, everyone ... Have-A-Go!

226 people have viewed this Topic! Only a handful have had the bottle to enter! Nobody cares what you say and guess ... so long as it's polite!

Don't forget ... Major Surprize Prizes at stake. And only today to submit your entry.

Has Matheson sent a reply with some factual iformation to Denis Brennan and leaves it up to Brennan whether he forwards the info to Barry?

Hamish

Instead of binning the letter and the List of Concerns which he could easily have done, has Lt Col Matheson taken on board our concerns and then taken steps to ensure that the Prime Minister, through the Cabinet Office, gets to know about them? If so, good for him. That is impressive and special.

[quote="beamer2"]Instead of binning the letter and the List of Concerns which he could easily have done, has Lt Col Matheson taken on board our concerns and then taken steps to ensure that the Prime Minister, through the Cabinet Office, gets to know about them? If so, good for him. That is impressive and special.[/quote]
MORNING BEAMER2,TRYING TO DECODE YOUR CRYTIC HANDLE,ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE A MOTORCYCLIST,WITH A LUST FOR THE HORIZONATELY OPPOSED ENGINE KNOWN AS A 'FLAT TWIN' Question

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next